Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    "And Charlton should have won it in the 90th minute when Chris Solly’s cross picked out Hulse, who somehow opted to head wide with the goal at his mercy."

Oh please, what a wank sentence. "Opted to head wide". Joke.
  • Options
    Bit of sarcasm there I think
  • Options
    Rob said:

Bit of sarcasm there I think

That's all we need, the poxy News Hopper taking the piss.
  • Options
    Opted to head wide when it would have been easier to hit the target, certainly not any piss taking on my part.
  • Options
    I always though the word opted is another word for chosen. If that's correct, did he really choose to head wide?!
    Opted to head for goal rather than head to a team mate I could understand.
  • Options

Opted to head wide when it would have been easier to hit the target, certainly not any piss taking on my part.

Just a very poor use of English then.

• Options
    Off_it said:

Seems that way, but they are a local rag that supports us, so I am willing to cut them some slack.

• Options
    Thought it a good report myself.
  • Options

I always though the word opted is another word for chosen. If that's correct, did he really choose to head wide?!
    Opted to head for goal rather than head to a team mate I could understand.

Well he did opt to head wide, not intentionally I accept but that was the choice/option he made.

• Options
    The option he made was to score......... and he should of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are right about that, he should have scored
  • Options
    How can you opt to do something unintentionally, News Shopper ?

Surely he opted to go for goal but missed.

Sorry if I'm being dense or pedantic but given you're a journalist, I'd expect better.
  • Options
    Glad it's not just me alan dugdale!

• Options
    Should have won, once more. Need some luck or to actually put away the chances we create. 2 games this week that everyone will be happy with 2 points from when in reality it should have been six. Need to win the next two at home, even if the performance is shite.
  • Options

How can you opt to do something unintentionally, News Shopper ?

Surely he opted to go for goal but missed.

Sorry if I'm being dense or pedantic but given you're a journalist, I'd expect better.

Alan if you feel so strongly about this you can always opt to write a letter to the News Shopper about it!

• Options
    The (serious) point is NS is that if you're a journalist you should be taking words and their proper use/meaning seriously.The sentence doesn't really make sense - unless the intention was to be sarcastic (and I accept you saying that wasn't your intention). So if someone points that out to you then as a professional wordsmith you really need to be taking that on board - not making sarcastic remarks to alan dugdale.

Just the opinion I have opted to form, of course.
  • Options
    I think my last post was the sarcastic one
  • Options
    Point made, leave the fella alone.
    Is it really necessary to nit pick?
    You may well be right...in fact you are, but it's all a bit anal.
  • Options
    The thing about anal is, it's always better to give than receive!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Wasn't my intention to be anal and don't think I have been.
    The sentence didn't make sense and nor did News Shoppers follow up comments.
    Anyway, Arry Addick, youre right on 2 counts. Point has been made and I was right, though on this forum even when you're acknowledged as being right, you're still slagged off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Off_it said:

Seems that way, but they are a local rag that supports us, so I am willing to cut them some slack.

The News Shopper has never been supportive of us.
  • Options
    Oh and NS - cheers for the sarcasm and the offer but I won't waste my time writing in to your publication.
  • Options
    Don't think you're being slagged off AD....certainly not intended if you mean me.
    Off-it ......deleted my opinion, dare upset him!
  • Options
    I'm a lovely fella Arry.
    :o)
  • Options
    No you're not.
  • Options
    aw, come on - gissa kiss. x
  • Options

Is this referring to the match report? ;)
  • Options

Is this referring to the match report? ;)
    ha no

• Options
    edited October 2012
    JohnnyH2 said:

The News Shopper has never been supportive of us.

Think you've got that wrong JohnnyH2

• Options

Wasn't my intention to be anal and don't think I have been.
    The sentence didn't make sense and nor did News Shoppers follow up comments.
    Anyway, Arry Addick, youre right on 2 counts. Point has been made and I was right, though on this forum even when you're acknowledged as being right, you're still slagged off.

Alan I wasn't slagging you off, just a bit of banter.