Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chas n Dave

2»

Comments

• Saw their Christmas show at the Indigo2 last year. Can honestly say it's 1 of the most enjoyable gigs I have ever been to. Just bought tickets to see them at the Orchard in April too!!
  • red_murph said:

Sco said:

red_murph said:

BTW Chas is playing the Pelton Arms very soon. Can't remember exactly when though I'm afraid.

It was last night. Great fun...although this morning beers and sideboards are much less appealing. Ouchy.

Good little boozer is the Pelton.

Cracking pub Sco, my favourite in London. I'd imagine it must have been rammed for Chas? I saw a Ska band in there on Saturday, never seen it so busy.
    Busy but I think to their credit they kept ticket numbers to within reason.

The couple that run that place seem to know about pubs and people - could be a good model for some other places to follow.
  • Anyone know when they're on in the Pelton?
  • Plaaayer said:

Anyone know when they're on in the Pelton?

Last night.
  • Greenie said:

Must be on my own here, saw them a few years back at Dartford,8 of us walked out after 10 minutes absoloute rubbish.

Yes you and the other 7 are on your own, Chas and Dave are superb live. But like all music acts if you dont like their music it dont matter how good they are.
    Well put!
  • Got tickets for the gig at the Orchard April 18th this morning.

Not that many left if anyone's thinking of going.
  • For all you fans, Chas & Dave are on at The Indigo 02 Greenwich, May 18th.
  • Another final gig?
  • Going to see the in Derby next Wednesday.
  • Chas & Dave have a link to CAFC - their manager/promoter is Paul Shed www.celebtime.co.uk who attends every home match at The Valley as a guest of one of the Club's West Stand Executive Box holders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Snapped them at the proms in the park a few years ago.....
  • Much better musicians they have ever been given credit for somebody mentioned Heads, Hands and Feet I have a DVD of The Old Grey Whistle Test with this band on it. Chas was actually playing bass.
  • Much better musicians they have ever been given credit for somebody mentioned Heads, Hands and Feet I have a DVD of The Old Grey Whistle Test with this band on it. Chas was actually playing bass.

Chas started out as bass player for Jerry Lee Lewis.
  • until I saw their programme on BBC4 recently I , like many others, thought they were jus a pub band from the 80's that got lucky with a couple of catchy cockney tunes.............

how wrong I was. been around for years and Chas seemed to have played with everyone in the business. Top band.

btw - same goes for Slade. always thought they were a 1 song group until I saw their prog on BBC4........some great tunes and must get their greatest hits album.
  • edited March 2013

btw - same goes for Slade. always thought they were a 1 song group until I saw their prog on BBC4........some great tunes and must get their greatest hits album.

How old are you Golfie? I thought you were around my age. Can't believe you thought Slade were one hit wonders!

You're too young to be so miserable......... ;-)
  • Stig said:

Much better musicians they have ever been given credit for somebody mentioned Heads, Hands and Feet I have a DVD of The Old Grey Whistle Test with this band on it. Chas was actually playing bass.

Chas started out as bass player for Jerry Lee Lewis.
    Among others Stig, Ralph Little even played him in the film Telstar. Him, Dave Peacock and Mickey Burt were very much the musicians musicians for fifteen odd years before they started to make a name for themselves.
  • They are releasing a rabbit shaped vinyl for Record store day next month
  • Went to see them in Worthing a couple of weeks ago. Said on the venues site "Doors open 7:30" so we strolled along a bit later, getting there at 8:05 to find them already playing and one song away from the interval. Second half of the show was good though, but did seem strange coming out of a gig at 9:30pm. Still, I suppose they (and most of the audience) were ready for their ovaltine..............
  • There ain't no pleasing you
  • s'all a load a rabbit
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else going to see them in Dartford tonight?
  • Tony Parkes is (Chris' son)...
  • Anyone else going to see them in Dartford tonight?

Me!!!!

• No. Cos I ain't gonna be made to look a fool no more. They've done it once too often, what do you take me for?
  • There ain't no pleasing you!
  • No I have got my beer on the sideboard here
  • No I have got my beer on the sideboard here

You've got more rabbit than Sainsburys
  • Fantastic night from start to finish.