Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What starting 11 would you put out against Middlesbrough?

I think its going to be really interesting to see how CP approaches this one, playing 5 in midfield has got us two very decent away points of late but is it too negative to play at home? I think it is but at the same time not sure who I would drop. We have also been over run in midfield playing 4-4-2 at home this season. Can Devite step up in to central midfield? For me I would play this team but I really am not sure what is best, just pleased its not me having to make the decision.

Hamer
solly cort morro evina
wilson pritchard dervite jacko
hulse bwp

Comments

• Options
    Same team from Leeds and Wolves for me - two decent performances so let's so how we get on with it at home.
  • Options
    can't play one up top at home, too negative, so :

Hamer
    solly cort morro evina
    wilson dervite jacko kerkar
    hulse bwp
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Same team from Leeds and Wolves for me - two decent performances so let's so how we get on with it at home.

this....start this way, changes with 30 mins left if needed

• Options
    same as large but id drop dervite and keep pritchard
  • Options
    Unchanged starting XI. Unless the circumstances are unusual, BWP must come on early in the second half though.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Agree, you can say it's too negative but our midfield has been slaughtered with 4-4-2. Keep it solid to start, can always change it up but not conceding in the first 15 mins would be nice.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Agree, you can say it's too negative but our midfield has been slaughtered with 4-4-2. Keep it solid to start, can always change it up but not conceding in the first 15 mins would be nice.

• Options
    Antse7en said:

cafctom said:

Agree. The way the opposition takes control of the game when we play 4-4-2 means it becomes a negative formation.

With Pritchard and Wilson in a midfield 5 we'll have more energy and pace which has been a weakness in our team.
  • Options
    I think he'll be tempted to play 5 in the middle again. It may be reasonable to expect Boro to be a bit more open and it is always something you can change. What I'd like to see, is Chrissy change it early if it isn't working.
  • Options
    Like he did against Barnsley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think CP Will stick with the same side.

But personally i'd be itching to take off Jacko if he is watching the game pass him by again.
  • Options
    Hamer

Solly
    Morro
    Cort
    Evina

Wilson
    Stephens
    Dervite
    Pritchard
    Jacko

Hulse
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly-Morrison- Cort-Evina
    Wilson-Prichard-Dervite-Kerkar
    BWP-Hulse

Jackson gave the ball away a few times against Wolves.
  • Options
    You can't play Dervite in a 4-4-2 he is not mobile enough.It has got to be 4-5-1.I know people say it is negative,but it doesn't have to be.If Stephens is fit I would play the following:

Hamer
    Solly,Cort,Morrison,Evina
    Wilson,Dervite,Stephens,Pritchard,Kerkar
    Hulse

Subs Button,Taylor,Green,Hollands,Cook,BWP,Jackson
  • Options
    Same XI and formation for me, assuming Stephens is not fit. If he is I would drop Jackson down to the bench exactly how @dickplumb has above
  • Options
    Didn't we play 4-5-1 against Blackburn? I certainly don't remember our play being negative that day.
  • Options

Same XI and formation for me, assuming Stephens is not fit. If he is I would drop Jackson down to the bench exactly how @dickplumb has above

Agree with this. Let's see how this formation works at home.
  • Options

4/5/1

hamer
    solly, cort, morro, evina
    wilson, stephens, hollands, jackson, kerkar
    hulse

i am not completly convinced about devrite yet. i think hollands still has a lot left to offer this campaign...
  • Options
    He won't drop JJ - we are likely to need his quality delivery for one thing.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Agree with this. Let's see how this formation works at home.
    We played 4-5-1 at home against barnsley and that was with an attacking midfielder instead of a defensive midfielder and most people agreed we were too negative and CP changing it at h/f suggests he felt the same.

I think when we play away we can afford to sit and wait to try and score on the counter but at home we need to find a system where we can break teams down and score the first goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Something a but different. Assuming Stephens is fit.

----------Hamer-----------
    --Solly--Cort--Morro--Evina
    ----------Dervite------------
    --Wilson--Stephens--Kerkar
    ----------Jackson----------
    ------------Hulse------------
  • Options

Something a but different. Assuming Stephens is fit.

----------Hamer-----------
    --Solly--Cort--Morro--Evina
    ----------Dervite------------
    --Wilson--Stephens--Kerkar
    ----------Jackson----------
    ------------Hulse------------

I'd probably go with this
  • Options
    Dervite out BWP in. Simple as.
  • Options
    addick16 said:

4/5/1

hamer
    wilson, stephens, hollands, jackson, kerkar
    hulse

i am not completly convinced about devrite yet. i think hollands still has a lot left to offer this campaign...

If I see Hollands again this season I will be disappointed. I don't rate any of his performances so far and also don't believe he works well with Stephens. So I'd drop him for Pritchard.

• Options
    Same team. Need to get a bit of confidence at home and a result against one of the divisions top teams will help. Preferably a win but I think many would take a draw.
  • Options
    hamer
    wilson, stephens, hollands, jackson,
    hulse BWP
  • Options
    Brunello said:

hamer
    wilson, stephens, hollands, jackson,
    hulse BWP

Dropping Pritchard would be very harsh.
  • Options
    Pritchard has been one of our best players since coming in, his energy is something I feel we have missed, surely he wont be dropped
  • Options
    Playing Dervite as the anchor in midfield should allow the full backs to push on at every available opportunity with him covering, similiar to the role that Hughes played last year when in the team (albeit in a 4-4-2 formation).
    If you can get the full backs pushing on and creating down the flanks then 4-5-1 can become an attacking formation.
    I think we have the players to adapt to this formation both home and away so with that in mind I would keep the same team that line up against Leeds and Wolves.
  • Options
    Been at the last two games, and Pritchard, has been one of, it not, our best player.