Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Vs Charlton Athletic 1960s style

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Now as I have stated in a previous post, I don't like footie that much. But I can remember when I was a lad going to a Millwall Vs Charlton game at the valley. To me this was just something to do on a Saturday afternoon. I went with a "friend" of mine who I didn't like that much but he ok in small doses. His name was Stephen, a ginger nut with attitude! Anyway, we was walking through the terraces when we was approached by 3 other lads. The lad in front looked a bit of a hard nut and he asked me what team I supported. I replied in all honesty, turning my hands up to my sides "neither really". The hard nut then turns to Stephen and asks the same, he beamed a smile and started waving his Charlton scarf from his neck. He was promptly headbutted in the teeth. I pretended to be a bit concerned but was inwardly cackling to myself. The Millwall fans were a bit troublesome and rowdy in those days, are they any different now? I used to go sometimes in the evenings with my dad, but we always paid extra to sit down, much safer!!!!

Comments

• Options
    nice one, birchtree

i knew you would have some footy stories in there somewhere

was that at the valley?
  • Options
    birchtree said:

The Millwall fans were a bit troublesome and rowdy in those days, are they any different now?

No.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    birchtree said:

I went with a "friend" of mine who I didn't like that much but he ok in small doses. His name was Stephen, a ginger nut with attitude! !!!

Did it go something like this (from 40 seconds onwards)?...

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tucdx94pw
  • Options
    Birchtree said I went with a "friend" of mine who I didn't like that much but he ok in small doses. His name was Stephen, a ginger nut with attitude!

Did he ever have a fight with Peter(a fight a day) Smith or any run ins with Gladstone
  • Options
    no Peter left him alone

Did he ever have a fight with Peter(a fight a day) Smith or any run ins with Gladstone

• Options
    So you don't like footy, you don't like your friends, and you laughed when he got headbutted?!

I don't like you.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited September 2012
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you're either a bit naive (hmm) or I smell a troll
  • Options
    I'm neither a troll or naive, i agree i don't like footie that much as i have stated but the "friend" we talk about here wasn't exactly a nice person.
  • Options
    WTF is "footie"? Has to be a wind up!
  • Options
    Defo a WUM.