Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins Double Fracture - Out for 2 Months

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Now on OS guessing it will mean Ceddy will be in for a while!?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120917-wiggins-injury-371262.aspx

Comments

• Options
    Oh ffs
  • Options
    2 months so I don't expect seeing him until the new year at least.
  • Options
    That is absolutely dreadful news.
    Evina will get his chance, but surely a loanee will come in as cover.
  • Options
    Awful news, as he is probably the only first teamer with a great deal of pace to his game. Not to mention the fact that he is just a very consistent all rounder for us.
  • Options
    i would like to see an experianced LB come in if poss, not an 18 year old west ham or simular but someone with a bit of nous and maybe didnt make their clubs 25 man squad.
  • Options
    Evina definitely deserves his chance to play, before we think about loan signings, JJ may be a bit slow, but can cover at LB in case of emergencies. 2 away games at Derby and Ipswich will probably be an easier start than a home game in front of the 'restless natives', as Wilson would probably testify.
  • Options
    It is a big blow.
  • Options
    sh*t, major blow, hope Evina gets a chance though....JJ can't play there anymore - serious lack of pace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS how annoying, hopefully Evina takes his chance, not sure he will be good enough but hopefully playing alongside the 1st team squad rather then the reserve team we use in the cups might bring out the best in him.
  • Options
    Double Bollocks!! Current squad it has to be Evina, as others have said JJ is too slow it LB! Loan LB?? Who's out there that can fit our skint criteria?
  • Options
    not good at all, probably means out till new year as WSS points out
  • Options
    FFS! :(
  • Options
    Morgan Fox has been doing a good job at LB in the U-18/U-21 matches...
  • Options
    Rumour has it that Chris Powell was cleaning his playing boots at Sparrows Lane after failing to get his old mate Hermann to turn out in return for a plate of haddock and chips.
  • Options
    On the bright side, at least we'll only lose one of our our full backs in the next transfer window rather than both.
  • Options
    Someone told me this yeterday. But I didn't want to be the bearer of the news. Not good.
  • Options
    It's always the worst possible news with CAFC isn't it! This will require a renewed thinking by Powell about how we are going to approach games. He relied on Wiggins not only for his defending but also his excellent crossing ability. The good news is it may actually work in our favour. If we can replace Wiggins with a solid defender and a wide left player with pace who can cross the ball. We have to inject some pace into the team.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Maybe give Kerkar a start.He looked lively and a decent player.I fear that JJ may struggle for pace at this level and while we are at it take Pritchard out of that role as he is obviously not comfortable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evina deserves his chance. Solly can act as cover as Wilson can cover him at RB if necessary. Would rather that than loanees.
  • Options
    Gutting for Rhoys & the team , good luck Ceddy!
  • Options
    what's Borrowdale's phone number ??
  • Options
    I used to play @ Left Back - I could do most Saturday matches but will struggle with mid week training
  • Options

Evina deserves his chance. Solly can act as cover as Wilson can cover him at RB if necessary. Would rather that than loanees.

This

• Options
    I've always said that being one of most talented players he is probably the one who is most easily replaced out of what we have. Really rate Evina and think a lot of people forget his age, as I think defense is the hardest position for a youngster to just naturally settle in, hope he does well.
  • Options

I've always said that being one of most talented players he is probably the one who is most easily replaced out of what we have. Really rate Evina and think a lot of people forget his age, as I think defense is the hardest position for a youngster to just naturally settle in, hope he does well.

Agree think he will do ok
  • Options
    I wasn't impressed with Evina last season against Colchester (I think) but in fairness, as someone has mentioned on another thread, he did come in for Solly at extremely short notice.

I guess he deserves an opportunity.
  • Options
    Oh Poo!
  • Options
    Also when we signed Evina, he just won Oldham's young player of the year so he must have something about him. Let's hope he gets a chance to impress.