Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

American President election 2012

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Who do you think will get the vote? Mitt Romney, or Barack Obama to carry on?

I watched the 2nd live debate tuesday night in which Obama came out stronger.

I think most Americans will seek change and vote in Romney.

Comments

• I thought they both came out of it well....I was surprised how I warmed to Romney, thought I was going to dislike him instantly.

I didn't like how Obama completely side-stepped the gun question.

Its gonna be a close run thing.
  • Dave2l said:

Who do you think will get the vote? Mitt Romney, or Barack Obama to carry on?

I watched the 2nd live debate tuesday night in which Obama came out stronger.

I think most Americans will seek change and vote in Romney.

I disagree Dave, a lot of 'undecided voters' find Romney slimey and untrustworthy. I think Obama will shade it and get a second and final term in office.

• I hope Obama gets it - makes it a little less likely that we end up at war with Iran...
  • I'm never surprised at just how stupid the American Electorate is so I will not be amazed if that Mormon Romney gets in.
  • Yes I hope Obama stays in.

I follow Donald Trump on twitter who appears to absolutely loath Obama to the point where its odd.
  • Dave2l said:

Yes I hope Obama stays in.

I follow Donald Trump on twitter who appears to absolutely loath Obama to the point where its odd.

Tax I would imagine, Republicans are even more tax friendly than the Tories

• How a guy who thinks the word is 6000 years old can be a front runner for the position of the most powerful man in the world boggles my mind.

Americans! Am I right?
  • Depends what word it is!
  • Americans and...........Addicted :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think its rare for the incumbent to lose, so Obama for that reason alone. I don't like either of them tbh, so glad I don't get to vote. The choice is so much better here...
  • Addicted said:

How a guy who thinks the word is 6000 years old can be a front runner for the position of the most powerful man in the world boggles my mind.

As far as I'm concerned no Mormon should ever be allowed to run for office as they are clearly far too gullible to be given any sort of responsibility. The thought of one of them in the Oval Office makes my blood run cold.

• McBobbin said:

I think its rare for the incumbent to lose, so Obama for that reason alone. I don't like either of them tbh, so glad I don't get to vote. The choice is so much better here...

Thanks for that laugh out loud moment!
  • Saga Lout said:

McBobbin said:

I think its rare for the incumbent to lose, so Obama for that reason alone. I don't like either of them tbh, so glad I don't get to vote. The choice is so much better here...

Thanks for that laugh out loud moment!
    Glad to help. Sometimes hysteria blocks out the crushing misery of it all
  • Romney is a brain dead fruit cake . Just the sort of person the American public vote for .
    I hope for everyone's sake Obama gets a second term.
  • Republicans can definitely pick em!

Just to add to his gaffs, he asked the question why windows on planes don't open when there was afire on his wife's plane. Plenty of people decided to let Mr Romney know the precise reasons only for his campaign team to turn around and say it was a joke.

Ah that old one! Make a stupid comment, everyone pulls you up on it and of course you were only joking!
  • Romney appears to have the brains of a duck, so Obama by default.
  • Well , the US leads efforts to protect freedom and democracy on our planet? Right? So here we have two candidates ( Romney and Obama) running for president and debating issues live on tv. So wouldn't it be democratic and free to invite all candidates who can technically become president. We have also got Gary Johnson running , who is on the ballot in 48 of the 50 states, and Jill Stein who is on 39 state ballots. Isn't it right ,in a country thats supposedly free and liberated and democratic, that the nation should get to listen to all the candidates views? Its so democratic and free that Jill Stein and her running mate ,Cheri Honkala, were arrested when they turned up at the debate! Thats right, a presidential candidate was arrested for turning up at a debate she wasn't invited to. So why wasn't she invited? The debates are run by a non-profit organisation called the Commision for Presidential Debates. This was set up in 1987 by Republicans and Democrats, so dont expect anyone else to be invited...Its one dog with two heads.hahahaha. Its all staged. Doesnt matter which puppet wins. Sit back and enjoy the show.!!
  • edited October 2012
    Mitt Romney , Inspirational Quotes:
    Why can't we have windows that open on planes, what if there is a fire people will die ?
    Keep America American ( same slogan used by the KKK )
    And finally my favourite...
    " when I was a kid I always thought it would be great to be rich and famous, boy I was right ! "

And this is the man that will be providing America with a ' brighter' future...
  • Addicted said:

How a guy who thinks the word is 6000 years old can be a front runner for the position of the most powerful man in the world boggles my mind.

Americans! Am I right?

So basically saying anyone with a religous belief then?

• Sponsored links:

• Anyone who wants Romney to win should take long look at themselves then jump off a cliff
  • MrOneLung said:

Addicted said:

Americans! Am I right?

So basically saying anyone with a religous belief then?

Not exactly. Millions of Christians, for instance, don't believe in the Old Testament chapter & verse. In fact, probably about 98% of Christians don't.

• Personally, i think Romney would be a disaster. but then again, that never stopped Americans voting for Bush (twice), so it'll probably be Romney.
  • Remember staying up all night during the election of 2000, waiting for the result (we lived in New Jersey at the time)....a very long night.
  • As an American who happens to teach about Political Science, I can confidently say the U.S. election is going to be decided in a few key (swing) states (ie. Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, Virginia, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Missouri). Polls show that voters in the battleground states narrowly favored Obama, by a 48-to-46 percent margin. Other surveys generally show the president holding slight leads over Romney in all but two of the battleground states - Missouri and North Carolina. Obama has moved marginally ahead in several national surveys as well, or, at worst, is tied with Romney.

With the election being waged in the battleground states, the candidates have barely visit some of the country’s most populous states - New York, California, Illinois and Texas - and then just long enough to tap the pockets of some of their wealthiest supporters for campaign donations. The reason is simple: Voter surveys show that Obama is handily ahead in liberal-oriented New York, California and his home state of Illinois, while Romney is expected to easily carry the conservative southern state of Texas.

The U.S. - unlike many democracies throughout the world -- does not elect its leader through a direct popular vote. The popular vote winner in each state collects all of the electoral votes from that state. The national popular vote does not determine the winner, the candidate with the most number of electoral votes wins.

I hope this helps.
  • Be prepared for Reagan Mark II.

Unbelievable that such a bigotted, simple, religious fruitcake could become 'the leader of the free world' even makes me want to vote for a single European Federation.

Let's hope he starts a 'special relationship' with someone else - the French would be good.

God help the decent, honest and reasonable people of Iran and North Korea if he gets in.
  • If Romney gets in I worry that the Mayan calendar wouldn't be far wrong. Him and his political ilk scare the life out of me and wouldn't want their digits anywhere near the button.
  • Romney wins us will to war with Iran.
  • 1783- Treaty of Paris.

All that meant was the we could keep our slaves and still use the Mississippi unmolested. Did we ever ratify it?

If not, your ours Romney.......