Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "Quote" button..

Comments

• Options
    'Quote'

'Lets start a campaign to bring back the quote button.'

I agree.
  • Options
    See what happens when the Covered End sing horrible songs about the quote button's wife. Happy now?
  • Options
    To be replaced by the David Button ?
  • Options
    The quote button is in talks with the apostrophe key about setting up an 'above text punctuation only union'

Commas, full stops and semi-colons are bemused.
  • Options
    Feel for you oggy, you're only just getting to grips with decimal currency and this happens!
  • Options
    I know DM, we've still got clockwork internet down here.
  • Options
    In a shock move today it has been announced that the quote button will stand as an independent in the next election.

The announcement made on the popular fan's forum Charlton Life, made it clear that the quote has become disillusioned with the uses to which it has been put and sees its walkout from the site as the first step in a campaign to return to "...old fashioned grammar values...".

The quote went on to say,

"... for too long now abuse and misuse of me and my kind has been tolerated either through ignorance or sheer apathy. It must stop and I intend to see the status quo restored as quickly as possible...".

Under the new rules, as set out in the manifesto it will be an offence to signify quotes in conversation by use of the fingers and the erroneous use of inverted commas will be outlawed.

" Tough on poor grammar, tough on the causes of poor grammar", is the rallying cry and it went on to conclude,

"... I am determined to stamp out the casual abuse of not only myself but of all punctuation. It is my belief that there has been a systematic cover up of this abuse by the media over many years - look at the tabloid headlines - for example. We are not a single issue party, as for the poor old apostrophe, don't get me started."

• Options
    banter
  • Options
    I was only asking.......
  • Options
    excellent stuff jwaddick :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big_Rob. Is it true you ate the quote button after saying

'if charlton get anything up at Leeds I'll eat my van and the quote button'
  • Options
    RIP Q button.
  • Options
    Jayajosh Member
    1:08PM
    RIP Q button.
    Test
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    You don't know what ya got till it's gone.....

Gonna fuckin miss you quote button!
  • Options
    Start a campaign if you like - but I'm not wearing the t-shirt.
  • Options
    Hold on. Have you ate the facecrack and shitter buttons now Big_Rob
  • Options
    Burp......
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the news about the quote button

I mean its been
    Varney,Kav,Airman and Wendy. Now this and there wasn't even any notice given. Time for a change I think.
  • Options
    This thread is one of the things I love about this place. You're all bonkers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The quote button has gone for the manager's job interview at Selhurst - the Ultras want the Spanish upside down exclamation mark though ¡ - they can then continue to make believe at being from somewhere cool & exotic rather than New Addington¡¡¡
  • Options
    So does the Rooney rule mean we've now got to consider at least one semi colon as a replacement? What a joke, never going to be up to the job.
  • Options
    IT'S BACK! Woo Hoo!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

IT'S BACK! Woo Hoo!

well spotted, weren't there 5 min ago!

• Options
    We've missed you man.

Let's never fight again.
  • Options
    Relief.
  • Options
    BREAKING NEWS - Leon Clarke frustrated at Quote button getting second opportunity
  • Options
    probably just back to pick up it's stuff
  • Options
    He's only back to sit on the bench, this management team doesn't know how to utilise him to his full potential, I reckon a deal with a top 5 forum has been done and he'll be off in the summer.
    At least when he makes the international boards we'll get some money (If the admin have got enough savvy to include add ons!)
  • Options
    Are the Facebook and Twitter buttons worth recalling? They are doing very well down on the Carlisle forum, maybe they could do a job?