Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spurs v Lazio

Lazio look OK. After last night's Juventus display v Chelsea, it looks as though Italian club football is undergoing a renaissance after years of scandal, scandal, chaos and scandal.

Comments

• Haven't been following it much lately have you?
  • edited September 2012
    I haven't .. it's not on TV much, Spanish and German is the current flavour .. Italy always has a competitive national side, the clubs are getting stronger again .. makes for more interesting Euro tournaments ... But last night's stamp on Oskar was a disgrace .. the Italians are still the masters at thuggery
  • They've certainly still got the 80's dive and roll on the floor like they're dead still about them
  • Juve are obviously improved, but Inter and Milan look very weak compared to recent years.

Serie A is my favourite European league but I can't see any of their clubs doing much damage in Europe unfortunately. Napoli could have a decent run in the Europa League but will probably end up going out to a relatively nothing team.
  • J BLOCK said:

They've certainly still got the 80's dive and roll on the floor like they're dead still about them

Them and the Spanish/Portugese .. they dive faster than the €
  • RedPanda said:

Juve are obviously improved, but Inter and Milan look very weak compared to recent years.

Serie A is my favourite European league but I can't see any of their clubs doing much damage in Europe unfortunately. Napoli could have a decent run in the Europa League but will probably end up going out to a relatively nothing team.

where do you get to see the games ?
  • where do you get to see the games ?

Bet365 and most betting sights show the majority of games, you just might need a few quid in your account.

It's not the ideal way of watching but they show a ridiculous amount of European and world leagues. I think on a Sunday you can go a 15 hour football binge if you want to.
  • RedPanda said:

Bet365 and most betting sights show the majority of games, you just might need a few quid in your account.

It's not the ideal way of watching but they show a ridiculous amount of European and world leagues. I think on a Sunday you can go a 15 hour football binge if you want to.
    cheers
  • J BLOCK said:

They've certainly still got the 80's dive and roll on the floor like they're dead still about them

Surely you lie on the floor like you're dead? If you're rolling you're either not dead, or you died on a steep slope.

• edited September 2012

J BLOCK said:

Surely you lie on the floor like you're dead? If you're rolling you're either not dead, or you died on a steep slope.

It's the last nervous spams of a mortally wounded midfielder ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it me or did I hear monkey noise's from the lazio fans when jermaine defoe got the ball??
  • edited September 2012
  • Is it me or did I hear monkey noise's from the lazio fans when jermaine defoe got the ball??

you did and yet there were two black players on the Lazio side.

• RedPanda said:

Or watch on first row to get full screen matches.
  • Macronate said:

Is it me or did I hear monkey noise's from the lazio fans when jermaine defoe got the ball??

you did and yet there were two black players on the Lazio side.

Eufa to investigate, be interesting to see if they think its more important than showing Paddy Power on the top of your pants.

• Shocking, they should get a supporters ban or have to play at a neutral ground. Though I guess a few away fans would like to see Rome, so might not be popular.
    colthe3rd said:

Haven't been following it much lately have you?

It was nice to see your mate 'vinco back at Juve (as a Juve fan). Buzzing a confused John Terry like tricky flea.

• Yeah me and Gio go way back Mort. Watched Juve's opening game of the season against Parma, nice to see that even after Conte's ban they aren't put off bunging a few quid to officials. Must have been the most blatant mach fixing I've seen.
  • "Racists not very smart or consistant" shocker

ESPN still show a lot of games and highlights. Richardson, Marcotti and Doraigo is a good panel as well.
  • James Richardson is one of the best presenters out there. It's a travesty that he's never got a higher profile presenting role.
  • James Richardson is one of the best presenters out there. It's a travesty that he's never got a higher profile presenting role.

Was just about to write this, intelligent, funny and knows a lot about football. Pretty much the opposite of the majority of football presenters on TV at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

He's great and been around a long time since the 'Goalazzzooooo' days on C4. I suspect he loves the dolce vita in Italy and would not entertain working anywhere else.

He's great and been around a long time since the 'Goalazzzooooo' days on C4. I suspect he loves the dolce vita in Italy and would not entertain working anywhere else.
    Doesn't live over there anymore. He hosts the Guardian football podcast and think he was doing FA cup coverage for ESPN

Pretty sure he wasnt that into football, but had an Italian girlfriend, learnt the lingo and then saw that presenting role.
    Might have also been the stadium announcer at Wembley for the old London Monarch American Football games but I may be confusing him with someone else.

Gary Imlach is a great presenter.

• thanks gents .. looks as though I must invest in ESPN
  • They had an article on James Richardson and the Football Italia phenomenon in last month's FourFourTwo magazine. I don't mind him too much, but the idiots he presents with on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast absolutely infuriate me.

Think I mentioned on the FL show thread he popped up on it this week with his usually quips (he Shroots he scores and the score couldn't have flattered them more if it had bought them chocs and said they look like Keira Knightly).
  • He presents some of the Premier League's international output as well. Very good presenter, too good for the main steam.
  • cafctom said:

They had an article on James Richardson and the Football Italia phenomenon in last month's FourFourTwo magazine. I don't mind him too much, but the idiots he presents with on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast absolutely infuriate me.

Apart from Glendenning who is a clown you are definitely wrong about the rest being idiots

Think I mentioned on the FL show thread he popped up on it this week with his usually quips (he Shroots he scores and the score couldn't have flattered them more if it had bought them chocs and said they look like Keira Knightly).
    Now would Robbie Savage ever have come out with lines such as those ? .. a classy kinda guy .. Richardson that is, NOT Savage
  • colthe3rd said:

Yeah me and Gio go way back Mort. Watched Juve's opening game of the season against Parma, nice to see that even after Conte's ban they aren't put off bunging a few quid to officials. Must have been the most blatant mach fixing I've seen.

Must not rise to it...