Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is this?

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Can anyone identify the player in the Woolwich shirt, we have no idea, we have asked Mickey Bennett, he is clueless as well

Comments

• It's not Kenny Anchampong, is it?
  • Kenny achampong ?
  • Time period would be about right looking at the kit he's wearing.
  • Fairly sure it's not Kenny Achampong, although I'm afraid I can't offer an alternative.
  • I thought Achampong.....
  • Pretty sure it's the 88/89 season kit - which was a year too early for Achampong
  • Steve Browne
  • Who wears short shorts?
  • Steve Browne

According to my Richard Redden book, he only made one sub appearance in 80/81. Far too early for that kit.
  • Can anyone else remember Steve Browne's 1 sub appearance ? I'm pretty sure he came on, ran a fair distance down the right wing, beating quite a few players then promptly fell over when he was about to cross. Or did I dream it !?

I've wondered about this for years.
    Sorry, this doesn't help the original question !
  • Sponsored links:

• Steve Browne

According to my Richard Redden book, he only made one sub appearance in 80/81. Far too early for that kit.
    Worth a guess

Can anyone else remember Steve Browne's 1 sub appearance ? I'm pretty sure he came on, ran a fair distance down the right wing, beating quite a few players then promptly fell over when he was about to cross. Or did I dream it !?

I've wondered about this for years.
    Sorry, this doesn't help the original question !

No, but for some reason he is always the player who I think where is he now? 1 sub appearance and then disappeared from the game as far as I could see. Where is he now? Just one extra E away from being a Charlton legend.

• You referencing drugs again Henners?

• Could be one of two Ricky Antoine or Sam Appiah both youth players around 1990......Alan Dugdale,Steve pjayed at Watford sept 91 coming on for Leaburn
  • Don't know but i bet the player he's marking is sorry he forgot his shorts
  • Addickted said:

Pretty sure it's the 88/89 season kit - which was a year too early for Achampong

Yeah,you're right there,i as per usual got it wrong :)

• Too early to be a young Linvoy Primus turning out for the reserves?
  • You have just proved why the club needs a digital archive of players and cafc photos.........
    One of the suggestions proposed by the CAST.
  • That's not Pongo...
  • ...Paul Mortimer
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw Steve Browne playing for Yeovil Town many times between 95-98 went on to club management, don't know where he is now though.
  • Does he have an allotment in Chatham
  • if not de souza could be john solako's brother who we had then (sorry for the spelling)
  • The photo needs to be a lot clearer for me to judge. Certainly the 88/89 season kit, but the photo quality is poor.

Possibly Randy Samuel playing in a pre season friendly against Fisher Athletic from august 89, but just guesswork at this stage
  • shirty5 said:

Possibly Randy Samuel playing in a pre season friendly against Fisher Athletic from august 89, but just guesswork at this stage

I was at that game and yes it could have been Randy Samuel. Canadian trialist centre half. Fisher had Malcolm Allison as boss around that time. Can't recall what their kit was like but as there's no shirt sponsor it could be a non-league side he was up against.

• looks like him going with pics on google

• shirty5 said:

I was at that game and yes it could have been Randy Samuel. Canadian trialist centre half. Fisher had Malcolm Allison as boss around that time. Can't recall what their kit was like but as there's no shirt sponsor it could be a non-league side he was up against.

Fisher play in black and white stripes as per picture....
  • edited September 2012
    whoever gets this will earn some serious anorak stripes i tell thee!
  • Well done @shirty5, I think you got it pal! I reckon Randy Samual is Our man....!

• tell you what, scrub the stripes, get that shirty5 the golden anorak!

(good pic rob).