Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posting Prem scores in the charlton match day thread

I thought it was agreed that no'one would do this as it spoils it for those people who like to watch MOTD without knowing the scores, and I know there are plenty of people who like to do that!

FL scores are ok but prem not, hence no scores mentioned throughout the whole thread until 2 people blabbed at the end. I've managed to avoid the scores all afternoon and only stayed on the charlton thread only for that to be buggered up.

Comments

• Options
    Agree, I'm not too fussed about the Prem but when I'm not doing anything on a Saturday night I like to watch MOTD without knowing the scores. Managed to avoid hearing anything about the Arsenal v Spurs game until that last page of the match thread, annoying.
  • Options
    I thought this was discussed in the past and was an unwritten rule.
  • Options
    Same here. It's just so unnecessary , if people want to find out the score then its easily available.
  • Options
    Does it matter? Seriously. We've just won our third game on the spin - be happy.
  • Options
    Moan moan bloody moan!
  • Options
    Yeah it does matter, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it, and other people wouldn't have subsequently agreed with it!. Just because it doesn't matter to you, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter to other people.
  • Options

I thought it was agreed that no'one would do this as it spoils it for those people who like to watch MOTD without knowing the scores, and I know there are plenty of people who like to do that!
    FL scores are ok but prem not, hence no scores mentioned throughout the whole thread until 2 people blabbed at the end. I've managed to avoid the scores all afternoon and only stayed on the charlton thread only for that to be buggered up.

You are correct it was agreed....@LancsLad will update the scores from the Division we are playing in.....no other scores from any other Divisions were to be shared......sorry but I cant watch the thread all the time I'm updating.....so can we all go back to the unwritten rule please? Thanks
  • Options

Yeah it does matter, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it, and other people wouldn't have subsequently agreed with it!. Just because it doesn't matter to you, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter to other people.

Alright mate, keep your hair on. (Arsenal won 5-2 by the way)
  • Options
    Oh well. A few weeks ago I would have predicted the first thread after Burnley away would be some kind of 'Kerkar out' or 'is Erol Umut the problem?' moan. If this is our obligatory post-match moan then it's been a good day in Charlton land
  • Options
    Lol.

To be fair there are probably a lot of people that haven't heard this rule. I didn't realise about it but lucky for you, I can't be bothered to post other scores.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Alright mate, keep your hair on. (Arsenal won 5-2 by the way)
    It's a reasonable request, and I don't see why you have to be a prick about it! God there are some utter wankers on here!
  • Options
    Think we should be discussing another great win, not about prem scores, you were going to find out later so what is the big problem?
  • Options
    I didn't realise there were any Prem games today, this thread has f**king ruined it for me now.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Oh well. A few weeks ago I would have predicted the first thread after Burnley away would be some kind of 'Kerkar out' or 'is Erol Umut the problem?' moan. If this is our obligatory post-match moan then it's been a good day in Charlton land

LOL nah it's the tea lady. Said Alan Pardew.
  • Options
    I thought I explained what the problem was in the original post. There are other threads discussing the win today, it doesn't mean I cannot bring this up, and it certainly doesn't mean an invitation for Off_it's usual attitude.
  • Options
    When will Suarez stop scoring?
  • Options
    What's the point in watching a football match when you know what the score is going to be?
  • Options
    Possibly an idea to stay off football forum if you don't want to know a football result?
    Just an idea.
    How much less will you enjoy the highlights tonight because you know the score in advance?
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

What's the point in watching a football match when you know what the score is going to be?

in case there's a decent swedge, or a great goal?
  • Options
    I personally would prefer not to no results ... Nice one offy for telling me arsenal result if that's true score?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I can't believe what happened at Anfield today... they're calling it the greatest comeback since 1957!
  • Options
    nolly ive just inboxed ya the true score mate.
  • Options
    "usual attitude" - ha ha !

Mate, I'm really sorry that you feel your day has been spoiled by someone posting a premier league score in a matchday thread on a football forum, thereby apparently breaking some unwritten rule that they couldn't have known about or really be expected to know about. Truly, I am.

I apologise sincerely if my posts have added to your misery. No point falling out about it or calling people names though. Not good for the ticker.

Match of the Day should be a cracker tonight. Enjoy.
  • Options
    nolly said:

I personally would prefer not to no results ... Nice one offy for telling me arsenal result if that's true score?

At least he didn't mention the sending off
  • Options
    Haha brilliant thread to start right on the back of a third straight win. Very Haddock. You can't spend your Saturday afternoon on a football forum and then moan about people posting football-related content that spoils your personal TV viewing plan. Moronic.
  • Options
    does anyone know the qpr result?
  • Options

nolly said:

Or the sex scene
  • Options
    it's not an unreasonable request, no need for off it to be such a knob
  • Options
    nolly said:

It might not be you know. I've got a habit of being a prick and posting shit.
  • Options

nolly said:

Or the fact that Arsenal's fifth was scored with a balloon that had drifted onto the pitch - what was the ref thinking about letting that stand!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!