Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Chris Powell too polite?

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
In the last few games we have had some stinker decisions go against us, yet CP seems to be to philosophical about them.
I for one would like him to be more critical of the officials. Maybe he needs to be a bit like Fergie?
I also think he is not being critical enough of the players. I hope this is only for the public and privately he is giving them stick for starting slowly and in the case of a few, not being at the races.
Is he really just to nice?

Comments

• Options
    He gave them an ear full at half-time at Forrest. I don't think he is too polite.
  • Options
    no, he knows that if he criticises the officials he will probably end up in some sort of trouble, unless you are fergie you are not allowed to criticise officials....
  • Options
    I think he's bored of the touch line bans.
  • Options
    Yeah, he should give them more stick, because he's only been sent off at least twice since he's been our manager.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i think he's shows alot of restraint. if i was him seeing some of the decisions recently i would be tearing into them but what does that get you apart from a fine, a ban and maybe a reputation amongst officials.

• Options
    What would criticising the officials get you? It's not as if they are going to change any of the decisions.
  • Options

i think he's shows alot of restraint. if i was him seeing some of the decisions recently i would be tearing into them but what does that get you apart from a fine, a ban and maybe a reputation amongst officials.

Some might say it keeps the officials on their toes. Can you imagine how many of the top flight managers would have reacted to some of these decisions which are going against us.
    The reason for my thread was the way he seems to have taken BWP disallowed goal against Palace and I didn't see any bad reaction to the Derby pen last night.
  • Options
    You can't be something you're not, and there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Neil Warnock is full of passion and vitriol.

His side got dicked at home last night in a derby match.
  • Options
    He has class mate. It's not about being too nice...
  • Options
    people were having a go for showing a bit of passion against orient and getting sent to the stand. no chance is soft behind the scenes. ipswich is important now and not what happened at derby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And when CP gets sent to the stands (as has happened) others will criticise him for being too passionate.

Once a decision has been made it's too late, besides in the fullness of time bad decisions that go against you equal out with bad decisions that go in your favour.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He has class mate. It's not about being too nice...

This.

• Options
    Think back to that Colchester goal.

Chris Powell won that decision by being Chris Powell.
  • Options
    No. What's the point in picking up fines and touchline bans?
  • Options
    don't think anyone on here would change one thing about chris powell. he is a legend for being who he is.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You do live up to your Username, mate. Absurdistan lol

TBF it's blindingly obvious as to why Powell doesn't rage at refs, isn't it?

As Dazzler has pointed out, Powell as our manager has already been 'sent off' a number of times - what with being fined, touchline bans, FA warning to his future conduct, let alone setting the wrong example to his players, etc

But that doesn't mean Powelly is too meek and mild - when that Palace game lino came into the Charlton manager's room to apologise for his cock up, you can bet your boots Chris Powell told him exactly what he thought!

But what was said stays in the room.
    What would it achieve to throw his toys out of the pram in public?

And as for lambasting the players at halftime for inept performances, we know from player interviews that he takes no prisoners!

• Options
    what a stupid thread
  • Options

what a stupid thread

This!
  • Options

Neil Warnock is full of passion and vitriol.

And hot air...

Or is that wind ?