Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why I still enjoy Charlton Life - Group Hug Thread ;0) All Invited

This isn't a pop at the other thread because I agree with its sentiment entirely. I just wanted to turn it around and provide a thread for why its still a great place to visit and nothing comes close.

When one of us needs help, support or advice we close ranks and some of the threads on here have been nothing short of astonishing. Humour and genuine banter is often quality. Match threads with lifers giving up their effort to provide other lifers not at the match with invaluable commentary. How fantastic is that. A home for a world wide family of Addicks giving a platform for all our views nomatter how odd. A pool of genuinely ITK posters that go out of there way to provide the rest of us plebs snippets of information both good and bad about our obsession. I could go on and on and am sure you all could too.

Comments

• Completely agree @ShooterHillGuru.

Top post!
  • The money raised for the Upbeats, the academy, shirt sponsorship and other great causes.
  • What does LLLBH mean?
  • You missed out my invaluable input/humour/angle on all things...

; )
  • edited September 2012

What does LLLBH mean?

Live,Love, Laugh and Be Happy
  • Would ya

Support advice

Life

Just dont mention the charlton bit and all is well

Recent posts from bing , adam, stu show the site in great light

Dont ever mention what you may have heard from anywhere as theres no point

• Would rather post on this thread than the other one.

Its a great site with good admin and I think people are getting too concerned over certain individuals who have always been the same on here when they let their guard down.

The name calling stuff is pathetic, I would gladly have a pint with every single person on the site as we all have a common love even if some do have a weird way of posting.

Move on.
  • Would rather post on this thread than the other one.

Its a great site with good admin and I think people are getting too concerned over certain individuals who have always been the same on here when they let their guard down.

The name calling stuff is pathetic, I would gladly have a pint with every single person on the site as we all have a common love even if some do have a weird way of posting.

Move on.

You buying Southend ? ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• This isn't a pop at the other thread because I agree with its sentiment entirely. I just wanted to turn it around and provide a thread for why its still a great place to visit and nothing comes close.

When one of us needs help, support or advice we close ranks and some of the threads on here have been nothing short of astonishing. Humour and genuine banter is often quality. Match threads with lifers giving up their effort to provide other lifers not at the match with invaluable commentary. How fantastic is that. A home for a world wide family of Addicks giving a platform for all our views nomatter how odd. A pool of genuinely ITK posters that go out of there way to provide the rest of us plebs snippets of information both good and bad about our obsession. I could go on and on and am sure you all could too.

Although I started the opposite thread I thank you for putting this point of view, as you are quite right, there are a lot of good things about CL and that is why I shall continue to participate and of course do the statbank which is enjoyed by a few.
  • good post shooters
  • I post less than I used to but I still visit every day. I don't know any Charlton fans nearby so for all the negativity that's been creeping up it's still nice to be able to talk about Charlton
  • The New Bird On Countdown thread. Always excellent. Plus all that other you know talking to fans, sharing opinions and stuff. But mostly the NBOC.
  • good post SHG
  • Thanks for starting this thread SHG.
  • Spot on SHG....good post.
  • For me , i guess its like having kids , sometimes they can drive you up the wall , but you love them to bits , and wouldn't be without them.
  • It's invaluable for us overseas Addicks to keep abreast of what's going on.

I've noticed a few more, let's say, less intelligent comments and bickering recently but if a thread starts to develop that way then I'll either skim through it or move on to something else.

There's some good banter on here and that outweighs the childish stuff that nobody outside those involved wants to read. Most of the regular posters seem pretty intelligent and from the little I have seen of other fans' forums, CL is a class above in terms of the humour, knowledge and writing. And I am sure that's one reason why this site is regularly visited by fans of other clubs.

Good post SHG. N.B. I haven't read the other thread yet.
  • Love you guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have to say, as I have in the past, the support provided to me from this forum whilst I was looking for work and all the trials and tribulations that brought me and mine was just amazing and got me through difficult times. My way to help repay that is the Match threads, but even with that I do it because it keeps me in touch with people on here. As for the 'bickering' it always will happen... after-all how boring would it be if we always agreed with everything and everyone.....life and Charlton Life wont always run smoothly there will be falling outs and disagreements...but we are Charlton....... we have a common aim......and if push came to shove we would always be in it together for the greater cause.....this site cements that 99% of the time.
  • You couldn't ask for a better football community site. They give us the platform and for the most part we make good use of it.
  • Will whoever is touching me in the groinal area in this group hug please stop. I don't like it.
  • Its not me! :-0
  • Think it might be SE10 :o(
  • edited September 2012
    With this amount of love going on surely world peace is just around the corner. You guys! :)
  • Its getting like E Harmony on here. :-0
  • All we need now is some kittens!