Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I'll be stunned if Hughes isn't first man out the door this season.
  • Nah, Hughes surely, owners 'meeting to discuss his future' this week.
  • Rizzo said:

I'll be stunned if Hughes isn't first man out the door this season.

Absolutely dire manager IMO, they all get found out in the end!
  • Find it sad and angry that people like mcdermott and adkins might get sacked

Agreed, it is infuriating when this happens.

However, I do get the feeling that these two will be OK if they get relegated. Madejski still has bit of a say at Reading and seems to be a relatively fair chairman.

Adkins has done wonders at Southampton and I can't see him being the type to fall out with anybody.
  • One of the comments on that BBC article at the bottom:

"He looks like the bear from Bo Selecta"

Agree. WTF do the owners/Board expect when their team is taken up into the Prem? These guys deserve a chance to make it work.

I can't stand Adkins as I think he is a smug prick but that doesn't mean he should get the push having taken them up.
  • I think Adkins and McDermott will be fine, barring a dreadful run of ten defeats in a row or something. Chairmen at their clubs both seem a bit more clued up than the usual mugs. How Hughes is still at QPR I'll never know. Geezer's as shit a manager as Bryan Robson but still keeps getting jobs.
  • Davo55 said:

I can't stand Adkins as I think he is a smug prick but that doesn't mean he should get the push having taken them up.

He's led Southampton to 2 consecutive promotions - it has to count for some loyalty towards him.

Without Adkins, they could still be trying to get out of the Third Division.

• Curbs and Arry .................shopping in Westfields white city just in case they get a call......Dowie on Sky saying Hughes should be given time as he is an experienced manager........no mention though that he is a good manager ...............and me thinks thats what they need ....he has made some terrible signings
  • Sponsored links:

• jdsd42 said:

Curbs and Arry .................shopping in Westfields white city just in case they get a call......Dowie on Sky saying Hughes should be given time as he is an experienced manager........no mention though that he is a good manager ...............and me thinks thats what they need ....he has made some terrible signings

That bloke is a moron - surely you'd give time too inexperienced managers
  • Anyone know what Hughes' record as a manager is, in terms of P/W/D/L?
  • Oggy Red said:

Davo55 said:

He's led Southampton to 2 consecutive promotions - it has to count for some loyalty towards him.

Without Adkins, they could still be trying to get out of the Third Division.

Don't think so Oggy. Agree he has done a very good job but the club is minted and if it wasn't him it would have been someone else. He deserved a shot at it because of the good job he did at Scunny (if I remember correctly) and he took his chance well.
  • edited November 2012
    Rizzo said:

Anyone know what Hughes' record as a manager is, in terms of P/W/D/L?

think i read he's spent 31m at QPR and lost 20 of his 34 games in charge
  • Greenie said:

Rizzo said:

Do they? I'd suggest they never do. They get sacked, get a big pay-off and then another club comes in for them and it goes round again. Clubs rarely look outside the 'usual suspects' when appoiting managers.
  • DRF said:

Greenie said:

Rizzo said:

Do they? I'd suggest they never do. They get sacked, get a big pay-off and then another club comes in for them and it goes round again. Clubs rarely look outside the 'usual suspects' when appoiting managers.
    I guess 'in the end' can take a while.
    I remember when the likes of Peter Reid, Harry Bassett, Dowie etc were getting every mid table prem/Championship job, but they got found out in the end and so will Hughes.
  • Sven-Göran Eriksson has made a very profitable career out of it!
  • QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR
    Queens Park Rangers Football Club has today (Friday) terminated the contract of manager Mark Hughes with immediate effect. #QPR
  • Not much of a surprise really. Bet they get that other useless c**t Roy Keane in now! That would really destroy them!
  • Redknapp has gotta be nailed on surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Di Matteo in for the away game at Old Trafford? Nice start!
  • The only surprise is that it didn't happen on Monday.
  • I reckon Ukraine's interest in Harry pushed their hand. I don't think for a second he wanted that job. Hughes can have no complaints, done an awful job there.
  • Would be interesting to see how Mark Bowen would do in a manager's job.

Has so far followed Hughes around but maybe like Steve Clarke and Powell he could be a successful manager in his own right.
  • 'Arry will be announced but won't be officially in charge until after the United game, that way if they do pull off a shock result he can still be blabber on about it being something to with him.

Has so far followed Hughes around but maybe like Steve Clarke and Powell he could be a successful manager in his own right.

Was just about to post the same thing! Great minds...

Was just about to post the same thing! Great minds...
    Great minds think alike or fools seldom differ ? ;0)

• Rob62 said:

I reckon Ukraine's interest in Harry pushed their hand. I don't think for a second he wanted that job. Hughes can have no complaints, done an awful job there.

Ha, good one
  • Harry will keep Qpr up if he goes there.
  • Harry will keep Qpr up if he goes there.

Based on what?