Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

looking for an architect

Just moved into 3 bed house in bromley off homesdale road feel we could make better use of space we have how much we looking at for a basic plan
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    My wife is an Architect. We are based in Copenhagen though.
  • Options

Next time your over could you pop in for a cuppa
  • Options
    If only we had had a way of locating and employing tradesmen before the Internet was invented.
  • Options
    Just stop any bloke in the street wearing sandals and a bowtie.
  • Options
    Depends how much you want to spend. I'm meeting one on Wednesdsy but he's unlikely to be cheap
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Next time your over could you pop in for a cuppa
    haha. Will do.
  • Options
    Much better off getting a Surveyor who can design decent domestic extensions and work with you for a reasonable fee than an Architect who will spend your money without thinking twice about budgets and just thinking how it can develop his portfolio.
  • Options
    RodneyCharltonTrotters old man did me some plans. Charlton fan and a right nice chap as well.
  • Options
    There are "space planners" who work for companies organising office space. Tend to be drop out architects but can do all the drawings etc.. If you can find one who will do it in his spare time it could be worth looking at. We have used one but he's not local to Bromley.
  • Options
    http://www.architect-yourhome.com/
    http://www.studioB3.co.uk/

dont know these firms but are on Which recommended local traders schemes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mate price wise you may be better going with a design and build. You would need oneofthe better building compainies
  • Options
    are you looking to extend or just alter the existing internal space?
  • Options
    I work in Architectural Tile Sales and know of a lot if you need any numbers. I live on Homesdale road lol
  • Options
    I'm not an architect but I can design almost anything. Designed and built a workshop with all services (obviously checked out by those who know) single handed, even the foundations. 15 years on and no faults have appeared. I had no experience beforehand.

ps. I'll do your plans for free.
  • Options

I'm not an architect but I can design almost anything. Designed and built a workshop with all services (obviously checked out by those who know) single handed, even the foundations. 15 years on and no faults have appeared. I had no experience beforehand.

• Options
    Addickted said:

lol Very similar but admittedly not as well built as your house.

• Options
    thanks for all the replies
    tbh the last couple weeks have done my head in
    have
    upstairs
    3 bedrooms
    14ft x 11ft
    6ft5 x 8,3ft
    8ft2x10ft
    and 6ft2x 5ft3 bathroom
    am trying to find a way to make bathroom one of the smaller bedrooms bigger
    downstairs not a problem as could do an extension and downstairs would be sheffield wednesday
    could have with extension
    11ftx11 dining room
    13ft2x 16ft4 living room
    and 13ft 9ft kitchen including toilet
    roughly
    if i do the extension though i feel its out of propotion
    large downstairs small upstairs
    the wife thinks after seeing the downstairs people would think the bathroom was an ensuite
    lots of ideas running through my head
    ie have the extension and put bedroom/bathroom downstairs
    then upstairs could be
    14ft11 bed
    13ft10 bed
    and 10ft x6ft2 bath
    we do need 3 beds
    have looked through yellow pages and seen some architects do an intial free consultation but would i need to specify my requirements
    thx all
  • Options
    Heard Nathan's looking for a job?
  • Options
    Contact Gerry gerry@attoebuildingdesign.co.uk
    Sidcup based lifer
  • Options
    Why don't you build a two storey extension?