Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    not a thrilling loan
  • Options
    might aswell bomb Evina then.
  • Options
    Powell does not rate Evina. If he did rate him, then he would have played him against Derby. Solly at left back for the next 13 league games (Till the end of november) is not the answer and disrupts the Right back spot as well.

No surprise if he brings in a left back like Briggs before tomorrow, or next saturday.
  • Options
    Another almost unknown unearthed by the management ... it looks as though we need him urgently.
  • Options

Another almost unknown unearthed by the management ... it looks as though we need him urgently.

Not necessarily the Management,the scouts are involved.I have seen this player a number of times and he is big and athletic and quite quick.He would be a better bet than Solly at left back.Let Chris get back to his rightful position at right back.I feel very sorry for Evina,who has never got a run in the side.It is obvious that Powell doesn't rate him.

• Options
    I don't agree that Powell doesn't rate Evina. He's still very young for a defender and he might not be ready to be starting week in week out till November.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Not necessarily the Management,the scouts are involved.I have seen this player a number of times and he is big and athletic and quite quick.He would be a better bet than Solly at left back.Let Chris get back to his rightful position at right back.I feel very sorry for Evina,who has never got a run in the side.It is obvious that Powell doesn't rate him.

Cheers Dick .. I meant 'unknown' by most of us punters .. I'm sure the scouting networks know every player in the country and further afield. We are in urgent need of a bit of 'ooommmph' both in midfield and defence. As you say it's bad for Evina but that's the sportsman's lot
  • Options
    i honestly think one of the reasons Powell hasnt brought in a CM loan is because he still doesnt know who his best CM pairing at the club are.
  • Options

i honestly think one of the reasons Powell hasnt brought in a CM loan is because he still doesnt know who his best CM pairing at the club are.

Possibly but without exception I think that all our available central midfielders are too slow for this division.

• Options

Could be .. but he hasn't a lot of choice at present, Stephens and Hollands .. Hollands and Stephens .. Pritchard, lovely bloke, neat player but a bit lightweight. Does anyone know Hughes' fitness and/or state of mind ? .. What do you think of the suggestion to give Kermorgant a run as an attacking midfielder as proposed by a few on here ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't agree that Powell doesn't rate Evina. He's still very young for a defender and he might not be ready to be starting week in week out till November.

Age does not matter. If your good enough and the manager rates you, then you are in.

Solly 21
    Briggs 21
    Evina 20 (21 in November)

All the same age (within 12 months) so the age argument does not stick I'm afraid.
  • Options
    It looks like when he has had a chance to play for Fulham he's played well and got the occasional assist, definitely worth a look at and if it means we finally get Solly back on the right, could be good news
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Could be .. but he hasn't a lot of choice at present, Stephens and Hollands .. Hollands and Stephens .. Pritchard, lovely bloke, neat player but a bit lightweight. Does anyone know Hughes' fitness and/or state of mind ? .. What do you think of the suggestion to give Kermorgant a run as an attacking midfielder as proposed by a few on here ?
    Pritchard in that ball winiing position like against Fulham can do a job. Id probably go with him and Stephens, who can create when he plays well, at the moment. Jackson has still got flashes of class but he doesnt have the engine and he's been playing LM. Hollands looked a real box to box midfielder at the start of last season but since about november last year he has lost that edge.

I dont really like the sound of Kerm playing attacking midfield. He likes to feel the defender and then drop off him. think he might get a bit lost in there. Plus tbf to stephens he does work hard off the ball and keeps good shape in the 4 midfield when not in possesion. Kermo is a forward and i think should remain one. Id think him and Fuller will cause problems for centre halves. they both like the ball to feet. feel harsh on BWP but he will have to play rotation this year i think.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

It looks like when he has had a chance to play for Fulham he's played well and got the occasional assist, definitely worth a look at and if it means we finally get Solly back on the right, could be good news

Just looked at his stats .. back in 2007 he was the youngest EVER to appear in the prem .. does he still hold that record ?
  • Options
    He played LB vs Man U this season and did ok, so a decent sounding player, a shame for Evina not to, at least, be given a chance to rise to the occasion
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    that position needs to be addressed, its being addressed, what more can be done?
  • Options
    We havent signed him yet!?
  • Options
    would be a very good replacement evina is still young and does have potential
  • Options

older than Briggs. More league games behind him than Briggs. Obvious Powell does not rate Evina. Might as well send him out on loan to get soem more experience.

• Options
    Don't think ceddys age has anything to do with him not playing. He just isn't rated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CP has the option of playing JJ at LB and playing a proper winger in front of him
  • Options
    Feel a bit sorry for Evina. Suspect he was signed when it looked like the Wiggins deal wasn't going to happen.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Pritchard in that ball winiing position like against Fulham can do a job. Id probably go with him and Stephens, who can create when he plays well, at the moment. Jackson has still got flashes of class but he doesnt have the engine and he's been playing LM. Hollands looked a real box to box midfielder at the start of last season but since about november last year he has lost that edge.

I dont really like the sound of Kerm playing attacking midfield. He likes to feel the defender and then drop off him. think he might get a bit lost in there. Plus tbf to stephens he does work hard off the ball and keeps good shape in the 4 midfield when not in possesion. Kermo is a forward and i think should remain one. Id think him and Fuller will cause problems for centre halves. they both like the ball to feet. feel harsh on BWP but he will have to play rotation this year i think.
    That's a good summation. I suspect that Powell is set on Hollands as one of his midfielders though he never looks totally comfortable playing alongside Stephens. Hollands was at his best last year playing with Hughes. But that was last year. For me JJ, lovely bloke etc has gotta go, he looks just too underpowered for this division but .. when given time & space can still make a killer pass or cross. Pritchard .. a bit like JJ, lots of heart but a bit out of his depth. However I take on board your comments that given the Hollands role, given a more positive, defined role than he has had so far Pritchard could flourish.
    I agree about Kermorgant. How ironic that at last we have a good set of 4 strikers if you include Smith but can only fit in 2. Now if Smithy was a central midfielder !!! ........ we will see. I expect a very difficult season but NOT relegation. Midfield for me: Kerkar, Green, Hollands and Stephens with hopes of a new addition tout de suite
  • Options
    A Fulham supporting mate of mine had this to say.
    I hope he stays with us good youngster ,just needs experiance fast at getting forward and very strong in the leFt back position I reckon he must be pissed off as he is on the bench every week waiting for his chance to play,good young player
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

A Fulham supporting mate of mine had this to say.
    I hope he stays with us good youngster ,just needs experiance fast at getting forward and very strong in the leFt back position I reckon he must be pissed off as he is on the bench every week waiting for his chance to play,good young player

It must be frustrating playing second fiddle to a player as good as Riise .. but Riise can't go on forever
  • Options
    i think its a good signing. he may even be an improvement on Wiggins.
  • Options
    None of us have seen enough of Evina to judge, so we have to go with the managements judgement (which we have to even if we have seen him 100 times) however we need etiher to get rid of Evina, after all what is the point if he is not good enough, or get him out on loan so he can develop nthrough experience. He is only going to rot and fester in the stiffs
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    According to Wiki it says Briggs can also play centre back and left wing .

In the summer SCP wanted a left footed cb ,Briggs could provide cover in both positions which would deepen our squad whilst Taylor is missing also .

In terms of Evina if he is not yet ready as opposed to not good enough then we should try to get him loaned to a L1 club for experience .

In the longer term I liked the look of Morgan Fox in the couple of Youth Cup games I saw last season ,although I accept it would be far too early to talk in terms of him stepping up to the first team .
  • Options
    Richard J said:

According to Wiki it says Briggs can also play centre back

Ipswich looking to sign a CH on loan from a PL club by midday tomorrow ;-(

• Options

Richard J said:

According to Wiki it says Briggs can also play centre back

Ipswich looking to sign a CH on loan from a PL club by midday tomorrow ;-(

Danny Higginbotham