Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand designs - Lambeth water tower

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Anyone see this tonight?

What a cracking view from the top - I would never tire of that.

Mind you, how much did the fella end up spending on it in the end? If I had that sort of dough I'm not sure I'd want to live there - even if you are 100ft up in the air away from the local scumbags!

Comments

• If I heard it right, when asked if it was 2,000,000 he didn't say no!
  • Some people shouldn't be allowed to have money!
  • BIG_ROB said:

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have money!

Why? Turned an eyesore into a stunning property with his own hard earned money
  • edited October 2012

BIG_ROB said:

Wasted it pal! I mean, think how many beers you can buy with £2million. I'd spend it wisely me, not on pissin water towers!
  • BIG_ROB said:

Not sure I agree with that either!

Not many TV programmes hold my attention these days but that one did. Just absolutely amazing to turn that old wreck into the sort of home that he did. The skill of the builders, and the final finish, was just breath taking. Good luck to the guy for creating such a wonderful building.

Mind you, I hope he had a good alarm system fitted as well!
  • Yeah sorry, I was being sarcastic.

Didn't see last nights show, but Grand Designs was one of me most favourite tv programs (when I watched tv). Some of the people who've appeared on it over the years have been quite annoying though! (the couple who built and "echo house" then found out they'd need to live in it for 120 years or so to remove it's carbon foot-print).
  • BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Wasted it pal! I mean, think how many beers you can buy with £2million. I'd spend it wisely me, not on pissin water towers!
    About 55,000.
    But the views are not so good looking through the bottom of a glass.
  • BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

About 55,000.
    55,000 pints of Nelson Mandela! Ahhhhhhhhhh!
  • .......and a few packs of Chicken and Stuffing crisps Nom Nom nom
  • BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

When you put it like that, fair point!
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know whats happening with Shooters hill water tower, that was converted and was for sale for 1.2 million but ive never seen anyone living there.
  • Some knob bought it for an extortionate amount of money and is converting it to a water tower!

• BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

About 55,000.

Never drinking down your local mate - 36 quid a pint?
  • MrOneLung said:

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

About 55,000.

Good barmaids though!
  • MrOneLung said:

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

About 55,000.

Keeps the riff raff away.
  • edited October 2012

Is this local in the O2?