Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Glitter's arrest today

2»

Comments

• Options

Where does he live? Is that picture taken in Battersea?

Looks like Fulham to me.

And anyone who thinks that GG's home wasn't under 24 hours press watch is being very naive imo.

Think "Sherlock Holmes" and you're getting close.

Actually, when the GG story first broke I'm sure the Beeb were reporting that the press had been tipped off - although that seems to have been left out of subsequent reports. It was something like 7am on a Sunday morning, so even if a pap or two were there I think it unlikely that a camera crew would've got there in time.
  • Options
    I was thinking more Gerry Rafferty meself like....
    Off_it said:

Think "Sherlock Holmes"

• Options

But Glitter is a serious nonce case so regardless of whether this was minor , it's a great chance to lock him up and throw away the keys.

Agree 100%
  • Options

Deviating slightly (no pun intended!), I used to know a pro Bass player who was in Freddie Starr's tour backing band for a couple of seasons back in the 80s. He told some rather 'interesting' stories.. Nothing about underage stuff, but but some very dodgy things involving groupies (Freddie had many - usually good 'Would ya' candidates). Not sure if I could post them up here, for legal reasons - as much as I'd like to.. Let's just say "is what I'm doing legal" wasn't a point FS seemed to ponder long & hard on...

So if I have read you post correctly, none were underage and presumably consenting, if so what is the problem? Have I missed something here?
  • Options
    Hardly news is it? Gary Glitter implicated in child abuse! He would have been the first on the list to look into in my opinion as he has been proved to be a sexual predator of young girls, grooming them and setting up opportunites to abuse them pretty much what Saville is being accused of and I suspect plenty of others will be found out as well and good job too I say.

However there is a distinction between what these two pair of scroats were up to and bands taking adavantage of the girls that throw themselves at them when the opportunity arises. I worked around the music business a few years ago and the number of girls that literally chucked themselves at bands was mind boggling and I have to say it is quite believable that a number were not sixteen. I even heard them afterwards bragging about what they had done with the members of the band wearingit like a badge of honour. I know if you are suspicious you should ask what age the girl is but frankly all these girls would have easily passed for 18-19.

Not defending it but there are two sides to the story I recall when Marmalade got done for underage groupies and one of the band made the observation that when they were with them they were in full makeup, mini skirts etc. giving blow jobs to al and sundry and when it went to court they turned up in their school uniform! Not saying the band concerned is right but there is another side to this.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

But Glitter is a serious nonce case so regardless of whether this was minor , it's a great chance to lock him up and throw away the keys.

Agree 100%
    I suspect I'm going out on a limb here, but I disagree. I am both amazed and disappointed that he's out of gaol in Vietnam, but I don't want the British state locking people up on spec because of allegations as to what they've done abroad. Sure, if he's found guilty of offences here in relation to Savile or any other cases, he should face the stiffest penalties. I have no problems with that whatsoever, but I don't want to be in the position of calling for a state sponsored witch hunt because there's a "chance" to do so.
  • Options
    The paps were outside again this morning - but not as many this time.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled carefully for him from now on. Call me Shaw Taylor.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Addicted said:

Agree 100%
    I suspect I'm going out on a limb here, but I disagree. I am both amazed and disappointed that he's out of gaol in Vietnam, but I don't want the British state locking people up on spec because of allegations as to what they've done abroad. Sure, if he's found guilty of offences here in relation to Savile or any other cases, he should face the stiffest penalties. I have no problems with that whatsoever, but I don't want to be in the position of calling for a state sponsored witch hunt because there's a "chance" to do so.
    Thing is though its not as if they are baseless allegations, hes clearly a sick twisted man. I would usually agree with your sentiments on this but just feel that this crime is up there with, if not the worst, and just makes my blood boil. As far as I'm concerned amputation would be the way forward
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The paps were outside again this morning - but not as many this time.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled carefully for him from now on. Call me Shaw Taylor.

You are not the only private detective to walk these streets you know!

• Options
    cant believe where he lives now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely will have to move again.
  • Options

Hardly news is it? Gary Glitter implicated in child abuse! He would have been the first on the list to look into in my opinion as he has been proved to be a sexual predator of young girls, grooming them and setting up opportunites to abuse them pretty much what Saville is being accused of and I suspect plenty of others will be found out as well and good job too I say.

However there is a distinction between what these two pair of scroats were up to and bands taking adavantage of the girls that throw themselves at them when the opportunity arises. I worked around the music business a few years ago and the number of girls that literally chucked themselves at bands was mind boggling and I have to say it is quite believable that a number were not sixteen. I even heard them afterwards bragging about what they had done with the members of the band wearingit like a badge of honour. I know if you are suspicious you should ask what age the girl is but frankly all these girls would have easily passed for 18-19.

Not defending it but there are two sides to the story I recall when Marmalade got done for underage groupies and one of the band made the observation that when they were with them they were in full makeup, mini skirts etc. giving blow jobs to al and sundry and when it went to court they turned up in their school uniform! Not saying the band concerned is right but there is another side to this.

Who's this bloke Al getting the blowjob ?

• Options
    Addicted said:

Stig said:

Addicted said:

Agree 100%
    Thing is though its not as if they are baseless allegations, hes clearly a sick twisted man. I would usually agree with your sentiments on this but just feel that this crime is up there with, if not the worst, and just makes my blood boil. As far as I'm concerned amputation would be the way forward
    Amputation may or maynot be the way forward as a punishment however, what he has or hasn't done needs to be tested in a court of law not in the media or even on CL. The more heinous the crime the more we need to beware of knee jerk reactions that bring our system of justice into disrepute, either we all have justice or no one has justice, that is how it works.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Stig said:

Addicted said:

Agree 100%
    thank god people like you don't run the law system!
  • Options
    I think Glitter may have been rumbled :-)
  • Options

Who's this bloke Al getting the blowjob ?

He can be your long lost pal?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Deviating slightly (no pun intended!), I used to know a pro Bass player who was in Freddie Starr's tour backing band for a couple of seasons back in the 80s. He told some rather 'interesting' stories.. Nothing about underage stuff, but but some very dodgy things involving groupies (Freddie had many - usually good 'Would ya' candidates). Not sure if I could post them up here, for legal reasons - as much as I'd like to.. Let's just say "is what I'm doing legal" wasn't a point FS seemed to ponder long & hard on...

So if I have read you post correctly, none were underage and presumably consenting, if so what is the problem? Have I missed something here?
    Consent is the key word.. Similar (but not identical) to things footballers have been investigated for. I'd have to relate the full story for it to be understood. Just saying that if he was someone who came under police scrutiny for past events, it wouldn't surprise me at all.