Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad too big?

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
On most of the programme notes so far this season we seem to have a much bigger squad then other teams, yet we don't have the quality in depth on the subs bench, are we throwing away valuable money to squad members who may not get a single game?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    We give squad numbers to academy members (Harriott, Azeez etc) which boosts our numbers. Other clubs do not perhaps.

I doubt that the youngsters are on megabucks but it boosts morale in that psychologically they can see that they are regarded as "proper" professionals even if not (yet) ready for the first team.

We also have some, originally signed with the third tier in mind, who are running down their contracts. Doc last season for instance and probably Clarke, Hughes and maybe even Evina andTaylor this time.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

We give squad numbers to academy members (Harriott, Azeez etc) which boosts our numbers. Other clubs do not perhaps.

I doubt that the youngsters are on megabucks but it boosts morale in that psychologically they can see that they are regarded as "proper" professionals even if not (yet) ready for the first team.

We also have some, originally signed with the third tier in mind, who are running down their contracts. Doc last season for instance and probably Clarke, Hughes and maybe even Evina andTaylor this time.

Cheers Len that makes more sense of it all and def a good idea on the academy front
  • Options
    Where's big? Why did they go there?
  • Options
    Too big possibly but to big just makes no sense
  • Options
    To big or not to big, that is the question
  • Options
    picky
  • Options
    Ain't too proud to big?
  • Options
    To big or not to big...
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

To big or not to big...

Copy cat!

• Options
    I don't think it really matters as the squad members will be on very reasonable salaries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

johnny73 said:

To big or not to big...

Copy cat!

Doh!

• Options
    Our squad are too big? Even Chris Solly?