Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

edited September 2012 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    I am in complete agreement with stilladdicted.
  • Options
    Dont see its any of our business personally. The directors have their reasons Im sure. Personally, I wouldnt wish the tin tack on anyone, but when on the few ocasions I have had to do it, its been for a good reason. Just because its a football scenario shouldnt make any difference.
  • Options
    Difficult one but agree with the sentiments behind this letter.
  • Options
    The problem is Tel some people on here think it is their business, I mean can you believe it, Tony Jiminez attended a meeting at KPMG last week and did not let us know in advance on here.

The cheek of the guy!

• Options
    I think most people on here would agree that Rick should stay. Sadly, might as well send a letter to Santa for all the good posting on here will do.
  • Options
    By the way, on a couple of occasions I said to Rick that some of his comments were a bit near to the knuckle and he replied that he was happy to take his chances, so maybe one badly timed or ill conceived comment caught up with him? Anyway, I wish him well for the future whatever the outcome.
  • Options

The letter itself has disappeared, but I think it is certainly my business whether Rick Everitt is kicked out or not, and I urge everyone else to think the same.

Those of us who care about Charlton Athletic prospering before and after the latest 90 minutes, know that we need to get as many people as possible to attend at the Valley, and to enjoy the experience barring whatever happens on the field. Rick Everitt has accumulated a vast knowledge of Charlton Athletic's customers over the last 20 years and has used that in the Club's employment to introduce innovative and successful marketing campaigns . I do not think it is a coincidence that another thread is able to mock Palace and Millwall for only getting 12k this weekend.

Our relationship with the club is as stakeholders rather than just customers. If a manager as valuable as Rick is to be removed, it is right that we express concern. If he has infringed the rules of correct employee behaviour, there are any number of disciplinary actions which could be taken, short of depriving the club of his experience, knowledge, drive and flair. It is possible that Martin Prothero at least is not fully aware of the extent of Rick's work, and so it is not unreasonable that we might want to ensure he is so informed.