Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking at the retail park near Halfords / PC World - Fined £95

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Not sure if this is common knowledge but they have started implementing fines there now as I just got one through

£95 but reduced to £75 if I pay promply

Just thought I would point it out - apologies if already raised

Comments

• Options
    Do they at least have the decency to wear pirate uniforms when they're doing this?
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind but the bloody shops are closed at 7. The car park is quiet so what's the harm

It's all automated so there is nobody to argue with either

I've used it on and off for quite a while and it's usually full of fans so they probably made an absolute killing that night
  • Options
    Do they have someone patrolling it in the evening, or is it cameras?

If cameras, just stick a strip of black tape across your plates. Failing that, get some moody plates made up, stick them on whilst in the carpark...........
  • Options
    was this for the Palarse match?
  • Options
    Whatever you do - don't pay it. It's a private ticket with all sorts of contract law involved. Just bin it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Not sure if this is common knowledge but they have started implementing fines there now as I just got one through

£95 but reduced to £75 if I pay promply

Just thought I would point it out - apologies if already raised

It is not a FINE; it is a speculative invoice. Until the law changes (covered on another thread) and maybe even then they cannot enforce it. Bin it and all the following threatening letters - they can do nothing.
  • Options

Whatever you do - don't pay it. It's a private ticket with all sorts of contract law involved. Just bin it.

VF - I thought this law was changing?
  • Options
    Mate was this a 3 hour max car park and were you in there longer?

Last few games ive been parking up as late as possible in the one opposite asda but not ideal

Need to find myself a new space as mine has been demolished
  • Options
    Swizz, they have to send the letter to the person who was driving, regardless of who owns the car and you are under no obligation to tell them who was. I'm sure it wasn't you was it? Check if there's CCTV tho'.
    Linky thing - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets#rules
  • Options
    If it's private don't make any contact.

Had one about a year ago, threw it away after reading up on it all haven't heard anything since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it was private don't pay...look carefully at the written stuff on the ticket, for example if they say it was a silver car, say you got the wrong car because actually the car in question is Azure blue or something...there is always a detail you can dispute...but if the shops were closed, you were doing no harm, and its not the council/police....simply don't pay it.
    Watch for the clampers next time tho'. If you do get clamped....search for the warning signs, cover or remove them and say there were no signs. Always always film the clamper people closely on your phone (or pretend to) they really hate it.
  • Options
    I think its very easy to say don't pay, dont reply, when its not your issue.

Not sure I would be so bold.
  • Options
    Lesson learned i'm afraid. There are plenty of free parking places within a ten minute walk to the ground and i can inbox you a couple of local roads if necessary.

Re not paying the fine, i agree with Afka.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    At the risk of incurring abuse I noticed at the Palace game that the permit zones created for the Olympics and Paralympics still seemed to be operative despite finishing sometime before.

As was said on the other thread there is the 2 hour margin with the restrictions finishing at 7 so I arrived within that margin.

On a Saturday however 2 hours will not be long enough but the game finishes well before 7.

Does anybody KNOW what the position is for Saturday? I'd like to attend this match.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

At the risk of incurring abuse I noticed at the Palace game that the permit zones created for the Olympics and Paralympics still seemed to be operative despite finishing sometime before.

As was said on the other thread there is the 2 hour margin with the restrictions finishing at 7 so I arrived within that margin.

On a Saturday however 2 hours will not be long enough but the game finishes well before 7.

Does anybody KNOW what the position is for Saturday? I'd like to attend this match.

The operation was not in use, just that no one has taken down the signs yet.
  • Options
    Len, the car park opposite asda has a 3 hour limit

Means parking up no earlier than about 2.20 not always ideal
  • Options
    Had the same thing happen to me at a different car park, overstayed time limit caught by camera, received a fine bined it got a reminder, bined that, never heard another thing.

In relation to the Olympic restrictions I live in the zone and the signs are still up but are not being enforced.
  • Options
    Whenever you exceed the allowed time in one of these places - simply claim that you left, and revisited an hour later (to make another purchase).

Tell them to check their CCTV for you parking (twice) and they will see.
    Offer to send them a copy of both (non-existent) till receipts if they send you an admin fee of £25.

You will never hear another word.
  • Options
    id send you the £25 phil
  • Options
    clb74 said:

id send you the £25 phil

yes, but they won't !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Used to park in there for every home game but stopped this season as I heard they were issuing fines. Is this no longer the case??
  • Options
    Hmm - its all well and good saying to leave it but it's a company car and it's just going to cause me aggro.

Might have to chalk it up as a bad experience and take it on the chin

I usually park in Anchor and Hope lane but for some reason didn't Vs Palace - and I'm wary or parking a nice car down those dark roads as I see a fair bit of glasson the road anyway.
  • Options
    The issue of the PC/MFI world car park was raised after the Orient game. I parked there every match last season, but after we parked up prior to Orient, we noticed that there were new signs up and also that MFI had been replaced by Dreams. We decided not to risk it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Hmm - its all well and good saying to leave it but it's a company car and it's just going to cause me aggro.

Might have to chalk it up as a bad experience and take it on the chin

I usually park in Anchor and Hope lane but for some reason didn't Vs Palace - and I'm wary or parking a nice car down those dark roads as I see a fair bit of glasson the road anyway.

Age doesn't necessarily matter - a few years back my 1987 Rover 216 was broken into and the radio nicked whilst we were at a game.
  • Options
    Don't pay Swisdom.

The Contract for the parking is with the driver - not the registered keeper. Unless they can prove who the driver was there is no contract.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Don't pay Swisdom.

The Contract for the parking is with the driver - not the registered keeper. Unless they can prove who the driver was there is no contract.

Addickted said:

Don't pay Swisdom.

So does that mean that if someone parks on my drive I can't do anything about it? Does that mean that I can drive into the car park at The Valley on a match day and park in the Chairman's space and they can't do anything about it?

I'm not disputing what you say, but they're must be something that protects people's right to stop others from parking on their land?
  • Options
    You are perfectly entitled to clamp a vehicle parked on your property illegally - as long as you warn them that parking there will result in clamping.

All non Local Authority tickets are issued if you are warned that by parking where you have parked you have agreed to enter into a contract whereby you will be charged £x for parking there.

As a car cannot enter into a contract - then the driver who parks the car is deemed to have entered into that contract. It is down to the enforcing authority to prove who the driver was that enetered into that contract. If they only have cameras on the entrance/exit to the car park, then it is difficult for them to prove who was driving.

The ticket gets sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle, who is under no legal obligation to inform a private company who the driver was.

There is nothing they can do about it other than take you for a civil claim and unless they can clearly identify the driver, there is no way they can win the claim.

These private companies issue hundreds of tickets and if only 10% pay them then they are laughing.
  • Options
    got a ticket from one of these , privat firms on staples chatham , looked them up on google most people on there said , do not pay , [you will recive 7 letters starting at £95.00 ] they are now begging for £45.00 , i have 2 mor4e letters to come .
    do not pay
  • Options
    I'm sure there is CCTV in there though so hard to say it wasn't me
  • Options
    @Swisdom.
    There two camera's both the exit side of the road. The first clocks the time in , the second the time out. No other camera's to do with parking, just your normal CCTV. This is first hand from one of the store managers.