Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

British Pop Films Project, Book Publisher Sought?

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Hi All.

Am Interested to find out if anyone on here knows of a publishing house or who might be working in publishing that might be interested in the Following!

British Pop Film Project.
A Film by Film Guide to 100+ Films That were Released in the U.K. 1966-1972 that featured Pop Stars/Rock bands/had highly rated Soundtracks and/or notable title themes etc.

Appendices with listings of major tv productions that dont quiet make it into the "film" cat and short films of the same type also released during that period.

This is near completion.

If anyone would be able to offer and advice on how to find an interested party or you are ITK then please let me know.

Ta.

Comments

• Sounds interesting.

Clive R and Ian Wallis have both published books recently so maybe they can help.

Or Ackworth : - )
  • Or Ackworth : - )

Dam beat me to it

• Airman Brown has been involved in successfully publishing several books in the past.
  • Badger...sounds like the sort of thing that Genesis Publishing do. I got the Paul Weller book a few years ago when released. They make pretty bespoke editions though, so not sure they would be appropriate if you were looking at a mass market edition. Might be worth a chat with them though and they may point you in another direction.

http://www.genesis-publications.com/
  • I mean, I love Weller but, man alive, £200 for a book about him.
  • It was a bit more than that hawks, but I know what you mean. Limited to 350 copies worldwide and comes up now and again on collector sites for several times more. I'm difficult to buy for and music is my passion (after Charlton) with Weller a constant throughout his career...it's a very special gift.

Have to say that it is a fantastic piece of work. Every detail to the highest standard and just a great read and fascinating insight.
  • Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have that book as I'm a huge Weller fan. The closest I've got is a signed copy of Suburban 100.
  • £100 on eBay for that already!! :)
  • Blimey. Really? I wouldn't sell it though. I've had Starlite on repeat for days now. It won't be remembered as a classic Weller song, but I love it to bits.
  • I'm the same with the book and with Starlite mate...have all the versions of it and feel the same. A bit like "It didn't matter"...was a different feel to that and I loved it from the off...know what to play on way home now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved The Style Council. Two of my favourite TSC tracks don't seem to be rated very much: The Cost of Loving (album version) and Confessions 1 2 & 3. But then I also really like Heavy Soul! And talking of TSC and Weller-themed books, have you got Ian Munn's book? (Sorry for hijacking this thread, by the way.)
  • hawksmoor said:

Loved The Style Council. Two of my favourite TSC tracks don't seem to be rated very much: The Cost of Loving (album version) and Confessions 1 2 & 3. But then I also really like Heavy Soul! And talking of TSC and Weller-themed books, have you got Ian Munn's book? (Sorry for hijacking this thread, by the way.)

Great tracks. Had all the albums/singles/White Labels and then got them again with the Complete Adventures. Never had Munn's book, but see from Weller's site that an updated version was released in hardback earlier this month. Will pick a copy up.

Apologies also for hijacking Badger...let us know how you get on.
  • Thanks. will drop a line to Omnibus and Genesis publications.