Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Knock Knock Knocking on...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Turn it in will you.
  • Options
    the children catchers
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Oh shut up plaaayer you irritant.

Maybe you should nickname him "thrush"?
  • Options
    Loving it as always. House fully decked out. Good fun all round. Go with the flow it's far more fun than fighting it!
  • Options
    Just reading over the previous comments. I've now got a kid and I still hate it.

The whole fake forced fun that adults have and kids knocking on houses poncing for sweets.

Poxy night.
  • Options
    Brussels sprouts dipped in chocolate - that'll learn 'em...
  • Options
    Tell 'em you just gave everything to the last lot who called.
  • Options
    They're milling up my street now

Think they can scare me with they're crap pound shop brought costumes they got another thing coming! I'm Sticking on some heavy screamo to scare the f'ck out of em into not coming round
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Don't mind the nippers but get irritated when six foot teenage lads intimidate the elderly.

(I don't mean myself before you ask)

First year I've not been at work at this time on Halloween in years.
  • Options
    Did Henry Irving just casually drop in that his father was banned from Spain after breaking in to the Spanish Embassy...?

This website is awesome

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doorbell rang five minutes ago. Oh heck, we've got no sweets. We scrabble around for some coins. Answer the door. It's a bloke from Yodel. "Parcel, mate, for Thai Malaysia Addick", he says.

How does he know my CL name?
  • Options
    Live in Kings Hill and it is mental here. People have done out garages with smoke machines, lazers, witches flying on wires, music, screams and the place teaming with kids and adults all dressed up. Great fun.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Redrobo said:

Live in Kings Hill and it is mental here. People have done out garages with smoke machines, lazers, witches flying on wires, music, screams and the place teaming with kids and adults all dressed up. Great fun.

Living in Thamesmead if people put smoke machines in garages no-one would pay any attention just think it was the standard Friday night fire :-)
  • Options
    Point taken, and KH is an american development.
  • Options
    Hardly had any callers this year, 2 I think my wife said. Similar last year. But our kids are grown up and we don't have a pumpkin in the window anymore so maybe people are following the code of not knocking at non-decorated houses or maybe people just know that I live here.......
  • Options
    It's a good night to invite the in laws over for a dutiful visit. Just ignore all knocks at the door and you can explain to them tomorrow that you thought they were trick or treaters.
  • Options
    Lights out, doorbell ignored. Simple.
  • Options
    Not a single trick or treating group at mine.

I didnt get in till 7 but have a bowl by the front door with lollies, boxes of raisins and bottles of bubbles so they would have had a choice.

If i had nothing in i guarantee the bell wouldn't have stopped ringing!
  • Options
    I live in a flat with a buzzer controlled entrance door, and I can't remember the last time I got trick or treated. Even the kids living in the block don't bother. Good job really, as I haven't got anything in :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:

I live in a flat with a buzzer controlled entrance door, and I can't remember the last time I got trick or treated. Even the kids living in the block don't bother. Good job really, as I haven't got anything in :-)

same, had no one tonight thank god,
  • Options

Can't thing of anything more banal, contrived, superficial and commercially exploited.

Even Christmas used to be a celebration of the birth of someone who name now eludes me but what is Halloween celebrating except a temporary boost in Chinese exports of cheap crap.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's relevant but today is Halloween and at this moment in time my LOL count stands at 666!
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Can't thing of anything more banal, contrived, superficial and commercially exploited.

Even Christmas used to be a celebration of the birth of someone who name now eludes me but what is Halloween celebrating except a temporary boost in Chinese exports of cheap crap.

I blame ET.

Hardly anyone here knew about Trick or Treating until that film was released!

• Options

I believe its a day to remember the dead including all saints hench the name all saints day which is 1st November

not sure why its done the night before but thats what I thought halloween was for but I agree everything has become to commercial

I never understand why people seem to get more presents on Christmas than they own Birthday either
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That's a good point paulie. I want shitloads of presents on MY birthday, not bloody Jesus's.
  • Options

That's a good point paulie. I want shitloads of presents on MY birthday, not bloody Jesus's.

Thats what I say, your birthday is special to you, if you get more presents on one day it should be the day of your birth
  • Options
    Had a load of sweets and stuff to rot their teeth and no one showed up.

They all seemed to have gone out before everyone got home from work, their eagerness has cost them.

When it hits about 10pm and the 'trickers' come out and the knocking on the door could be a couple of eggs. I can't be too mad though, at one stage I was one of those sh!ts.
  • Options
    Has anyone actually experienced the trick part of the saying?