Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Divorce

2»

Comments

• Options

I was using it as an example - they're just normal people too you know.

you're fast losing your credibility :o)
  • Options
    It's a horrible place to be in your life - divorce/break-up.
    When I got divorced it was recommended that I use a solicitor to protect my interests. Considering the simplicity of the case (house was already divided in a previous settlement) it still cost me about £800 (this is back in 2004/2005) and (I think it is called) I still did not get the clean break order. My solicitor would write to me periodically asking for information etc and explaining what was happening and then quite often end the letter suggesting that I call him. So naively I used to call back thinking he had something new to say, but in reality he would just go over the letter (with the odd story thrown in) and this call would be logged and added to my account! Crafty sod. His initial verbal estimate of about £300 grew somewhat...
  • Options

well they are. Although that was a joke, forgot the old wink ;)
  • Options

as a young man, I have to ask - is it all worth it? (rhetorical question). It costs a fortune to get married and a small fortune to get divorced. CBA with all that. Nowadays marriages are a bit of a joke.

It costs a small fortune to get out of a long-term relationship as well. Mate of mine split from his partner after 27 years - the outcome was no different than it would have been had they been married. If you don't ever expect to enter into an LTR, this is irrelevant.

The 'problem' we have these days is a lot of us can expect to live quite a long life, so marriages potentially last a long time. If you got married at 25, but your life-expectancy was 45, you only have to put up with the old trout for 20 years. Whereas we can expect to live for 30 or more years beyond that - oh Christ, this is more depressing than the Stephens transfer thread. :-)
  • Options
    mother-in-law has moved in with us today. Hope I don't have to revisit this thread in the future :-(
  • Options

mother-in-law has moved in with us today. Hope I don't have to revisit this thread in the future :-(

thought this was only legal in Brazil ?!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-19402508
  • Options
    Good grief! Having one wife was bad enough, who on Earth would want two?!
  • Options

OMG. Nothing like that going on !!

• Options

Well that's what everyone would expect you to say ...
  • Options

Just wait until Christmas Eve and she's had a few Sherries ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Addickted said:

Just wait until Christmas Eve and she's had a few Sherries ;-)
    provided you know women by the name of Sherrie that is ...
  • Options
    I'd like to thank my Missus for getting knocked up by my Chelsea supporting mate, 'Dempsey', then when he 'legged it', asking me to help pay for the Abortion, Divorcing me over HER Adultery (!), getting 2/3rds of the House value, then moving to Cornwall with my kids to buy a pub. I changed from Arsenal to The Addicks, went to Australia, started a Punk Band (Please Return my Dog), 'enjoyed' 25+ ladies, and 30 years later married a lovely Filippino Charlton Fanatic (who still fancies 'Curbs'!) Could'nt be happier. (the pub failed).
  • Options

well they are. Although that was a joke, forgot the old wink ;)
    they are not 'normal' they earn more from marriage and divorce than it cost them, the publicity is worth more to them than the fees and settlements. especially the young attractive ones that can get remarried after a week for another 'small' settlement. scandal creates cash!

As far as marriage is concerned I have been for 5 years and going strong, would still do it again (same person though). Also the best day of my life.
  • Options
    I've been married for 35 years and I'm still in love with the same beautiful girl ........ if the wife ever finds out she is gonna kill me !!