Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

9/11

Anyone else been watching the documentaries about 9/11 on More 4 tonight? I've been in all night (no football!), and still can't get my head around the whole thing, almost eleven years on.

So many ordinary people were responsible for saving the lives of others, makes you proud to be part of the human race in a way.

Good will always triumph over evil - at least that's what we'd like to think, but I think the aftermath of the tragedy (and 7/7 also) proves that.

Tuesday will be an emotional day for many. RIP.

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2012
    Flying back from Florida on Tuesday so will be very poignant.

There's a detailed thread on here somewhere with everybody's memories of the day.
  • Options
    Apologies, might as well close this one now!
  • Options
    Well said mate. So many people showed the true strength of the human character that day and proved their worth as human beings. For those who gave their lives to help others we should never, never let them be forgotten.
    I was watching the news when the second plane hit and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I think it changed something inside me forever about how I see the world and what life really means.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see how different the world we live in today would be if 9/11 never occurred.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Would be interesting to see how different the world we live in today would be if 9/11 never occurred.

would be very, very interesting, i just flew back from NYC earlier this week. Glad for all the extra security checks since though. At newark especially they were very very thorough.
  • Options
    Horrible tragedy in modern human history, but there is a positive to come from it. If 9/11 never occured, would people like Gaddafi, Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein still be running free? I think they would be, and the majority of the West would still be turning a blind eye to the atrocities that they would have been committing.