Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The shootings in France

13»

Comments

• se9addick said:

SE10 said:

Found a possible IED in the house/garden

Yes, the surrounding area has been evacuated.
    Bloody hell - in Claygate ?
    The Middle East comes to leafy Surrey with all its plots, feuds and merciless vendettas
    Yeah, Surrey's not as smart as it thinks.

• IdleHans said:

se9addick said:

SE10 said:

Found a possible IED in the house/garden

Yes, the surrounding area has been evacuated.
    Bloody hell - in Claygate ?
    The Middle East comes to leafy Surrey with all its plots, feuds and merciless vendettas
    Yeah, Surrey's not as smart as it thinks.

Damnit !! I knew I'd left out a vital comma
  • Have i missed something or has this story gone a bit too quiet?
  • good old fashioned phrase .. 'the Police are stumped, but continue with their enquiries'
  • good old fashioned phrase .. 'the Police are stumped, but continue with their enquiries'

Most unfair. Inspector Clousseau is now on the case so expect developments.......... sometime - possibly:-)

• If you think things have gone a bit quiet, let's consider the facts:

An Iraqi "engineering expert" becomes a naturalised Briton.

He is kept under surveillance at his Surrey home during the 2nd Iraq war.

He currently works as an "engineering consultant"

He goes on holiday to remote France and is murdered, along with some (not all) family members.

A passer-by on a cycle is also shot, for no obvious reason, although he too has worked for "the military" before.

The victims have been shot twice in the head, but no car windows are broken and the engine is still running.

The scene is discovered by an ex-RAF guy who is also cycling in the area.

Nobody sees anything or hears anything or notices anything.

UK police raid his empty home, declare a bomb alert and clear the local area.

So it was probably just random attack by some loony.......or er....er. yeah...or...er..yeah..er....a random attack by some crazy loony.

Best to just forget about it.
  • or a similar grisly fate will befall me? found bound and gagged in the west stand toilets with my flask shoved where the sun don't shine?.

I'll go for the Iranians.

Most unfair. Inspector Clousseau is now on the case so expect developments.......... sometime - possibly:-)

Not to mentioon Cato !!
  • If you think things have gone a bit quiet, let's consider the facts:

An Iraqi "engineering expert" becomes a naturalised Briton.

He is kept under surveillance at his Surrey home during the 2nd Iraq war.

He currently works as an "engineering consultant"

He goes on holiday to remote France and is murdered, along with some (not all) family members.

A passer-by on a cycle is also shot, for no obvious reason, although he too has worked for "the military" before.

The victims have been shot twice in the head, but no car windows are broken and the engine is still running.

The scene is discovered by an ex-RAF guy who is also cycling in the area.

Nobody sees anything or hears anything or notices anything.

UK police raid his empty home, declare a bomb alert and clear the local area.

just a lot of coincidences then ;-)
  • nothing to see here move along 8=P
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

Lots of broken windows.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9535383/France-shooting-new-witness-describes-horror-of-murder-scene.html

o well thats that theory out the window .....I reckon they know a lot more than they are letting on .....

• jdsd42 said:
    o well thats that theory out the window .....I reckon they know a lot more than they are letting on .....

They were broken to free the other daughter after the incident:

The RAF cyclist bloke describes the bullet holes in the glass............

Mr Martin then approached the vehicle and managed to turn off the engine which was still running at that point.
    He explained: “I went round to the driver’s side…I noticed there were some holes and I started to think ‘is that a bullet hole?’
    “I started taking stock of the people inside. I became fully aware that the injuries of the people inside did not match the sort of injuries you would expect of people in a car accident. I have never seen people who have been shot before.”
  • Just caught the back end of a news bulletin and they've been found in France
  • think you've got your news stories mixed up there.....
  • I think he is referring to a different type of shooting in France. Hur Hur Hur.
  • Just caught the back end of a news bulletin and they've been found in France

now thats funny pal
  • Lol, it's been a long week!
  • This has been really quiet - have the French detectives come back from lunch yet?

Anybody know whats going on?
  • Sponsored links:

• I suspect that the combined talents of Maigret and Poirot would struggle with this one
  • The Brother of the murdered man has now been arrested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23031076
  • Always thought there might be a family link - or someone who knew them. The fact that the 2 kids were left alive (although one was harmed) was strange unless the killer was specifically told not to kill the children - and (to me) that was only likely if it was a family feud.
  • edited June 2013
    It'll be hard to charge him (he has just been 'arrested') unless he confesses or the hitman is found. As to leaving children alive, history is littered with would be kings, princes, inheritors of large estates and /or fortunes, who eliminated all and any family members of the victim to assure no vendetta or counter claim to the spoils.
    It will be a hard psychological burden for the two daughters to carry later in life if it is proved that they have been orphaned through the acts of a murderous uncle and /or his entourage.
    All in all a very sad business