Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley - Safety Advisory Group

Comments

• Options
    They are now.
  • Options
    It looked like the friend on the lady hit in the chest wasn't too happy when he came over to apologise!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Simon E said:

This may sound a bit light weight, but the warm up in front of E & F blocks (north lower) is bloody dangerous! The amount is people injured (especially kids) and seats broken by awful, but well struck, shots turns those blocks in to a shooting gallery.

I may be wrong, but The North Lower has been far from full in the last few seasons.
    Surely, you could sit out of the firing line & then move to your allocated seats, when the warm up finishes ?
    I know I wouldn't sit there every game, if balls were being fired at me.Not having a dig. Just a suggestion.
    The stewards do not tell anybody
    How about putting a temporary net up like they do at other grounds?
    100% agree with this most other "larger" clubs do this.
  • Options
    I think I'll get my lunch now & go and sit in the road & I'll be really upset if it gets spilt or I get injured/killed.
  • Options

I think I'll get my lunch now & go and sit in the road & I'll be really upset if it gets spilt or I get injured/killed.

Haha! This!
    If you don't want to take the risk of being hit by the ball, don't sit there or pay attention when the players are warming up!
  • Options

I don't think anything is likely to change with the steps in the east stand. The stand was built to the relevant safety specification and will have been inspected to the nth degree by the authorities. It will meet design and safety standards and beyond that the SAG has no remit. I'm sure that to put in a handrail you'd have to take out seats to maintain the width. It's unlikely the club will spend money on taking out seats.

Having said all that, I use the stand and do recognise the issue.

Meet me in the East and watch my Father get to his seat unaided. Basically, the steps are safe if your sure on your feet. If not, it can be very difficult.
  • Options
    It's the way the stand is built.

Why can't you arrange for him to sit somewhere where he doesn't have so much difficulty in getting to his seat? - there are alternatives.
  • Options
    I would just like to raise the issue of the teas/coffees. I'm too scared to buy one as am worried that it might be too hot when I drink it and burn my lips, or else I might spill it and burn myself.

Can someone please confirm to me what the Club is doing about this issue?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I would just like to raise the issue of the teas/coffees. I'm too scared to buy one as am worried that it might be too hot when I drink it and burn my lips, or else I might spill it and burn myself.

Can someone please confirm to me what the Club is doing about this issue?

Would you like a lid?

• Options
    cafckev said:

It looked like the friend on the lady hit in the chest wasn't too happy when he came over to apologise!

Sometimes you go on holiday and people put their deck chairs right next to the pool and then moan when they get splashed.

These people are idiots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've also notice that on sunny days the crowd in the North and East Stands are often sitting in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.

Have the club considered making available sun cream or issuing sunglasses? Perhaps we could erect some sort of giant sun visor over the West Satnd that could be hoisted up whenever the sun is out?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Off_it said:

I've also notice that on sunny days the crowd in the North and East Stands are often sitting in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.

Have the club considered making available sun cream or issuing sunglasses? Perhaps we could erect some sort of giant sun visor over the West Satnd that could be hoisted up whenever the sun is out?

We really need to get a "LIKE" button on here like Facebook.
  • Options
    we need a little bit more smoking room in the toilets in north upper please
    starting to find it a bit hard to get in
  • Options
    Not sure whether to go tonight. I've heard there are likely to be footballs flying into the stands again. Sounds too dangerous.
  • Options

Not sure whether to go tonight. I've heard there are likely to be footballs flying into the stands again. Sounds too dangerous.

Fear not, on reading this thread the club will be providing everyone in the north lower with a sumo suit and big foam hands for protection. In addition, our injured players are being deployed across the stand as part of some interception training to cut out any wayward shots
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    You may laugh about it, but I saw Jay Bothroyd break someone's nose a few years ago with a misplaced shot. I was glad that it wasn't me that he hit. A woman had her wrist broken last season as well.
  • Options
    I don't think it's funny that they were hit and injured, far from it. I just find it quite amusing that its an issue that apparently needs raising - either sit somewhere else (there's enough empty seats), pay attention (the number of people I see with their backs to the pitch during shooting practice is worrying) or don't sit down until closer to kick off. Surely one of these is appropriate rather than expecting the club to do something about it! If not then its a risk people have to take!
  • Options
    As it was me that raised this issue over shotgun alley on this thread, I wanted to issue a bit of praise to the maintenance team for last night. Another seat was obliterated last night in e block, but yet again the maintenance guys had it replaced before the teams came out! Well done to them!

As for the warnings I couldn't help myself but to laugh that Big D's warning to the Watford fans came as the goals were being out away. ;-)
  • Options
    Would appear they've moved the goals forward for this reason!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Full page article in the programme today saying that large nets will be up at both ends to avoid any more injuries or broken seats.

The power of CL : - )
  • Options
    Can't be just sign some strikers that can actually hit the target?

;-)
  • Options
    Bump.

The next meeting is this wednesday.

Amongst a couple of other points, I intend to bring up the issue of the situation in A Block on Saturday just to get the Clubs viewpoint.

Is there any other issues that people want raised?
  • Options
    Could you suggest that they shut the whole ground down for our next home cup game ? dont see any reason for fans to turnup when the club and the "team" dont.
  • Options
    Even if we get Arsenal at home next season? :-)
  • Options
    Tops are removed from plastic bottles of coke etc that are sold in the ground (costing around £2).
    Very inconvenient for those bringing younger children to a game, and it slows down the retail operation.

I have only 2 questions:

How does anyone know that the purchaser doesn't have a spare top in his pocket, thus making the whole exercise pointless ?

Why would a nutter pay £2 for a plastic bottle to throw, when they could throw the £2 coin instead ?

I am not aware that this action is performed anywhere other than at football matches and it's a pointless regulation, regardless of why it is enforced.
  • Options

Why would a nutter pay £2 for a plastic bottle to throw, when they could throw the £2 coin instead ?

As good a point as I've seen on here in some time but as it is a nationwide policy it will be hard for it to have any legs on an individual basis I would have thought.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Bump.

The next meeting is this wednesday.

Amongst a couple of other points, I intend to bring up the issue of the situation in A Block on Saturday just to get the Clubs viewpoint.

Is there any other issues that people want raised?

You could ask about the Lansdowne Mews development and the disabled parking spaces lost
    Has there been any new provision, for those disabled, if not why not?

• Options

Tops are removed from plastic bottles of coke etc that are sold in the ground (costing around £2).
    Very inconvenient for those bringing younger children to a game, and it slows down the retail operation.

I have only 2 questions:

How does anyone know that the purchaser doesn't have a spare top in his pocket, thus making the whole exercise pointless ?

I am not aware that this action is performed anywhere other than at football matches and it's a pointless regulation, regardless of why it is enforced.

I think its more about throwing full bottles of drink than the catuall tops...
    But I always carrying a bottle top in my football bag and even when the bag is searched (which is rare) the top is never taken off me.
  • Options
    Valiantphil said:

Are you allowed to take bottles into the ground? Never been spopped although a friend has!
    Also I noted at Hillsborough I was sold a bottle in the ground and the top was NOT removed. Are the breaking regulations. Agree it is daft to remove and discourages me from purchasing.