Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mrs Biggs

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Cant find a thread on this, saw it last night, enjoyed it, I didnt realise Ronnie Biggs was a Charlton fan!
Thats all, carry on!

Comments

• Options
    Ha ha Great show the bloke oozed charisma
  • Options
    Haven't watched it but I cannot stand Daniel Mays, he's definitely going in the people with faces you want to punch thread. Awful actor with his stupid gormless face
  • Options
    I am really enjoying this, I think both the lead roles are being played superbly.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Haven't watched it but I cannot stand Daniel Mays, he's definitely going in the people with faces you want to punch thread. Awful actor with his stupid gormless face

I rather think someones beaten you to it Col.
  • Options
    I like the way it says at the start:

This is a true story.
    Some scenes have been changed or added for narrative.

Quite enjoying it though, but it doesnt look good for Ronnie, just been sent down for 30 years.
  • Options
    What made you think he was a Charlton fan? Buster Edwards was
  • Options
    According to Wiki, Biggs was a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    On wiki Stanley Matthews visited him and Biggs said he saw Matthews play at the valley many times cos he was a Charlton fan
  • Options
    From wikipedia:

Biggs had heard that ex-footballer Stanley Matthews was in Rio and invited him to his apartment. "We had tea on the small balcony at the rear of his home, and one of the first things he asked was, 'How are Charlton Athletic doing?' It turned out he had supported Charlton from being a small boy and had often seen me play at The Valley."
  • Options
    that seals it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did he go away ?
  • Options

Did he go away ?

He even followed the team to the secret close season tour of Brasil

• Options
    D_F_T said:

What made you think he was a Charlton fan? Buster Edwards was

Not so, the producer is or was and liked the line in the film.
    Buster, true to type, was a Millwall fan.
  • Options
    Thought Biggs was a Gooner, seem to remember a news item a couple of years back with his Brazilian born son etc.

Great Series BTW, Sheridan Smith is a definite would ya.
  • Options
    think his son is a mad arsenal fan by all accounts maybe its more fashionable to be one
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Sheridan Smith is a definite would ya.

think you have misunderstood the concept of a would ya.

• Options

DA9 said:

Sheridan Smith is a definite would ya.

think you have misunderstood the concept of a would ya.

LOL...as in a definite yes.
  • Options
    Sheridan Smith is bloody hot, she was in The Scapegoat recently as well, a good one off drama can be seen on itv player
  • Options
    I love it. I think Daniel Mays & Sheridan Smith are both great. It's so clever the way it's from her perspective as she knows what he's done/doing is wrong, but she forgives him so easily as she loves him so much. The way she acts and her face lights up when she sees him is brilliant, I'm totally sucked into it, and even though he did wrong, you can see why he wasn't thought of as a 'nasty' person. Can't wait for next week and each episode I dont want it to end. I love her hair, and her outfits and the way it is filmed as well as the music. 'Heatwave' in it last night by The Who was also a fab addition.

Enjoying it more than Good Cop which we're also watching, certainly isn't as lighthearted as Mrs Biggs!
  • Options
    Yes, great bit of acting both both lead actors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really enjoying it.

As an aside, Sheridan Smith would have been my name if I was born a girl.
  • Options
    Enjoying it too - and Good Cop.
  • Options
    Sheridan it is then from now on!
  • Options
    Talal said:

Sheridan Smith is bloody hot, she was in The Scapegoat recently as well, a good one off drama can be seen on itv player

She's been in the Royle Family and Gavin and Stacey too. (looking a bit different in them..)
  • Options
    She looks very much like my older sister who has since sadly passed away however her daughter (my neice) looks like her as well. Its kind of spooky when I watch the programme.
  • Options

Talal said:

She's been in the Royle Family and Gavin and Stacey too. (looking a bit different in them..)
    not to forget Two Pints of Lager

• Options

Talal said:

And Accused recently with John Bishop

Good Cop, last one tonight, he certainly is anything but.

• Options
    DA9 said:

Talal said:

And Accused recently with John Bishop

Good Cop, last one tonight, he certainly is anything but.

She gets plenty of work! Aside from some football on the box, the Mrs Biggs series is about the only thing I watch at the moment.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Currently in Hedda Gabler at the Old Vic and looking mighty fine

http://www.oldvictheatre.com/hedda-gabler-2/