Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CP sees faith in Wilson rewarded at Wolves

Comments

• Options
    The Wilson boo boys on here must be gutted
  • Options
    Why would anyone be gutted about a couple of good performances ? Lets be totally frank, as a full back he's constantly caught out of position & when he does find himself up against a wide man he rarely seems able to get a tackle in. If wide midfield is his position & he makes it his own with good performances why would anyone critisise ? We now have returned to having a RB at RB a LB at LB & a wide MF as a wide MF, we have balance & look a more solid unit, happy days!
  • Options

Why would anyone be gutted about a couple of good performances ? Lets be totally frank, as a full back he's constantly caught out of position & when he does find himself up against a wide man he rarely seems able to get a tackle in. If wide midfield is his position & he makes it his own with good performances why would anyone critisise ? We now have returned to having a RB at RB a LB at LB & a wide MF as a wide MF, we have balance & look a more solid unit, happy days!

What a load of nonsense .
  • Options
    News Hopper, you forgot to add that he had opted to play badly in his first few games.
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Really glad Lawrie's doing well. I still remember how disappointed I was when we released him as a youngster so seeing him work his way back up to playing for us is brilliant
  • Options
    Just say Solly and Lawrie
  • Options
    Wilson's really starting to grow on me as it goes. Very decent going forward.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

News Hopper, you forgot to add that he had opted to play badly in his first few games.
    ;o)

Lol he may well have done. I like Wilson, he isn't afraid to get forward as cafctom rightly says and put in a decent cross, even when he was playing at full-back.

• Options
    Wilson impresses every game he plays, though when the "Winger" Dale Stephens returns he will do well to keep his place.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Wilson impresses every game he plays, though when the "Winger" Dale Stephens returns he will do well to keep his place.

he will do!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stephens is a luxury player. A luxury we can't currently afford.
  • Options
    Wilson is a good player, anyone who actually bothered to watch him when we played Stevenage could see that. He is a much better RM thn he is RB but he got unfair criticism whilst filling in there. Should now make RM position his own because Green and Waggy both blow hot and cold whilst he is much more consistent.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Stephens is a luxury player. A luxury we can't currently afford.

I don't think shirty5 was being serious
  • Options
    I like Wilson and was pleased when we signed him. Seriously pissed me off how much unwarranted stick he's had from some of our fans. Too many of our supporters are just looking for scapegoats.
    Im sure CP took so long in giving Evina a start as he was scared some of our supporters would just lay into him if anything went wrong.
  • Options
    My wife likes Wilson... i think its his hair.... i might get a perm :-0
  • Options

Wilson is a good player, anyone who actually bothered to watch him when we played Stevenage could see that. He is a much better RM thn he is RB but he got unfair criticism whilst filling in there. Should now make RM position his own because Green and Waggy both blow hot and cold whilst he is much more consistent.

Well said, he was excellent for Stevenage he may have worn 2 on his back but he was a more than adept midfielder for them
  • Options

I agree. I would much rather have a player who is a consistent 6-7/10 than one who can be 8/10 one match and 4/10 the next.*

*These are only example stats before any pedantic bastards stat-happy fans get carried away!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    As a right back Wilson is adequate at best, as a right sided midfielder he is quite a revelation. Powell did a good bit of business in signing him
  • Options
    To save face, let's all agree he's a better winger than a full-back! He had a very poor debut against the O's in a Cup competition our team wasn't up for. He then improved over the next few games, for which he was lambasted by many and then played pretty well in both right and left back berths. He might be better on the right wing but gve the guy credit, it doesn't make him a poor full-back. He's been a very good free signing.
  • Options
    £400k rumoured to be the fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    £550 K i was told. Could turn out to be a steal .
  • Options
    Plenty of heart and good engine.pretty quick and oooooooohhhhh that hair!!!
  • Options
    Reminds me of Stephen Hunt.
  • Options
    Wilson for England
  • Options
    I haven't got any issues with Wilson as a right back - I wouldn't say he has been particularly culpable for goals we have conceeded compared to other defenders. He is an attack minded player so of cours eis going to get caught out more regularly than a defensive minded one, but he will also make more happen at the other end. Of course RM is more his position but if the time came when we needed him to play RB again - a bad game or two from Evina could be an example - I wouldn't have any issues with it.

Quite simply he is a terrific signing and another to add to Sir Chris's long list.
  • Options
    Best player I've seen in a long time to be honest wont be with us long