Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paramount Park - Swanscombe

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    What they are proposing.

https://londonresort.info/
  • Options
    What they are proposing.

https://londonresort.info/
    Not exactly much detail there. A "world-class entertainment resort" could mean anything. 

I bet @DaveMehmet is hoping it's one massive knocking shop!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Is it definitely happening then? Remember a rumour doing the rounds a few years ago that there were no actual plans and it was all just hot air to push house prices in the area up.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Is it definitely happening then? Remember a rumour doing the rounds a few years ago that there were no actual plans and it was all just hot air to push prices in the area up.
    my company did a lot of estimates / cost planning for the infrastructure and they were paying fees so its definitely real 
  • Options
    Don't think it will ever happen. Paramount aren't involved anymore, and were never directly involved anyway. It was just a licensing agreement to use their IP. From day one it was all a bit suspect. I have a villa in Murica, Spain. When I bought there was talk of a Paramount park 30 mins inland. Guess what, that never happened, it rolled on for a few years with nothing happening (exactly like Swanscombe), then it was quietly dropped, then the development company went bust and the land reverted the regional government.

If I was a betting man my prediction is that there will never be a theme park there, but there will eventually be housing, maybe some  small-scale retail/leisure development, possibly new leisure centre and school backed by the local authorities.
  • Options
    Reminds me, does KEH still own ebbsfleet? They’re still in national league south? 
  • Options

Reminds me, does KEH still own ebbsfleet? They’re still in national league south? 

Yes, Fleet were demoted to NLS (very unfairly in my opinion) and there they remain. Dr Abdullah's family owns KEH and they are behind the plans. I know that they've spent upwards of £80m on the project so far and they own the land now that's needed to build the project. As much as I agree with the sentiments of the petition there are too many 'vested' interests in this project to let it fail. Once they get final planning permission, expect him to sell it off for many times more than they've outleyed so far.
  • Options
    Just hope that if Dr Abdullah I involved in the building he doesn't get the same architect who designed that absolute shite looking stand they built at Stonebridge road. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hope that if Dr Abdullah I involved in the building he doesn't get the same architect who designed that absolute shite looking stand they built at Stonebridge road. 
    Whatever can you mean? All six rows of seats in that stand look fantastic. 

As a local resident I hope and pray this never happens, traffic round here is bad enough with the crossing and Bluewater, if this was to happen it’d be a nightmare. 
  • Options
    It’ll never get built, the planning application was described by a friend at TfL, as one of the most embarrassing things they’ve ever had to comment on
  • Options
    There will be a stack of planning issues for the examining panel to get their heads around before permission could be given and unless the vague nature of this 'resort' proposal is really clarified it will be very difficult for the proposers to provide satisfactory answers. 

And the market for this resort must be highly questionable in post covid/ post Brexit circumstances if it depends on attracting international visitors in significant numbers.

So at some point a completely different scheme may well replace this one.
  • Options
    If I was a betting man then I would bet that it eventually turns into a housing application.
    Bingo!
  • Options
    Something is happening. I was at Bluewater a couple of weeks ago & there was a new turn off from the big roundabout as you leave. I didnt get a good look as it was getting dark & I was driving but looked like housing or some new development. I just assumed it was the theme park. 
  • Options
    Something is happening. I was at Bluewater a couple of weeks ago & there was a new turn off from the big roundabout as you leave. I didnt get a good look as it was getting dark & I was driving but looked like housing or some new development. I just assumed it was the theme park. 
    They've been doing loads of roadworks around the Bean Junction at the A2 and then down to the Ebbsfleet junction for a while now - Went past a sign on Monday which said it'll all be finished in four months.

Have often wondered if it could possibly be to help the traffic that'll be created by the Park - Yet its also a bottleneck of an area both during the usual commute home from work (When I had to go into the Office) and when leaving Bluewater @ Christmas so could just be that, as they're basically adding in a few extra slip roads.
  • Options
    It just doesn’t look big enough to be a large theme park. When you look at the mock up on their website doesn’t seem much there. 
  • Options
    That's just essentially part of the Ebbsfleet Garden City development. Going back to my previous post the amount of housing built round here in the last few years is ridiculous which all adds to the traffic, add in a theme park and it will be pure carnage.
  • Options
    The site is important for wildlife so hopefully the theme park won't be built. There is already too much development in the area and it needs a green lung. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:
    That's just essentially part of the Ebbsfleet Garden City development. Going back to my previous post the amount of housing built round here in the last few years is ridiculous which all adds to the traffic, add in a theme park and it will be pure carnage.
    I believe they also want to extend Bluewater into the empty quarry next to the existing site but the council have said they cannot even consider doing that until the road infrastructure in the area is improved to accommodate the extra volume of traffic it will create. 
  • Options
    It’s not, the transport plan they provided was a couple of excel spreadsheets, and a load of promises they hadn’t even spoken to Network Rail and TfL about 
  • Options
    Somebody is pocketing a load of cash off any investors stupid enough to buy into the "plan".

They'll drag it on as long as they can, but once the investor money dries up there'll be some insurmountable problem that means the whole scheme is abandoned. The land will then be sold on for housing and the instigators of this plan will vanish.
  • Options
    I work as a lawyer in this field. Not involved in this scheme but have been following it for some years. Its clearly in some trouble. Not sure if that is because if the environmental impacts or the transport/traffic issues but if I had to guess it's issues with funding
  • Options
    What I want to know is.......

Where abouts is the "Peninsula" in swanscombe...?   Its fecking landlocked  !!

Is it the same as the Pier in Wigan...?
  • Options
    What I want to know is.......

Where abouts is the "Peninsula" in swanscombe...?   Its fecking landlocked  !!

Is it the same as the Pier in Wigan...?

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Ok. I see now. I thought the "park" was near Bluewater / Ebbsfleet. If they are building something there I hope they put in a link road.....the "lower road" is a nitemare at the  best of times. 
  • Options
    Ok. I see now. I thought the "park" was near Bluewater / Ebbsfleet. If they are building something there I hope they put in a link road.....the "lower road" is a nitemare at the  best of times. 
    Are you Officer Crabtree from 'ello, 'ello???