Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lapland/Lapland UK

2»

Comments

• If you fancy the experience but the price is too steep in December, look at getting out there in Jan / Feb. OK, you wont see Santa (the real one, not a fake) but everything else is available and not at a Christmas premium. We stayed at Spa Hotel Levitunturi in Levi, connected by a tunnel to the Levi spa. The outdoor pool is an experience at -26. The only downside is that for reasons best known to the Fins, swimming shorts are banned, and budgie smugglers are required (though not in the sauna's where its all on display).
  • Anyone know where you can do a tooth fairy tour?
  • Addickted said:

Anyone know where you can do a tooth fairy tour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEbKaco6Bwg
  • MrOneLung said:

My kids are 5 and just turned 8 and they are questioning if Santa is real.

My 5 year old done exactly the same thing, i tried explaining and he wasn't having any of it.
  • Went to Lapland for 4 nights taking in NewYears Eve ten years ago. NYE spent on a frozen lake with a bonfire(!), fireworks and sipping champagne; also taking in the Northern lights. Did snowmobiling and husky ride. Both magical experiences. You get issued all the outside clothes, so we were never that cold.

Going again in a fortnight. Taking the grandkids to see the real Father Christmas.
  • That sounds amazing, one of the worst things about raising a kid here will be the difficulty of him 'getting'  Christmas.
  • My missus has just booked this for us and the 4 kids - I shed a little tear I won't lie when she confessed the price - christ there wants to be plenty there!!, however reading the review above @AFKABartram makes me feel a little better. We did have the real Lapland booked for December (luckily the kids didn't know about it) so this will have to do (feels like it's cost about the same - haha)

Kids have missed out on so much this year that I'm hoping this will be magical for them

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    We went last year 23rd to 27th December and it was incredible. Kids were 5 & 9 which was perfect. Amazing place, stunning scenery and Canterbury Travel did a fantastic job. Cost was around £6.5 - £7k for 4 of us but worth every penny as it was truly magical. Moonlit reindeer safari to view the northern lights was the most relaxing thing I’ve ever done and all whilst snuggled up with my daughter. Perfect! We booked through Go Travel who liaised with Canterbury Travel and booked it all up. I can’t recommend it highly enough...the memories will live on forever
    Sadly, Go Travel a recent victim of the impact of Covid-19 on the travel industry.
  • Disappointed, thought this thread would be about a new club.
  • My missus has just booked this for us and the 4 kids - I shed a little tear I won't lie when she confessed the price - christ there wants to be plenty there!!, however reading the review above @AFKABartram makes me feel a little better. We did have the real Lapland booked for December (luckily the kids didn't know about it) so this will have to do (feels like it's cost about the same - haha)

Kids have missed out on so much this year that I'm hoping this will be magical for them

I've not had a great year either, can I come? You pay.
  • Looking forward to the reviews of this year, might book next year when the little one should be more aware of what's going on. 
  • We're taking our boys the Lapland UK in December. Hoping Covid doesn't impact too much on the experience but can't see how it won't with things like social distancing and masks likely still in place.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Looking forward to the reviews of this year, might book next year when the little one should be more aware of what's going on. 
    Afka already said he liked it.
  • edited October 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Looking forward to the reviews of this year, might book next year when the little one should be more aware of what's going on. 
    Afka already said he liked it.
    Yeah, but I like to consider spending that kind of money on a day out, off of more than just one review and that is more recent :D
  • Rereading the article about Lapland New Forest.  Brought tears to my eyes:

"violent outbursts by irate customers, including Santa being attacked and one of the elves being "smacked in the face and pushed into a pram"."