Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rrmoving duplicate files in Windows

Hi, I know we have some real IT professionals on here and I'm looking for a little advice.

I run my own business and I have an excessive backup system to ensure that I don't lose any of my client data. However, this has led to me backing up various (lots actually) of files to multiple locations on different hard drives. I'm looking to free up some space on the external back up drives and thought that I could do that by deleting some duplicate files. I have looked on the internet to find a way to do this and there are some software solutions available, but I'm looking for something that is free, ideally, but I'm reluctant to download something could put a virus on me PC.

Can anyone advice a solution please?

Comments

• You could try Advanced System Care, it is safe I have it on my pc it is accepted by Norton as safe. It is a free program which you can update further for a small fee if desired, it has a amongst other things a cloned file scanner which may help you.