Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slugs

2»

Comments

• Copper tape aquired, will see how it goes. Ta all
  • Personally, I get a possee round, all hooded up with baseball bats and wait for the bastards. Then, when they show up, let 'em have it!
  • Had the same problem at my old house about 8 or 9 years ago. Would come downstairs in the morning and two or three times a week there was a silver trail all around the kitchen tiles. Used to do my nut in as I couldn't work out how they were getting in.

Came home late one night and managed to catch one of the bastards making a dash for it - he was halfway under the tiniest gap between the floor and the units under the sink.

Realised then that they weren't getting in - they were already in. If they are then putting stuff around the door wont solve anything. Check for gaps at the bottom of your units - even the smallest - and id you've got some then sling a few pellets into them.

Me, I used to keep setting the alarm for three in the morning and would rush down to try and surprise them. More fun that way.
  • Our cat brings them in!
  • get yourself a pet hedgehog they love slugs
  • PL54 said:

Buy a hedgehog and a few toads

• Thought this was about slags.
  • I get hundreds on the grass from around 6-7pm onwards, same as AFKA i'm woried about putting slug pellets down as I have a 16 month old boy. Would it be safe to put some pellets down and let him play in the garden after a few days or would it have to be longer.
  • Seaweed mate.When you are at the coast next,load up a couple of bags of it.Spread it on the garden and bingo.It acts as a compost as well.
  • Nicholas said:

I get hundreds on the grass from around 6-7pm onwards, same as AFKA i'm woried about putting slug pellets down as I have a 16 month old boy. Would it be safe to put some pellets down and let him play in the garden after a few days or would it have to be longer.

not a good idea, kids love putting anything in thier mouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've always had this crazy idea that slugs and snails are mortal enemies. Maybe put a few snails on 'guard' by the door, they can't get in because of their shells and they'll scare off the slugs........

I'll get me coat.
  • edited September 2012
    It's true mole they fight to the death just takes a fair while I arm my snails with tooth pick swords and 1 penny shields

The slugs however get arms from the middle east and seem to have WMD's

• While on the subject of slugs and snails, I went to a couples fancy dress party the other day dressed as a snail.

I got to the door and the bouncer told me to go home as I was on my own. I said 'what you talking about, I'm with michelle'.

Meh meh
  • Nicholas said:

I get hundreds on the grass from around 6-7pm onwards, same as AFKA i'm woried about putting slug pellets down as I have a 16 month old boy. Would it be safe to put some pellets down and let him play in the garden after a few days or would it have to be longer.

I'd check what is says on the packet rather than anything a load of sarcastic Charlton supporters say.

• If your going to use slug pellets and your worried about kids or pets use the blue ones by Growing Success , which acts on dehydration principles rather than poison.

http://www.william-sinclair.co.uk/gardening/products/controlproducts
  • edited September 2012
    PL54 said:

Nicholas said:

I'd check what is says on the packet rather than anything a load of sarcastic Charlton supporters say.

If your going to use slug pellets and your worried about kids or pets use the blue ones by Growing Success , which acts on dehydration principles rather than poison.

http://www.william-sinclair.co.uk/gardening/products/controlproducts

Cheers fellas looks like a trip to homebase is on the cards.

• What did the slug say to the snail?

Big Issue.
  • Thought this was a thread about Palarse :-)
  • Lifted the lid and fired up my BBQ yesterday to warm up the coals before I started cooking, after a couple of minutes movement in the corner of my eye caught my attention and when I looked there were 2 dirty fat slugs trying to get away from the heat at the back.

And before you ask no I did not cook them and serve them up to my unsuspecting family, I flicked them off the back and over my neighbours fence.

• While on the subject of slugs and snails, I went to a couples fancy dress party the other day dressed as a snail.

I got to the door and the bouncer told me to go home as I was on my own. I said 'what you talking about, I'm with michelle'.

Meh meh

I saw a snail the other day and he was going so slow I thought I'd see if I could 'tune him up' a bit. So I removed his shell to see if that would make him go faster but it just seemed to make him more sluggish.

gets coat