Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Edgar Davids to Barnet

Comments

• Options
    He looked well past it at Spurtz towards the end - and he left them, what, 3 seasons ago? Interesting to see how he gets on with twinkle.
  • Options
    go on barnet!
  • Options
    I love the fact they seem to be in a shed!!!!!!!! Up the Barnet, I hope they survive by their customary one point yet again this season.
  • Options
    Is that our mark robson?
  • Options
    yar.
  • Options
    I was at Orient the other night, think it was Barnet they were playing. It was really boring.
  • Options
    Seems a strange move but hope it works out
  • Options
    Joint head coach with equal partnership alongside manager Mark Robson.

Don't like the sound of that. Sounds like Robbo's been usurped.
  • Options
    'We have world class training facilities that are now attracting world class players'

What's his definition of world class?
  • Options

'We have world class training facilities that are now attracting world class players'

What's his definition of world class?

I think he's referring to The Hive , their training facility which is, by all accounts, very very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He looked well past it at Spurtz towards the end - and he left them, what, 3 seasons ago? Interesting to see how he gets on with twinkle.

He left Spurs in the Jan 2007 transfer window.

• Options
    He was pony at Palarse.
  • Options
    I saw this rumoured a couple of weeks ago but dismissed it as nonsense.

I like Barnet and go there sometimes but this feels like a desperate move.At his prime Davids was one of my favourite players and Charlton nearly signed him in on deadline day in our relegation season from the Prem.It was actually two years ago when he had his brief spell with the Nigels.

Barnet have a history of signing superstars past their prime ,both Jimmy Greaves and Mark Lawrenson spent time at Underhill although Lawro's spell was not very long.I remember pitching up there with Welling one Good Friday hoping to see the ex Liverpool legend play but he had been so disasterous away at Runcorn on his debut that he had gone back into retirement.Needless to say this had not been previously annouced so the crowd numbers had been suitably boosted.Greaves had a good couple of seasons there when they were still non league and scored a shed load of goals despite playing in mid-field.

Personally I doubt he would be able to do a job on a regular basis and a bit like when John Barnes joined us they must hope his presence will rub off on the other players and his superior technique might make him a useful impact substitute.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    JohnBoyUK said:

Christ, I didn't realise it was that long ago. So a player who was gash five and a half seasons ago (must confess, I'd forgotten he'd blotted his copybook even more by turning out for Crippled Alice) is going to be a player/coach for the bottom team in division four? This has 'success' written all over it, doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hmmm not sure i like the look of that. God knows how much money he'll be getting paid there.

Think the money should have been spent on getting some decent L2/good Conference players, to try and keep them up this year. maybe a bit of desperation creeping in.

Can see them going down, Davids pissing off at the end of the season with a bit of lower level coaching experience, and Barnet being twice as much in the shit as they started.
  • Options
    I imagine comment 52 wasnt written by the man himself. If it was good on him!
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Christ, I didn't realise it was that long ago. So a player who was gash five and a half seasons ago (must confess, I'd forgotten he'd blotted his copybook even more by turning out for Crippled Alice) is going to be a player/coach for the bottom team in division four? This has 'success' written all over it, doesn't it?
    it's good to see players continuing playing as long as they can IMO. There are far too many stories of prima donna attitudes.

Didn't Jimmy Greaves play for them toward the end of his career?
  • Options
    edited October 2012

JohnBoyUK said:

it's good to see players continuing playing as long as they can IMO.
    Only if they're any good. Don't think you'd have taken that attitude with Jimmy Floyd Piggybank!
  • Options
    Can't stand him.
  • Options
    Reckon he'll end up playing a couple of games at the most and then bugger off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many examples are there of former world class players going to a lower league club and it working out (in recent times). Can think of a few where it has just gone terribly wrong - paul gascoine. Fastino aprilla - darlington?! - not that he ever signed (okay maybe not world class :))
  • Options
    This is weird. They have so little money, he can't be doing it for that reason. I can only assume it's because he loves playing football, though I don't think he'll enjoy the halves where Barnet are playing up the slope.
  • Options
    Maybe Davids fancies himself as a manager in future and sees this as a first step on that path?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Maybe Davids fancies himself as a manager in future and sees this as a first step on that path?

Maybe, but Barnet are doomed as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    DOOMED, I tell thee!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Registered to make his debut tonight,I suspect this has been done to boost the attendance.

It might work because I am thinking of going to Underhill tonight,I suspect edgar will not play though.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Registered to make his debut tonight,I suspect this has been done to boost the attendance.

It might work because I am thinking of going to Underhill tonight,I suspect edgar will not play though.

Every time I go to Underhill I end up thinking 'never again'. Then a few months later I forget how bad it was and go again.
  • Options
    he's starting tonight.

i went barnet plymouth, they are awful but proper football ground i like it
  • Options
    Well they won 4-0!