Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Up and coming manager, doing a brilliant job at Palace.

They've been down this route before though with Coyle to steal a promising manager and it hasn't done them any good in the long run.
  • Options

They've been down this route before though with Coyle to steal a promising manager and it hasn't done them any good in the long run.

But then that's how most managerial appointments are made (Man U stole Fergie, Everton stole Moyes etc), otherwise you'd be restricted to appointing sacked and unemployed managers, or promoting from within (e.g. Pardew replaced by Phil Parkinson...)
  • Options
    Any chance they'll go in for SCP?? and If they offered decent money would TJ accept?
  • Options

But then that's how most managerial appointments are made (Man U stole Fergie, Everton stole Moyes etc), otherwise you'd be restricted to appointing sacked and unemployed managers, or promoting from within (e.g. Pardew replaced by Phil Parkinson...)
    Very true, we did it with Dowie to an extent.
  • Options
    Does anyone think this will happen?
  • Options
    palace have refused the approach
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Any chance they'll go in for SCP?? and If they offered decent money would TJ accept?

1 - I hope not
    2 - In a heartbeat
  • Options

palace have refused the approach

But i'd expect Bolton to come back in sooner or later with an improved offer and compensation
  • Options
    One good run of games does not make freedman a good manager , would be a poor appointment
  • Options
    Mike said:

One good run of games does not make freedman a good manager , would be a poor appointment

Thats my feeling, once Zaha goes (which he will) expect a slump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's nothing without Lennie behind him
  • Options
    Hope it happens just so he take's Lennie with him and we don't have to see him working for Palace anymore.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

If CP went now, I reckon he would be a Freed man.
  • Options
    Mike said:

With a limited budget, he's kept them comfortably up the last 2 seasons, and comes across well also. I guess Bolton think he'd be more amenable to the switch than the other Championship level managers.
  • Options

Mike said:

With a limited budget, he's kept them comfortably up the last 2 seasons, and comes across well also. I guess Bolton think he'd be more amenable to the switch than the other Championship level managers.
    Freedman to Bolton and Powell back to his Palace roots?

JOKING (I hope!!!!!)
  • Options
    and we get lennie back.
  • Options
    Funny old game football 6 weeks ago Palace fans were calling for his head
  • Options
    NEWS UPDATE: Permission has now been given to Bolton Wanderers to speak to Dougie Freedman about their managerial post. http://bit.ly/Tb3zAv
  • Options
    Can only assume that Freedman has said he wants to talk to them then. Got to be destabilising (we can hope!), even if he stays it could effect their current run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smart by Freedman get the big paycheck before he loses Zaha and people realise who is really lifting Palace to there lofty current postion.
  • Options
    Getting out whilst his name is hot, dowie back to palace to be the saviour? ;)
  • Options
    Hopefully it'll be the start of Palaces plummet down the league, add on the selling of Zaha in January.
  • Options
    Be good news for palace in my book get a big compo fee and have a pick at a huge array of managers that are as good or better than him
  • Options
    It is a useful reminder though, that just a few weeks ago the black -clad ones were calling for his head. We should remember that when a couple of weeks hence, similar noises start to be heard re CP.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The day people start calling for CP head when we are in a postion we are currently and after last season, is the day i really start to lose my passion for this club and football in general, club legend and all round nice guy, we our so lucky right now in terms of management team.

Football fans of all clubs need to get over this "we need everything now" attitude.
  • Options
    The Bolton fans don't seem too impressed and it will be more pressure/expectation at the Reebok.
  • Options
    I think Palace have only given him permission to speak to Bolton because they are confident he won't accept. I can't see why he would leave for Bolton (other than that Palace are scum).
  • Options

I think Palace have only given him permission to speak to Bolton because they are confident he won't accept. I can't see why he would leave for Bolton (other than that Palace are scum).

They rejected the initial approach but came back later and accepted it, to me that looks like Freedman wants to hear what Bolton have to offer

• Options

The Bolton fans don't seem too impressed and it will be more pressure/expectation at the Reebok.

Spot on