Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

India v England Test Series (Nov 2012).

Finn injured, probably Bressnam taking his place.
Anyone else getting up at 4am on Thursday to listen to this ?

Comments

• Options
    Will be getting up and watching some of the morning session before work and listening to TMS on the way to work. Should be a great series but fancy India to win it 3-1
  • Options
    If we can deal with Oija, or whatever his name is and ashwin we will have a chance. India aren't what they used to be. Our batsmen seem in good nick, KP seems to be over himself briefly and out bowlers are very good. Still think India will make the most of the conditions, but it should be tight
  • Options
    Losing Finn is a big blow. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    yep, i'll be getting up tomorrow morning at 4 am and watching it...........thats what I pay my Virgin Media monthly subs for !!
  • Options
    3-0 to India I reckon.

Think we have got a psychological barrier to batting on the sub continent.
  • Options
    Spin too mystery for my liking!! They will do us easily i'd say.
  • Options
    will be getting up c6.30

i think we might pleasantly suprise a few people although with compton ,cook and trott in the top 3 we wont be scoring quickly

and looking forward and beyond i feel that we could be looking for some back up front line spinners other than monty and swanny
  • Options
    we'll
    lolwray said:

will be getting up c6.30

i think we might pleasantly suprise a few people although with compton ,cook and trott in the top 3 we wont be scoring quickly

and looking forward and beyond i feel that we could be looking for some back up front line spinners other than monty and swanny

We'll have Patel adding some spin, and maybe KP, but neither can be described as front line. how about Briggs?
  • Options
    Team should be: Cook Compton Trott Pietersen Bell Patel Prior Broad Bresnan Swann Anderson .. If I'm about 'early doors' I will watch the start on TV
  • Options
    Always tough in the sub continent, can see the series going 1-1 think we really need Cook to deliver as we need a batsmen who is going to do the nitty gritty stuff and think he is the man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is going well... India 100 for 0 off 20 overs. It's like a one-dayer. :-(
  • Options
    pitch is a real dead duck.Long hard winter for our boys.
  • Options
    India 146/1
  • Options
    224/2
  • Options
    250-3, The Little Master only made 13, last series I think for that lad. Swann all 3.
  • Options
    CHG said:

250-3, The Little Master only made 13, last series I think for that lad. Swann all 3.

Should have played Panesar + Swann, you don't need 3 seamers on most Indian tracks.
  • Options

CHG said:

Should have played Panesar + Swann, you don't need 3 seamers on most Indian tracks.
    Agreed, absolute waste, Patel is an occasional bowler at best, think this will hopefully change for the next test.

• Options
    We've played two spinners before, usually long after the horse has bolted. You have to ask yourself why India alway play with more spinners, bearing in mind they know the conditions. Swann will have to do it all on his own by the looks of things.
  • Options
    If he's in there you might as well give patel a few more overs.

Though i hope panesar will get in the team for the next test.

How trott messed that catch up i'm not quite sure.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    283-4 Kohli b Swann 19

Glad I didn't get up early. I think I knew what was coming :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised KP hasn't bowled yet, it would be fun to see him bowling at Yuvrav!
  • Options
    323-4 now.

I understood Swann had flown home for personal reasons.

Must have been a quick visit if he did!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    LenGlover said:

323-4 now.

I understood Swann had flown home for personal reasons.

Must have been a quick visit if he did!

I think his daughter was poorly, and in any case he was always going to get picked. Without him we'd in be deep doo-doo
  • Options
    Patel is a good cricketer but is a trundler as a bower, Monty is a Test class bowler in his own right and should have played in front of Bresnan.
  • Options

Patel is a good cricketer but is a trundler as a bower, Monty is a Test class bowler in his own right and should have played in front of Bresnan.

on reflection, I agree with this 100%
  • Options

Heard on the radio that the decision was between bres and monty, selectors have a pathalogical fear of selecting 2 spinners so knew instantly this would happen. I do feel for Monty in this case.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

we'll

lolwray said:

will be getting up c6.30

We'll have Patel adding some spin, and maybe KP, but neither can be described as front line. how about Briggs?
    Agree with others that we shd have gone with Monty over Bres ....did they think Bres wd give us more with batting and fielding .what we really need is a good leg spinner (An english Shane Warne ) ...Know anyone ?

• Options
    I'd've left Broad out. In no form at all and I dot think he's picked up a worker in his last 6 opening spells
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I'd've left Broad out. In no form at all and I dot think he's picked up a worker in his last 6 opening spells

That's the trouble with the England team, it's not picked on form but on reputations and past glories. Central contracts are OK but the scheme has certainly reduced the selection pool.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

That's the trouble with the England team, it's not picked on form but on reputations and past glories. Central contracts are OK but the scheme has certainly reduced the selection pool.
    I don't agree with chopping and changing for the sake of it, and England used to suffer heavily from that in the past... but having said that Broad doesn't currently deserve his place. Oh, and I meant wicket, not worker!