Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Stones at the O2

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Just been on to pre-book tickets - £375 each ....cough...cough......so didnt bother!

Feck me, I've been on cheaper holidays!

'its only rock n roll' - Bollox!

Comments

• Options
    I guess it is a consequence of illegal downloading. Though the Stones are not hard up for a few bob, so it is a p take.
  • Options
    Beware of the add ons, Watch Dog were reporting last night Ticketmaster were adding a booking fee of approx £11.00 per ticket for the cheap seats and approx £32.00 per ticket for the expensive seats.
  • Options

Beware of the add ons, Watch Dog were reporting last night Ticketmaster were adding a booking fee of approx £11.00 per ticket for the cheap seats and approx £32.00 per ticket for the expensive seats.

What I don't get is why the difference in the booking fee for different price tickets, it's the same process. Ticketmaster taking the piss. Many moons ago I booked tickets for a kids show, Ticketmaster cancelled the show and the money was refunded minus the booking fee, had to email them to get it back. I wonder how many people had to do the same?
  • Options
    I went to see them at the o2 the last time they toured. Got the cheapest seats at £100 each. Probably not worth it but I did manage to blag vip passes through a mate, free food and drink all night and got to meet a few celebs. Overall that was probably worth a ton.
  • Options

What I don't get is why the difference in the booking fee for different price tickets, it's the same process. Ticketmaster taking the piss. Many moons ago I booked tickets for a kids show, Ticketmaster cancelled the show and the money was refunded minus the booking fee, had to email them to get it back. I wonder how many people had to do the same?
    That is pretty much what watch Dog was saying, the booking fee is a rip off and just a way of adding to the price.
  • Options
    I have never seen the Stones live and at those prices I never will!
  • Options
    It is a bit much considering most gigs at the O2 are somewhere between £30-£50.

I saw Metallica there for a fiver once, who are probably ten times better live as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    cafctom said:

I saw Metallica there for a fiver once, who are probably ten times better live as well.

They were twenty years ago Tom. Not so much now.
  • Options
    I've seen the stones a few times. Basically the same each time. No one wants the new(ish) songs so its the same songs each time more or less.
    The aint getting my money this time round.
  • Options
    Terry Naylor will come up trumps!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

Not sure if you've seen them in recent years, but I'd have them up there with the very best considering they are touching their fifties now. If you forget how good they were before, their current ability holds up extremely well on its own.
  • Options

That is pretty much what watch Dog was saying, the booking fee is a rip off and just a way of adding to the price.
    Surely it's just how the booking companies operate and how they make their money. It's all relative really, you are talking about a £10 fee on a £100 ticket, so 10%. If a ticket for something else was £20 and they charged £2.5 you probably wouldn't moan so much yet they would be taking a bigger percentage.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Not sure if you've seen them in recent years, but I'd have them up there with the very best considering they are touching their fifties now. If you forget how good they were before, their current ability holds up extremely well on its own.
    I bet they wished they were just touching fifty! .. Jagger RIchards and Wood are all in their late to mid sixties and Watts was 70 this year
  • Options
    though he was referring to Metallica to be honest...
  • Options
    Its a pensioners night out, but they are the only pensioners who can afford those prices!
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

I bet they wished they were just touching fifty! .. Jagger RIchards and Wood are all in their late to mid sixties and Watts was 70 this year
    Wasn't referring to the Stones, Lincsaddick ;)

Impressive thought that they are still going at that age to be fair.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Surely it's just how the booking companies operate and how they make their money. It's all relative really, you are talking about a £10 fee on a £100 ticket, so 10%. If a ticket for something else was £20 and they charged £2.5 you probably wouldn't moan so much yet they would be taking a bigger percentage.
    That was not the impression I got, the booking fee is what is says, a fee to book the tickets on your debit/credit card.

I was under the impression that a fee was built into the ticket price which is then passed to the companies that distribute them on behalf of The Stones and this is not the booking fee.
  • Options
    The Stones? Gotta admire Fred and Barney, still going after all these years.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Wasn't referring to the Stones, Lincsaddick ;)

Impressive thought that they are still going at that age to be fair.
    Ah sorry Tom , I misread, you were referring to Metallica .. how many of today's bands will still be able to demand £300+ a ticket (or the equivalent of) when they are well past pensionable age ?
  • Options
    No booking fee if booked directly at The O2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

That was not the impression I got, the booking fee is what is says, a fee to book the tickets on your debit/credit card.

I was under the impression that a fee was built into the ticket price which is then passed to the companies that distribute them on behalf of The Stones and this is not the booking fee.
    I could be wrong but I always thought the promoter set the ticket prices, then these are passed on to the ticket agencies to sell. The ticket agencies then add their own fee, "the booking fee" which is what they use to generate profit.

It is why if you book tickets through different companies the face value is the same but the booking fees are different because each agency sets their own fee.

Again that was only what I believe to be the case. I'm happy, if someone has first hand knowledge of the industry, to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    Saw The Stones With The J. Geils band & Black Uhuru at Wembley Football Staium, got Given a ticket for free from someone who couldn't go.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Saw The Stones With The J. Geils band & Black Uhuru at Wembley Football Staium, got Given a ticket for free from someone who couldn't go.

Did your blood turn cold?
  • Options
    Seen The Stones loads of times and was at Hyde Park in 1969 but refuse to pay these prices especially as the rumour is that Keith Richard will have to mime as he can no longer remember sogs all the way through. Apparently they are transfixed on having the highest grossing tour a record currently held by U2. Frankly the last time I saw them all they played was their greatest hits.
  • Options

Seen The Stones loads of times and was at Hyde Park in 1969 but refuse to pay these prices especially as the rumour is that Keith Richard will have to mime as he can no longer remember sogs all the way through. Apparently they are transfixed on having the highest grossing tour a record currently held by U2. Frankly the last time I saw them all they played was their greatest hits.

It's not a rumour
  • Options
    Do you know for sure he's miming? Haven't seen or heard that anywhere.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

It's not a rumour
    Behave the pair of you! Not even a good Wind Up.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I have a reliable sauce.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

I have a reliable sauce.
    Absolute tosh, my mate regularly holiday's at Keefs place, she is best mates with Dandelion (Angela, Keefs daughter), apart from a bit of arthritis, hence he plays in open G all the time now, Richards is in great health. She told me months ago that they were rehearsing and it sounded great.
    I think you've been taken in by Keefs notoriety, he's not fucked up at all, surprisingly!
    Keef is a purist, a white bluesman/rock n roller so do you really think he would be miming?
  • Options
    edited October 2012

well they did hold that record until U2's last tour, but am pretty sure they wont break it with these 4 dates...
    And no way do I believe the Richards would not play live either.