Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#BUNCHOFTWATS

Comments

• Options
    I can see how it can be read that way. I know Twitter only allows 140 characters, but just a little bit more punctuation, and small improvement in grammar would make it a lot clearer!

Surely going to result in a FA charge though. Managers get charged over fairly minor questioning of match officials decision making, Cole is get in a lot of trouble for this I would have thought.
  • Options
    He must rue the retweet function. Still, doesn't strike me as the brightest of lads, people like him and pensioners should beware of the big world wide web out there!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy though. As they say in East Enders 'Never mind Eh?'
  • Options
    Soon see if his week's wage works out more than Terry's.
  • Options
    Well, it's just a lack of respect for the FA but, in all honesty, do they deserve that respect by the way they conduct themselves sometimes. I'm not condoning Cole's reaction but I can imagine the players just get pissed off with all the bureaucracy coming from that lot. I can imagine them thinking they're just a bunch of upper class twats who have never played the game who just seem so out of touch.
  • Options

This incident rumbles on and the outfall has been quite remarkable and has shown
    some people for who they truely are.

Anton Ferdinand refuses to act as a sportsman and shake hands with his opponents.
    Rio Ferdinand makes racist remarks on twitter.
    Ashley Cole spits during pre match handshakes and makes ill judged comments on twitter.

The only person that has handled the aftermath of this unpleasant affair with dignity and
    integrity is John Terry.
    If only the fa could reflect on this.

You mean JT that has thrown his toys out of the pram and retired from International football.
  • Options
    This is exactly what is wrong with modern day footballers. Know's it will probably get him a fine in the region of 100k which is a drop in the ocean to him so doesn't give a fuck. Arrogant tosser!!
  • Options

This is exactly what is wrong with modern day footballers. Know's it will probably get him a fine in the region of 100k which is a drop in the ocean to him so doesn't give a fuck. Arrogant tosser!!

this annoys me. there are 20 clubs in the prem with a squad of 25 players. out of the 500 players how many act up like this?

ashley cole is a bad apple.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Well, it's just a lack of respect for the FA but, in all honesty, do they deserve that respect by the way they conduct themselves sometimes. I'm not condoning Cole's reaction but I can imagine the players just get pissed off with all the bureaucracy coming from that lot. I can imagine them thinking they're just a bunch of upper class twats who have never played the game who just seem so out of touch.

They would be wrong to think that as one of the commission had a premier league medal and England caps
  • Options

this annoys me. there are 20 clubs in the prem with a squad of 25 players. out of the 500 players how many act up like this?

Sorry didn't mean to put all premiership footballers in the same bracket, just the very top earners. They seem to think they are untouchable & that annoys me
  • Options

Sorry didn't mean to put all premiership footballers in the same bracket, just the very top earners. They seem to think they are untouchable & that annoys me
    to be fair it is only some and the press concentrate on those. If you went through, say, the man city team and look where their wages go, im sure a lot goes to charity etc. i dont think its fair to label someone who earns over 100k a week with a bad attitude.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id be pretty pissed off if I was accused of that too.
  • Options

Rob said:

They would be wrong to think that as one of the commission had a premier league medal and England caps
    Brooking is still a bureaucrat though
  • Options
    Rob said:

Rob said:

Stuart Ripley (ex Blackburn Rovers)
  • Options

Rob said:

Rob said:

Stuart Ripley (ex Blackburn Rovers)
    Oh. Thanks. Got that wrong didn't I. :-)

Still hold by my beliefs though that they do come over as a bunch of bureaucrats. I think the FA has always been like that going back to the day when they picked the England team as a panel.
  • Options
    Chelski #BUNCHOFTWATS
  • Options
    I haven't (yet) read the FA Judgement - but it's worth reading the magistrates judgement in the court case (http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-john-terry.pdf)

Early on he says:

"To summarize:
    There is no doubt the words “F**king black c**t” were directed at Mr Ferdinand.
    Overall I found Anton Ferdinand to be a believable witness on the central issue.
    It is inherently unlikely that he should firstly accuse John Terry of calling him a black c**t, then shortly after the match completely deny that he had made such a comment, and then maintain that false account throughout the police investigation and throughout this trial. There is no history of animosity between the two men. The supposed motivation is slight.
    Mr Terry’s explanation is, certainly under the cold light of forensic examination, unlikely. It is not the most obvious response. It is sandwiched between other undoubted insults".

But in the end he decides:

"Weighing all the evidence together, I think it is highly unlikely that Mr Ferdinand accused Mr Terry on the pitch of calling him a black c**t. However I accept that it is possible that Mr Terry believed at the time, and believes now, that such an accusation was made. The prosecution evidence as to what was said by Mr Ferdinand at this point is not strong. Mr Cole gives corroborating (although far from compelling corroborating) evidence on this point. It is therefore possible that what he said was not intended as an insult, but rather as a challenge to what he believed had been said to him.

In those circumstances, there being a doubt, the only verdict the court can record is one of not guilty".

So the magistrate thought Terry's account was 'unlikely' and Cole's evidence 'far from compelling', but because there is a need to prove something 'beyond a reasonable doubt', Terry was found not guilty (the Scottish judgement of 'not proven' would probably have been more appropriate - if it had been available).

It seems possible that the FA may also have also found Cole's account 'far from compelling'?
  • Options
    Why should he be punished for stating his opinion?
    IMHO he is right.
    The biggest problem with football in this country is that it is run by a private company that is accountable to nobody.
    The FA should be run on behalf of the supporter's and players and represented by them. But it isn't. It's run by money men within the game and is like a secret club. They are only interested in making as much money as possible out of us, Joe Public.
  • Options

This incident rumbles on and the outfall has been quite remarkable and has shown

Anton Ferdinand refuses to act as a sportsman and shake hands with his opponents.
    Ashley Cole spits during pre match handshakes and makes ill judged comments on twitter.

The only person that has handled the aftermath of this unpleasant affair with dignity and
    integrity is John Terry.

Hmmmm. John Terry and dignity in the same sentence. Never thought I'd see that.
  • Options
    I don't think the whole situation has been handled well by any party involved. But back to Cole's tweet, it is a familiar problem from the likes of him, they generally seem to be the highly regarded English players who do it. None seem to respect anything or anyone, look at the way the Chelsea English players treated AVB, or the way JT tried to start a revolt against Capello.

Seems to me that from a young age these players have been showered with praise and in effect been allowed to get away with as much as they can with little repercussions.
  • Options

integrity is John Terry.

I look forward to seeing John Terry and Dignitas in the same sentence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These players need to be paid far less. Simples.
  • Options
    Perhaps he had been visiting Thailand and meant to type #bunchofwats
  • Options
    Ashley Cole almost certainly bent the truth and got the tweet out to cover himself
  • Options
    If they got paid less or more they'd still be helmets
  • Options
    Stig said:

integrity is John Terry.

I look forward to seeing John Terry and Dignitas in the same sentence.
    *chortle*
  • Options

If they got paid less or more they'd still be helmets

Indeed, unpleasant people who happen to be good at football.
  • Options

integrity is John Terry.

And nothing sporting about shaking the hand of a person that called you a black cxxx.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    the thing is .. Ashley is spot on with his comments .. Loath as I am to say this as I consider the majority of twitterers to be twatterers