Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Where are ya? Let's be aving ya"

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
A question to ALL the club directors (that's if there's any left). Where were you on tuesday night?

I have it on good authority that not one single club director was at the Derby match. Personally think that's piss poor.

Probably too busy watching Chelsea & Man City.............

Comments

• Options
    Don't think it's that big a deal personally.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    oohaah will cream his pants over this if true.
  • Options
    Seriously? Not one director at all? I understand there's barely anyone turning up at home matches, but none at all away? Gotta be joking surely?
    I nominate Seb as Honorary Director for each away match the actual Directors don't fancy going to.
  • Options
    fanny gets my vote seth.
  • Options
    Martin Prothero was there on Tuesday, as were Bob Whitehead and Chris Parkes.

Next...
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Next...

I was told that neither Slater, Jiminez, Murray or prothero were there. As for Whitehead & Parkes, neither are directors............
  • Options
    This has happened before and will happen again. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist.

Happened at Huddersfield last season, though I don't remember this type of thread after that game.
  • Options
    You were told wrong tango...and I know Bob & Chris aren't directors, but there was a good turnout from Charlton, including a certain comedian who is often mentioned.
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

fanny gets my vote seth.

Aw, thanks, bloodnut ! Assuming you did mean Fanny or was it supposed to be fanny ???

Only kidding. Actually WILL be "in with the Directors" at the next home game v Blackburn as it's my VIP turn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Seriously? Not one director at all? I understand there's barely anyone turning up at home matches, but none at all away? Gotta be joking surely?
    I nominate Seb as Honorary Director for each away match the actual Directors don't fancy going to.

Can I nominate Sydney Cheesewright, for his sterling work on the coaches and the trains.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Next...

I was told that neither Slater, Jiminez, Murray or prothero were there. As for Whitehead & Parkes, neither are directors............
    Who told you that?

• Options
    shirty5 said:

seth plum said:

Can I nominate Sydney Cheesewright, for his sterling work on the coaches and the trains.
    Actually think he already sits there, shirty5.....
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Tony Jimenez, Richard Murray, Martin Prothero, Michael Slater are listed on the Charlton website as club directors.....
    The posting was about directors. Not were there representatives from Charlton. So was Prothero there as the directors/board representative?
  • Options
    I think it's Whitehand,not Whitehead.
  • Options
    We never used to take much notice of who was at the game back in the day. We had about 19 directors, there would by law of averages be at least 1 or 2 that could attend, and it was usually impossible for them all to attend a popular game as there weren't enough seats allocated for opposition directors. Now we have less directors and less senior management it is obvious that there will be less representation at every game. I can't help people are trying to pick holes at issues that aren't really an issue....?
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

fanny gets my vote seth.

I'm a big fan of fanny

• Options

We never used to take much notice of who was at the game back in the day. We had about 19 directors, there would by law of averages be at least 1 or 2 that could attend, and it was usually impossible for them all to attend a popular game as there weren't enough seats allocated for opposition directors. Now we have less directors and less senior management it is obvious that there will be less representation at every game. I can't help people are trying to pick holes at issues that aren't really an issue....?

Agree. Whether you believe there are problems at the Club or not how many directors go to a mid-week game is not a reliable indicator either way.

• Options

Tony Jimenez, Richard Murray, Martin Prothero, Michael Slater are listed on the Charlton website as club directors.....
    The posting was about directors. Not were there representatives from Charlton. So was Prothero there as the directors/board representative?

Yes, he was. And apologies dickplumb (and to Bob himself)...my mistype, I should have typed Whitehand.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

fanny gets my vote seth.

Aw, thanks, bloodnut ! Assuming you did mean Fanny or was it supposed to be fanny ???

Only kidding. Actually WILL be "in with the Directors" at the next home game v Blackburn as it's my VIP turn.
    no i ment you fanny, enjoy your VIP day for blackburn!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    ^^^ quote things playing up ^^^
  • Options

Yes, but I know it's my idea suzi, but should Jim D always be the honorary director? We ought to have one for each match...certainly starting with Syd, yourself, Fanny, Seb, Olly, Airma....
    Anyway I vote for a fan director at each match.

• Options
    no fans in the directors box , get em in the away end to increase our numbers
  • Options
    Take it all the people pissing and moaning about their lack of attendance made the trip themselves?

• Options

no fans in the directors box , get em in the away end to increase our numbers

haha!
  • Options
    I don't think they do away games, so in that sense they are pretty well suited to Charlton :-)

Seriously, if they didnt go to Carlisle to see us promoted, I doubt they'll be going Derby on a Tuesday night
  • Options
    Can OohAargh confirm how many directors Millwall took up there last year, and whether it was a midweek fixture on a school night pissing down with rain and scheduled rail works?
  • Options

Take it all the people pissing and moaning about their lack of attendance made the trip themselves?

Rodney just because I got so outraged by Jimmy Carr's legal tax scheme that I slightly wee-ed myself, does not mean that I declare all of my income.

• Options
    bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

fanny gets my vote seth.

no i ment you fanny, enjoy your VIP day for blackburn!

Will try my best, bloodnut . Thanks.