Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your thoughts...

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Thoughts and opinions on this man? Tim Westwood.

Comments

• Options
    He's a prick
  • Options

He's a prick

But he is a gangsta?
  • Options
    Is there some reason why I should know who he is?
  • Options
    He's funny. I mean don't take him too seriously, he clearly doesn't. A lot of the personality is obviously an act.
  • Options
    He is a well renowned Reggae dj, He recently did a month of Sundays on radio 6 to promote Reggae/black History, has been around a long time, Some people love him some hate him, His persona doesn't suit everyone but he does know his TUNES.

Gets exclusive Dub Plates for playing out.

I don't have to like him but he does play some great stuff.
  • Options
    Years ago a very good DJ and introduced a lot of hip hop to the UK. Then he got a bit of fame, became a tit, the whole big dog thing grated a bit. Then as everyone made a joke of him he sort of went with it, so fair play and can find he quite funny sometimes. His appearance on Buzzcocks was pretty good. Still makes me laugh that he is in his fifties.
  • Options
    Complete knob who seems to have forgotten he is white and from a rich background.
  • Options
    Bill Westwood, was the Anglican Bishop of Peterborough until 1996, makes me wonder why you act like you do. Your 55 grow up @TimWestwood
  • Options
    TWAT
  • Options
    SE10 said:

Complete knob who seems to have forgotten he is white and from a rich background.

He's a complete knob for trying to be something he isn't/wasn't. He should have kept away from all the hip hop stuff and just concentrated on being a dj who played great reggae stuff.
    He Didn't really need to embrace that Genre of music but i know what your saying and in that respect you have a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    but would ya?
  • Options
    55 year old disc jockey who should know better and learn from past experiences.
  • Options
    Never played a decent record in his life, but he does not take himself too seriously from what I have seen of him on programmes like "Buzzcocks". Fifteen years ago I would have said "Cock", but I have mellowed with age. I think I could have a couple of beers with him.
  • Options
    Yeah, seems a bit of a laugh to me. Don't really get all the hate aimed at him, he's totally harmless.
  • Options

Yeah, seems a bit of a laugh to me. Don't really get all the hate aimed at him, he's totally harmless.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Do not like his taste in music, not exactly sure what he is saying most of the time but I think he is great. He really cracks me up
  • Options
    A lot of rich white people act like poor white people! I don't know if it's an act or not but it's a very annoying personality. He does get away with it though due to what he's done for that scene.
  • Options
    I'm in the 'he's a knob, but a harmless one who can be amusing in small doses' camp.

Like Algarve, I've mellowed.
  • Options
    Knob
  • Options
    From what I saw of him on Celebrity Juice last night - Helmet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A lot of rich white people act like poor white people! I don't know if it's an act or not but it's a very annoying personality. He does get away with it though due to what he's done for that scene.

Not sure how he is trying to act like a poor white person
  • Options
    how does/should a poor white person or a rich white person act ??
  • Options
    Get orf my lawn you pleb!

(That's how rich white people act I think).
  • Options
    he's an absolute bell end of the highest order.

when he meets snoop dog or someone else that does that rapping shit, they must think who on earth is this dick? #cringe
  • Options
    Dont actually think he's that bad, used to find him massively irritating but he clearly knows the genre, whether you like that style of music or not.

There's worse people out there who deserve the hate far more
  • Options
    He has made a lot of money out of behaving like a complete bell-end.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Certainly helps put the C into rap.
  • Options
    He used to be a bit over the top, but dont see why he is being castigated for being into rap music. Thought he was quite well respected for what he has done over here by the American artists of that genre.
  • Options
    hes a funny man, really like him have no idea why people hate him so much, he cracks me up
  • Options
    In terms of what he's done to bring hip hop and r'n'b from the USA to the UK an expose the UK talent he is a brilliant man. I love his radio shows and his live DJ sets.

In terms of him being a well brought up 55 year old white man who dresses like he is a 20 year old and talks like he is from the hood, he is a knob.