Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Idea against Ipswich?

Hey guys, Just an idea that ive been saying for a while, just wanted to share an opinion and get some feedback. I think we'd look much more dangerous with something like this:

Hamer -Some mistakes this season... but hes also made some great stops and is a good keeper I think
Wilson- I dont think he deserves the abuse hes got...hes no Solly but I'm worried Evina won't have enough experience yet
Cort
Morrison
Solly
Green- Had a great game against Derby and looked sharp vs palace, deserves another start
Stephens- Poor against Derby but definately has class on the ball which we need
Jackson- I've seen him against forest and derby now where he played center mid, and was so much more effective there than LM
Kerkar- Just a better wide man than Jackson, has some tricks up his sleeve and likes to run at a man
Fuller-If fit, I just think he will offer more than Kermogant in my opinion, and think Yanns all out work-rate could come off bench
BWP- Has a much better work-rate than people give him credit for, and is a natural poacher to feed off anything in the box

Just my two pennies worth, so don't flame up please. (Also sorry if this is in wrong area or something its my first post)

Comments

• Options
    To be honest, I don't care what team CP puts out as long as they put in a shift for the full 90 mins rather than the last 20. Other than that, not a bad side but I would have Yann instead of BWP.
  • Options
    Whats the formation ? 4-3-3 ?
  • Options
    formation a 4-4-2 (boring I know but Powell clearly feels comfortable with it) but i'm thinking i left kermo on the bench so we have a mind to changing to a more attacking 4-3-1-2, by bringing off a midfielder whos not performing for kermorgant to play just behind BWP and fuller, then we have 3 out of the four midfielders, who apart from stepehens can all play center mid and push out wide to help wing-backs (when fit solly and wiggins) pushing up the pitch
  • Options
    Anything other than a loss anyhow.
  • Options

Anything other than a loss anyhow.

Definately shooters, very sad to see, especially against forest and derby, that we clearly didn't just come up against better teams, we just didn't put enough work in until the last 20. Very much unlike the side last year that for the most part, at least you could say even when we weren't playing decent football we always put a shift in

• Options
    Still would rather have Solly playing in his correct position and Evina at left back.
  • Options
    Here's an idea:

play properly for the full 90 minutes and score more than they do
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Here's an idea:

That will do for me.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Here's an idea:

The most sensible comment for weeks
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'd go 4-3-1-2.
    Back four - Solly, Wilson, Cort, Morro
    Mid three - Hollands, Stephens, JJ
    Yann in behind Fuller & BWP.

Yann would have more flick on options with the other two up front and with Fullers ability to bully his way through most defences BWP would provide the finish in most cases.
    JJ in CM as although he is dearly loved he does look as though he is struggling for pace.

If a change is required, you could then revert to 4-4-2, replace any of the front three and stretch the game out wide.

Mmmmm......Jumpers for goal posts! marvelous!

Oh!.....and Hamer in goal!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'M GONNA BLOODY FLAME UP! YEAH! HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES HEY! sounds fair enough though. we shall see as i'm sick of speculating.
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly, Morrison, Cort, Evina
    Green, Hollands, Stephens, Kerkar
    Kermorgant, Fuller

Don't like full backs playing on their weaker foot looks dangerous, give Evina a chance.
  • Options
    If you have to drop a forward for a not quite fit Fuller, then drop both of them so they feel less aggrieved. You play Fuller for as long as his fitness holds out, and then bring on a pacey annoyed BWP when they are getting tired.
    And possibly Yann too.
    Earlier you play:

Hamer

Solly (at right back)
    Morrison
    Cort
    Evina

Jackson
    Kerkar
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Green

Fuller.

Evina is encouraged to bomb on, and the overloaded midfield take turns covering for him if needed.
    Green is encouraged to bomb on.
    Fuller holds it up long enough to bring the wide players, and arriving midfielders, into the game.
    We have lots of shots from any range.
    We work on set pieces.

Subs:

BWP
    Yann
    Button
    Dervite
    Wilson
    Haynes if fit
    Pritchard

Cunning plan huh? Might just work.
  • Options
    nice idea as well Seth, I just think powelly had to change it up from the same predicatable team and formation every match! Well i don't want to sound arrogant, but Powell played exactly the team I posted here originally, and we won what sounded pretty comfortably, only let in a deflected goal. Think We'll play the same team against Blackburn? will be a much tougher match, but I never count us out of any game!