Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A horrible question

Be honest...

If offered the chance as a 20 year old, would you be a late-ish professional footballer... But start your career playing for palace... and it's fixed for the next 5 years. Its a 5 year contract and no one wants to sign you during that period. You start off earning 5k a week, then eventually rises to 10k a week on the 3rd year (I don't know why). The Palace fans love you are on the teamsheet against Charlton twice a year. You play as a forward.

It's a particulary strange scenario, but, would do it?

I personally would be tempted for the cash... But still, I would not live that scenario. No deal.

Comments

• Options
    If spending a night with the cheerleaders is part of the contract then I'd do it.
  • Options
    I'd be injured.
  • Options
    Most definitely. No brainer
  • Options
    I've done a lot worse for a lot less
  • Options
    If I get to have the footballing talent to deserve this position, then of course. Anyone who said no, would be a complete mug (or extremely wealthy already).
  • Options
    honestly, yes.
  • Options
    Most definitely would. Take the money, enjoy the fame and as the 5 years is running out score 3 own goals in the Charlton match. What's wrong with that.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Was offered trials at palace as an 11 year old, moved abroad for 2 years the following week, didnt play competively much in that time and came back and was shite.

As much as i love Charlton til i die seeing as i currently spend every day looking at spreadsheets surrounded by gimps, and have spent the evening reading about interest rate swaps I would play for palace if they merely covered my train fare.
  • Options
    No brainer, of course. I'm pretty sure more than one Liverpool player supports Everton. It's a job. I like Vauxhalls - didn't stop me working for Ford a few years back.
  • Options
    Start at 5k a week? I'd give the wanker sign to the covered end as I scored!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a kick about every day and getting paid mega bucks to do it. Yea I'd prob give it a go
  • Options
    Of course
  • Options
    Absolutely i'd do it!
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    yes but get a massive chartlton tatoo on my back and throw my shirt to the ultras at the end of the game..
  • Options
    I'd take the money and do a Winston Bogarde
  • Options
    This thread is starting to resemble a Kelly Brook would ya.
  • Options
    If Palace are willing to pay you 5grand and then give you a payrise to 10grand, surely there must be some club out there, any club, willing to pay you 3 or 4grand a week to play for them. Swansea, Swindon, St Mirren. Orient even. Basically any club whose supporters didn't wet themselves at school and have to be flown out to Amsterdam at the age of 21 so that their old man could buy them their first shag.

I'd go to any one of those clubs.
  • Options
    I would and then the last game I would play bad. As I was being subbed take my top off to reveal a SmallWall shirt with Skum no1 on the back then take that one off to reveal a Charlton shirt.

At that moment I would fly kick a palace fan and run and join the cafc fans and finish watching the game with them.
  • Options
    Anyone that says no needs their head testing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes to palace and a definite no to millwalll(not that you asked that)

• Options

Took me a couple of reads to even begin to understand the "question"

£1.75 million over 5 years? Not even working a "proper job"?

Ha ha!
  • Options
    I must need my head testing , as there are some things in life that are wrong , regardless of how much money Palace were paying, just unthinkable wearing those pyjama's.

Bit like the bloke in the garage this morning trying to flog me a Euro Millions ticket , i said what do i want to win for? it'd only ruin me.
  • Options
    I wouldnt want to play football full stop, cant think of a job I'd dislike more. Now tennis on the other hand.
  • Options

I wouldnt want to play football full stop, cant think of a job I'd dislike more. Now tennis on the other hand.

You dislike football?
  • Options
    Definitely do it, but literally cover myself in Charlton Tattoos, wear personalised red boots with CAFC stitched on them and I'd make sure I'm smashing all my teammates hot wives to top it all off
  • Options
    Off_it said:

You dislike football?
    No, I love football...just no desire to kick a ball myself.

• Options

Off_it said:

You dislike football?
    No, I love football...just no desire to kick a ball myself.

But you don't go to watch it?
  • Options
    Yes of course, but I would temper my celebration if I scored, without snubbing the fans who supported me every week, a la JFH...
  • Options

Yes of course, but I would temper my celebration if I scored, without snubbing the fans who supported me every week, a la JFH...

Welcome back mate! How you doing?