Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hollister-Bluewater

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Horrible shopping experience, dark and noisy. Although the girl who helped me could be a model, although I had to fight the urge to drag her down to KFC for a bargain bucket.

Comments

• Options
    Awful shop, full of preps.
  • Options
    I just go in there to see the sorts that work in there
  • Options

I just go in there to see the sorts that work in there

Surprised you can see anything at all.
  • Options
    Every Hollister is the same. Awful dark shop that stinks.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I was offered a job there when I was having a smoke in Islington High Street - didn't think much of it until I saw the people who worked there!

Must say I was pretty insulted though as I felt it was an incinuation that I had no personality and dressed like a bit of bender to be honest.

At bluewater as we speak; waiting for the girl to finish her shopping - must say I hate bluewater on days like this. The heating seems to have been increased to the max and people seemed to be forcing their way in like sardines.
  • Options
    Not for large people.
  • Options
    That smell they pump out makes me puke , went in one once in Liverpool , couldn't see amything.
  • Options
    Don't mind Hollister to be honest, i know it's dark but you can still see the clothes. The girls are stunners!
  • Options
    Never understand why men want to actually go into a shop any more. You get treated like s***, by s***s, who want to sell you s***ty looking gear that costs a s***load of money, and makes you look like every other s***head around. Apparently, this shop even makes you smell like s***.

Welcome to the 21st century. Let me introduce you to 'the internet'

• Options

Never understand why men want to actually go into a shop any more. You get treated like s***, by s***s, who want to sell you s***ty looking gear that costs a s***load of money, and makes you look like every other s***head around. Apparently, this shop even makes you smell like s***.

you like it then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went in, grabbed a medium polo shirt, tried it on, too tight. Went back out, grabbed a large, tried it on, too tight. Went back out, grabbed an extra large, came to my senses and walked out.
  • Options
    Yeah - love it :)

Seriously though - I've never understood why men 'shop' for 'casual' clothes. Every polo shirt looks the fucking same. Some of them cost a tenner, some of them cost 100 quid, but they're all made in the same shithole sweatshops in Taiwan - someone, somewhere, is laughing extremely hard at people.
  • Options
    I queued up outside the one in New York a few Christmases back. Purely for my stepdaughter. There was virtually naked male models on the stairs all wishing me a nice day. It was dark and I was so busy ogling these fine specimens I tripped.

Got to be a size zero to shop in there.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I was offered a job there when I was having a smoke in Islington High Street - didn't think much of it until I saw the people who worked there!

Must say I was pretty insulted though as I felt it was an incinuation that I had no personality and dressed like a bit of bender to be honest.

At bluewater as we speak; waiting for the girl to finish her shopping - must say I hate bluewater on days like this. The heating seems to have been increased to the max and people seemed to be forcing their way in like sardines.

You do dress like a bender. Brother

• Options
    Another example of terrible clothes made popular from very clever marketing. Unfortunately most people can't see through this and just follow the herd.
  • Options
    I quite like Hollister, dont really care about there lighting

As it goes, one of my old mates got offered to work in there. 'Dream job' it was described as on Facebook.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    We spend a month or so year in Southern California as my missus grew up there. When we have friends over from there, they crack up at people walking around in t shirts that say Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach etc.

When we are at the family home in HB, we dont see people walking around wearing t shirts saying Bexley, Sidcup, Woolwich etc and mates get confused when they stay over here. Last time, I had to stop someone going up to some chav in Bluewater who had a HB t shirt on. My friend thought that he must have 'grown up' there and wanted to chat to someone from 'back home'. I had to gently explain that they were probably more Margate than Malibu.
  • Options
    Went to the one in New York last month, awful, awful experience. I can't believe how stupid most teenagers are to shop in there and spend their parents money/their own hard earned cash. Such a waste
  • Options

• Options
    I was surprised to hear that Hollister had become a trendy brand.

It's been available in the factory outlet places in Thailand and Cambodia for years, so that tells you where the stuff is made.

So, if I see a Hollister hoodie for 300 baht (6 pounds) am I getting a bargain? I wouldn't be seen dead in one but I have some relatives that would probably be happy, though I'd have to say I paid ten times the amount.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think I have heard of Holiister before
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I have. They make colostomy bags and my mother-in-law used them. Perhaps the shops emulate the bags and that explains why the shops are dark and skanky..
  • Options

All made in mainland now Leroy

The days of made in Taiwan are long gone

• Options
    spent a few hours in there last week but only because i couldn't find my way out.

• Options

Couldn't agree more

Anyone that wants to pay £70 for a hoodie deserves what they get IMO.

Superdry is another one. Sounds like a Japanese nappy manufacturer.
  • Options

I was surprised to hear that Hollister had become a trendy brand.

It's been available in the factory outlet places in Thailand and Cambodia for years, so that tells you where the stuff is made.

So, if I see a Hollister hoodie for 300 baht (6 pounds) am I getting a bargain? I wouldn't be seen dead in one but I have some relatives that would probably be happy, though I'd have to say I paid ten times the amount.

Bought a hollister hoodie in New York that was equivelant of 39 quid, they're about 60 quid here. So yes, that is an absolute bargain.
  • Options
    Can't stand hollister clothes and the shop is a joke.
  • Options

But you said "men" so yeah for "men" the internet is great but......

Have you forgotten the teenage thrill of getting together enough money to buy that shirt or pair of shoes you really want and going out with your mates to get it/them?

Then walking out of the shop with the correctly branded bag and thinking of when and where you are going to wear the clothes.

Hope I die before I get old : - )

• Options
    Never did it Henners. I've never given a monkeys about what I wear. I never paid more than 30 quid for a piece of clothing in my life (coats aside).
  • Options

But you said "men" so yeah for "men" the internet is great but......

Have you forgotten the teenage thrill of getting together enough money to buy that shirt or pair of shoes you really want and going out with your mates to get it/them?

Then walking out of the shop with a nice comfy cardie.

Hope I die before I get old : - )