Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Captain (RIP)

edited December 2012 in General Charlton
Not everyone's cup of tea I know but I saw him in a lot of painful distress at Ipswich only to learn that he too is in Lewisham hospital. Come what may he loves Charlton, wish him a speedy return to the fold

Comments

• Options
    Who?
  • Options
    Saw him at Blackpool, he was feeling poor, still went to the game.

As Latimer says he's not everyone's cup of tea, however he has Charlton in his heart. Here's to a speedy recover capt.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Who?

Not just me then no idea

• Options
    Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    Is captain on this site? Last time I saw him and spoke to him was Villa away. Get well Captain
  • Options
    Had my fair share of disagreements with capt but is a nice bloke and hope for a speedy recovery.

All the best captain, as said above proper Charlton
  • Options
    Top man is Captain - he did not look at all happy at Blackpool. One of many characters who I feel privileged to bump into at the captain. Get well soon.
  • Options
    Wondered where he'd been. Hope he's ok, bit of a nightmare at times, but his heart is in the right place.

Get well soon Captain.
  • Options
    Saw him outside cash convertors a month or so ago. Displeased to say the least. G w soon ol fella.
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but could some one explain to me who is captain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Captain who there talking about.
  • Options
    Some mad Charlton fan who can be seen at most if not all away fixtures
  • Options
    We know that's who YOU are, but what about captain?
  • Options
    Lol .... In years gone by !
  • Options
    Anyone know what's up with him? Like others say , not everyone's cup of tea but he's a loyal supporter nonetheless .
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Get well soon Cappo pal!
  • Options
    So this is not about Jacko?

Get well soon Captain, whoever you are
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Anyone know what's up with him? Like others say , not everyone's cup of tea but he's a loyal supporter nonetheless .

He was having tests, problems with his stomach I believe.
  • Options
    @Kap10, I did wonder for a while if you were said Cappo, but a couple of your posts confirmed to me that you weren't........
  • Options
    Sorry to here about Dave T. (Captain) who i've known since the 1970's. As some posters on here have said "not everyones cup of tea" but so what. Dave had'nt missed a home or away game including all pre-season friendlies, all games abroad etc for years except one when his boy was taken ill in a pub before the game at Orient some years ago. Dave, for all his faults is a true supporter. I was shocked when i read the headline this morning, and i will be making a few phone calls to find out how he is and arranging a visit.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Big_Rob No Kap is my real name, shortened from Kapil, known elsewhere online as Kappacino.
  • Options
    Morning. Got this text on Friday:
    "Found shadows on his stomach somewhere, having lung drained today".

He's a "fighter", he'll be okay.
  • Options
    Cheers for the update Paul. Was with him in Blackpool and he wasn't having a great day, the result and the pub beforehand which had Carry on Doctor on the telly, keeping his spirits up. All the best Cap.
  • Options
    Strangely enough, he watched 2 Carry On films in the hospital yesterday! Saw him last night, hopefully will get test results today and see what happens from there as to whether or not he needs op. Still has classic Cap sense of humour though "they gave me mashed potato, could have made an effing ping pong ball out of it!"
  • Options
    Did you go to see Cap...or to see if there were any Anita Harris lookalikes in nurse's uniforms????

;-)
  • Options
    Both!
  • Options
    Thought as much mate :)
  • Options
    Jeez MOG, don't encourage him!!! Was all we could do to drag him out of the Blackpool boozer and stop him drooling!!!

;-)