Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Austin

20 goals in 17 games this season
Failed to score in just three of those
16 the last 11 matches
74 in 110 starts since leaving his job as a brickie

Not saying he is or will be Premier class but those are ridiculous stats

I'm sure we must have been rumoured to have been in for him at some point...........

Comments

• Options
    And he's the captain of my phones for you fantasy football team , happy days
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Got him at 16-1 to be top scorer with Van Persie. Zoko and Nardelio. 2 in will do.
  • Options
    Wish we'd have had the dosh to buy him at the time , surely he'll go to a Prem club in January.
  • Options
    Played against him twice when he was @ Poole Town. First game he was absolutely shocking. There was a lot of talk about him at the time and just didn't get it. Second game though he tore us a new one. People say its about that half a yard but this guy was always in space, had 5 yards on everyone. Difference in quality was unbelievable at times.
  • Options
    Better than Rhodes ???

If so then they must be rubbing their hands oooop nth if Rhodes went for 8 mil then what's his value
  • Options
    Were never in with a chance with signing him.

Millwall were though.
  • Options
    Will go in jan
    For at least 12 mill
  • Options
    Better then Rhodes for me, class , will go in Jan if Burnley arent in the top 6.

Signed on fifa, was class but accidentally sold him :( had him for whole half season lol
  • Options
    Liverpool bound.
  • Options
    Can someone hurry up and sign him please?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

20 goals in 17 games this season
    Failed to score in just three of those
    16 the last 11 matches
    74 in 110 starts since leaving his job as a brickie

Not saying he is or will be Premier class but those are ridiculous stats

I'm sure we must have been rumoured to have been in for him at some point...........

I was clearly wrong - he is Premier class.
  • Options
    Aston Villa have the Benteke money to splash.
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

Aston Villa have the Benteke money to splash.

I've heard Ramsey saying that Austin doesn't want to sign for a club going to be in another relegation battle and that if a top 10 club doesn't come in for him then he's happy to stay - hope not!
  • Options

I remember reading the QPR forums in the Harry season when they went up to the Premier and a bunch of their fans were saying Austin was a good champ striker and nothing else and would be a clown in the premier league.

...ended up being the best striker in the premier league.

Always annoys me how Harry Kane gets more attention than Austin. Austin has scored 18 goals with limited service in a tragic QPR team. Kane gets considerably better service and scores 1 more goal and the papers are having kittens.

Kanes a lot younger and definitely has more to offer then Austin in terms of overall play and is a lot more pacier, overall just a better and more exciting prospect. Both lethal in front of goal though.
  • Options
    Talking of swans, he may join Jonjo who would provide the service he needs.
  • Options
    I really hope Qpr hurry up and flog him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

I remember reading the QPR forums in the Harry season when they went up to the Premier and a bunch of their fans were saying Austin was a good champ striker and nothing else and would be a clown in the premier league.

Always annoys me how Harry Kane gets more attention than Austin. Austin has scored 18 goals with limited service in a tragic QPR team. Kane gets considerably better service and scores 1 more goal and the papers are having kittens.

But Kane is the best striker in the world
    I thought that was Joe Pigott
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

dizzee said:

But Kane is the best striker in the world
    I thought that was Joe Pigott
    If you're a Southend fan he certainly is...
  • Options
    Heard last night it looks like he's off to Newcastle
  • Options
    Well Newcastle certainly aren't a top 10 team
  • Options
    80k a week
  • Options
    From 2010 when he was at Swindon...
    CAFCsayer said:

Sign him up... made our defense look a right mess
    won everything

Where do I apply for a scouting job?
  • Options
    Pilkington, Snodgrass, Howson
  • Options
    Was Hoolahan in the Norwich team as well?