Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Why did I waste a night watching Millwall v Cardiff?"

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9937389.Why_did_I_waste_a_night_watching_Millwall_v_Cardiff_/?ref=mr
MILLWALL columnist MATT LITTLE took nothing positive from last night’s defeat to Cardiff and says he can’t really blame the stay away fans after the Lions again failed to get a five-figure crowd for the second consecutive home game.
And I though we were negative :-)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    All crowds are down .. Blackburn .. just over 12,000 ... Leeds .. 19,000 for an important Yorkshire derby. Prices are too high, fans are skint
  • Options
    football has definitely lost a bit of it's feel good factor
    and i think crowds will dwindle
    i can see the 'home' numbers at the valley being similar to last seasons
  • Options
    High ticket prices.
    Over-zealous stewards and police looking to jump on anyone they can.
    £4 for a pint of warm lager.
    Average footballers that don't give a hoot about the club, as long as they get paid.
    Moaning fans.

Football is definately losing its spark. At least we have a manager and players that care for the club. A lot of clubs do not.
  • Options
    I do think that a lot of it over the past 15 or so years has come down to the likes of the big clubs just swallowing up more supporters, who still won't even go to games.

Rather than support their local side and actually watch live football, they would rather 'follow' one of the big Premiership clubs and watch 95% of their games on TV.
  • Options
    Cycling is the future, over 200,000 turned out in Surrey last weekend to watch the Tour of Britain and it was free!!!!
  • Options
    Wonder if the Olympics/Paralympics have adversely affected football support? Not only might some people have spent their money already, but second tier football could seem an irrelevance compared to having just witnessed the greatest show on earth.
  • Options

Cycling is the future, over 200,000 turned out in Surrey last weekend to watch the Tour of Britain and it was free!!!!

wow .... they must be on drugs ;-)

• Options

Wonder if the Olympics/Paralympics have adversely affected football support? Not only might some people have spent their money already, but second tier football could seem an irrelevance compared to having just witnessed the greatest show on earth.

good points .. after the Lord Mayor's show
  • Options

Who ? The Cyclists or the fans ?
    ;-)

• Options
    What a miserable hit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typo ... meant git.
  • Options

Typo ... meant git.

I thought you meant miserable shit.

• Options

I as one of the 200,000 people and I can confirm I wasn't on drugs. : )
  • Options
    Could be because we're in a rough patch or because my time is taken up with my baby daughter, but I've seriously lost interest in football. Perhaps the Olympics has added to that.