Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESPN Classic Premiership

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
This morning they showed our classic game against West Ham which ended 4-4 .It is repeated again at 7pm tonight.

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Rich.
  • Options
    amazing game, especially as Paul Kitson hadn't played or scored for West Ham for years, was his first goals since boxing day 99, where he scored against Crystal Palace for us.
  • Options
    Salako and Pringle scored Boxing day, Kitson scored the winner at Selhurst in the March.
  • Options
    What an equaliser. Will try to catch that tonight, cheers.
  • Options
    Watching it now with Jnr...a history in CAFC and he doesnt know the score
  • Options
    I'm a producer on the channel, I'll try and keep u all updated on when they are on. Hope u enjoyed the highlights.
  • Options
    Olly, a great one would be the 5-2 at Arsenal in the same year.
  • Options
    4-2, SAA.

The Chelsea 4-2 would be good too, and the United 3-3.
  • Options
    Unfortunately we haven't got them games. The only other high scoring games we have is the 4 - 4 against villa and the Sunderland playoff. I'm trying to think of making a show that would pull in more than just Charlton fans about the club. Any ideas that would appeal to the masses would b welcome.
  • Options
    Charlton v Chelsea Boxing Day 2003.
    On ESPN Classic on Sunday at 11-30am.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton v Chelsea Boxing Day 2003.
    On ESPN Classic on Sunday at 11-30am.

It seems from that match until last season was all down hill.
  • Options
    Skyplussed this and just watched it. Amazing game and I was struck by a few things:
    1) The number of people involved in the game who had (or have since) represented both teams in some capacity - Minto, Di Canio, Brown, Defoe, Parker, Konch, Powell, Dailly, Kitson, Curbs and Day. (Have I missed anyone?)
    2) How often did Curbs play Powell at LM? My memory always has Powell at LB and Konch at LM, but in this game Powell is definitely ahead of Konch. I didn't remember this at all.
    3) That fecking idiot commentator. The same one who did the 4-2 win at Highbury and seems to have a pathological inability to give us any credit. Even went so far as to cry out "Oh No!" when we made it 4-4. Also, for some reason he decided to be overly judgemental about our dislike of Defoe, despite being insufficiently knowledgeable on the details. Wanker.
  • Options
    Enjoyed reliving Boxing Day 2003 today ,as Lord Romford comments above it was interesting that SCP made a late substitute appearance in left midfield ,so he must have been used like this a few times .
  • Options
    West Ham game was just on again, it's also on at 4 this afternoon so one for sky plus :)
  • Options
    Get your fix of ESPN Classic why you can...the channel will sadly be wound down over the next few months.
  • Options
    what is the point of ESPN anymore?
  • Options
    Most of the UK & Ireland ESPN channels have just been bought by BT as part of their expansion into sports/football broadcasting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/25/espn-bt-vision
  • Options
    Any idea how much it will be a month ? I'm only really subscribing to ESPN for Rangers games at the mo (although Milan derby & PSG v Marsaille last night was class) and I'm seriously considering getting rid
  • Options
    They showed Beckham's PSG debut, last night
  • Options
    Big fan of ESPN - shows German/Dutch/French/Brazillian/English/American/Scottish leagues. Never short of a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant imagine the cost being anymore than now - if you have some sort of BT subscription there could be a discount? ESPN classic is being stopped as part of the deal though.