Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bexley Food Hygiene

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Guys,
Apparently the London Borough of Bexley is the worst area for food hygiene in the UK.
With that in mind, please see link.I am surprised I am still alive as I have eaten in most of these!
http://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search/bexley

Comments

• Options
    Feel sick just found my favourite kebab with a score of zero
  • Options
    wow, used to live in Erith have used a lot of them 0,1 and 2's :(
  • Options
    Oh dear, my usual Chinese and Indian takeaways of choice are rated 1. Ewe.
  • Options
    Anyone who eats ANY take away food is asking for trouble. If the fat don't get ya .. the bugs surely will !!
  • Options
    I'm not even going to look at it. I love a takeaway curry and don't want to see how bad the score is.
  • Options

I'm not even going to look at it. I love a takeaway curry and don't want to see how bad the score is.

Wise man .. if you knew what went into the average curry t. o., you'd demand the arrest and trial of all the kitchen staff .. trouble is .. they taste so good
  • Options
    Laughing Buddha 0 out of 5 *shock*
  • Options
    Why have some businesses got zeros when they were last inspected last year though? Why the hell haven't they been back?
  • Options
    Danny said
    Why have some businesses got zeros when they were last inspected last year though? Why the hell haven't they been back?
    Exactly Danny,Mind you will be safe with one of Charlton's Chicken Tikka slices.!
  • Options
    Some grim reading on that.....
    I complained about one of venue's in Bexley village Three years ago, to Enviroment health in Hadlow Road,
    They seemed rather unconcerned, see it scored a 0 this year. Looking at that list KFC and Mac D's appear to be the best group eating places, god help us?.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a pal that does pest control and looks after a couple of McDonalds and he recons that they take it extremely seriously and spend more than anyone else when it comes to keeping there restaurants clean and pest free.
  • Options

I complained about one of venue's in Bexley village Three years ago, to Enviroment health in Hadlow Road,
    They seemed rather unconcerned, see it scored a 0 this year. Looking at that list KFC and Mac D's appear to be the best group eating places, god help us?.....

I know they are under staffed but surely a few enforcement orders seem to be in order
  • Options
    My wife was an EHO - we certainly knew which places to avoid around London & there's lots of them!
  • Options
    Oh ! Lidl's (in Sydenham) got a 5 !!
  • Options
    Isn't pathetic, though, that displaying your score is not compulsory! If it was a legal requirement and we avoided low scoring establishments then WE could bring about a massive rise in hygiene levels very quickly. But, it isn't, so we won't.
  • Options
    Spice Master in Belvedere has 0/5. That basically explains why I had the Brad Pitts last time I went there.
  • Options
    Would be nice if they had to display their rating in the window, as is the requirement in many countries, Australia for example (if my memory serves me correct)
  • Options
    That settles it - home cooking from now on.
  • Options

Would be nice if they had to display their rating in the window, as is the requirement in many countries, Australia for example (if my memory serves me correct)

Elite Fish & Chip Shop on Welling High Street does have a certificate in the window. (it is a 5 of course).

• Options
    Kap10 said:

I know they are under staffed but surely a few enforcement orders seem to be in order
    Flavours of Morocco...0 Bexley High Street, September 2011.....
    Viceroy of India ..... 0 Bexley High Street June 2012

The later was the one that I had reason to complain. My complaint was upheld, and the same owners, still carry on, albeit by different front of house.

Of course how many of these establishments, just claim new ownership, do one deep clean, put a lick of paint on the walls, and carry on....... How many have been closed? and not open until a grade 3 has been attained then re-inspected within 6 months......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The We Anchor In Pub in Welling is 5/5 according to the certificate I saw behind the bar last night.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

The later was the one that I had reason to complain. My complaint was upheld, and the same owners, still carry on, albeit by different front of house.

Of course how many of these establishments, just claim new ownership, do one deep clean, put a lick of paint on the walls, and carry on....... How many have been closed? and not open until a grade 3 has been attained then re-inspected within 6 months......
    Ken, I use the Viceroy every now and then and have never had a problem. What happened ?
  • Options
    The viceroy is excellent, been using it for 10 years. Very good curry. Spice Master is also very good. I don't take too much notice of this
  • Options
    Albany Pub 1
  • Options
    no real surprise that all that kebab shops near me struggle to push past the 2/5 rating
  • Options
    Particularly reassuring that Queen Mary's Hospital gets a zero. Not.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Ken, I use the Viceroy every now and then and have never had a problem. What happened ?
    Been eating curries for years, my favourite food.....
    Wife off from work, due to food posioning, Doctor sent a report in to the AHA, stool sample taken......
    Reported for using massive amounts of colouring in the food previously, and was temporarily closed.
    Thought to be cross contamination of cooked/uncooked food, and poor kitchen upkeep.
    I was informed that there were new owners, just been painted.....
    So perhaps things have been sorted. Personally I have had to restrict my curry intake, due to an operation I had a couple of years ago.... so use other curry houses. I went to Hadlow Road at the time Bexley council trading standards, but all they would do was 'note it' on there file....... I think the traders of bexley village have a hard time of making a living, so I hope that things have improved, for all concerned.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Flavours of Morocco. Wont be going back there again!
    or Bamboo. Overpriced and 1/5
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I see Bexley hasn't improved: So they finish bottom last time and since then, the figures showed no hygiene sampling at all was carried out by Bexley,

http://news.sky.com/story/1194654/food-safety-worst-councils-named-and-shamed
  • Options
    What I find disturbing is that my local kebab house hasn't been inspected since Dec 2011....