Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Thread Closed

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Why has the thread been closed about the Old Bill the Moderator reckons that the thread has been hijacked which is not true at all it is about a different point of view . It seems to me that any proper discussion on any subject on this board can be subject to being halted on a whim .
Correct me if I am wrong I thought that message boards are about people having discussions on all sorts of subjects provided they are not insulting or libelous ,racist,homophobic .
Since I have been looking on this message board or been a member of it i have noticed more threads closed down on this board more than any other I know, how much longer is this going to carry on for

Comments

• Away with you. Back to Zampa Road.
  • edited September 2012
    My apologies if my "point of view" was a bit strong. I guess when your passionate about a subject it's easy to get heated.
  • I hear House of Fun are looking for new members. They never close a thread.
  • To be fair that thread was getting a bit silly! Was suppose to be a good reference to the police but then turned into a slagging match about them. If you don't like our plod then try living in China or Russia then you will see what real corruption looks like.
  • I think calling every Police Officer "filth" is pretty insulting.
  • My apologies if my "point of view" was a bit strong. I guess when your passionate about a subject it's easy to get heated.

Ditto. Hit a nerve when you've got a sister who's a (non filth) serving police officer. As you can imagine, felt sick last week til I found out it wasn't her who'd been cold-bloodedly murdered by a worthless piece of scum in the line of duty.

My bad.
  • Addickted said:

I think calling every Police Officer "filth" is pretty insulting.

It is not my expression but the truth is that what they are called by a large amount of people

Whether the HOF never closes a thread I would not know but on the West Online Community never closed a thread either

• Made larger by more people calling them that.

Let's hope them filth don't hold your views against you if you ever need them. Or the views of loads of people when they call the police asking them to arrest one of their mates who called them a nasty name on facebook.

• It's only gonna get worse Frank, I've set myseld ambitious targets and by Feb 2016 I aim to be closing 324 threads a day.

You're starting to bore me now, you've only started 4 threads and three of them were about closed threads. You're obsessed with them as your beloved Lions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ban him boss
  • Well I disagreed with your comment on the other post.
  • You really have to ask
  • Can this thread be closed?
  • It's only gonna get worse Frank, I've set myseld ambitious targets and by Feb 2016 I aim to be closing 324 threads a day.

You're starting to bore me now, you've only started 4 threads and three of them were about closed threads. You're obsessed with them as your beloved Lions.

Well I am glad to hear that I am boring you ,to be honest it seems to me that you are more interested in preserving some squeaky clean image and only at a club like this would the users of this board put up with it . At no other club that I know would the regular users put up with someone like yourself but on here they would that tells me a lot about you.

This will be my last contribution on your board so that will please you and some of users , if at some time in the future I ever see proper debate taking place on this message board and not someone like you terminating debate then I may be back but as I said i do not think that will ever happen

Whether the HOF never closes a thread I would not know but on the West Online Community never closed a thread either

Fred West Online Community?
  • So will it be your last post or won't it?
  • The thread I started up weren't so much about the police being squeaky clean, just the few involved doing something worth talking about in a positive way. It's easy calling all old bill scum, but who are the first people you turn to when someone nicks your motor or turns your gaff over?

Re. the fella getting slotted by police at Stockwell tube; the ob who followed him down in to the station and on to the train that day need bravery awards as the info they had at the time was that he had a bomb. Would you have done the same? Maybe the intelligence gatherers need looking at, but in my eyes the plod on the front line that day are heroes no less!
  • I thought only the MASTER could close threads
  • BIG_ROB said:

but who are the first people you turn to when someone nicks your motor or turns your gaff over?

Direct line?

;-)

• Sponsored links:

• BIG_ROB said:

but who are the first people you turn to when someone nicks your motor or turns your gaff over?

Direct line?

;-)

Exactly!
  • @millwallfrankborman ... boring as always ... you've been looking for a ban from the start so you can show off to your mates but as you failed you now decide to leave for a while zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • the thing is big rob you of course call the police if your house has been robbed no point calling the fire brigade,im just not having this is anywhere near the best force in the world.
  • Plaaayer said:

So will it be your last post or won't it?

If he answers 'yes' he's a liar! :-)
  • nolly said:

the thing is big rob you of course call the police if your house has been robbed no point calling the fire brigade,im just not having this is anywhere near the best force in the world.

Nollly, a quick google will tell you that even Canada has a problem with corrupt Policemen so i think we probably are a lot better off than most.

As for the expession `the filth', does anyone actually use or hear this in everyday life? I don't.
  • edited September 2012

Yes very pleased. Hope you keep your promise.
  • It's typical Britian to be negative about things. We do have one of the best police services in the world. I guarantee that.