Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Walsh

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Judging by Covered end, Swisdom, and Lord Flash Heart, Paul was a twat but now at nearly 60 is older and wiser, and would've garnered wisdom on his Journey.

By Chance, I saw Paul Walsh score a hat trick at Sparrows lane as a lad against Chelsea in a youth match in a 4-3 win. I went with kid brother to watch, from our parents house a couple of miles away.

• Options
    Judging by Covered end, Swisdom, and Lord Flash Heart, Paul was a twat but now at nearly 60 is older and wiser, and would've garnered wisdom on his Journey.

By Chance, I saw Paul Walsh score a hat trick at Sparrows lane as a lad against Chelsea in a youth match in a 4-3 win. I went with kid brother to watch, from our parents house a couple of miles away.

The Daily Mail article posted on this thread confirms that Paul himself admits he was a twat for a very long time, but having kicked the booze, he is now in a much better place, and now helps other alcoholics to kick the booze

As I said on the Plymouth post match thread, he was visibly shocked that the rather pissed Lord Flash came hurtling out of an exec box and told him that he was Lord Flash’s first Charlton hero, and could I have a photo with him, Curbs and Scott - he was very humble in thanking me for saying that

I don’t do Twatter, but I imagine that at times he has had some stick from Charlton fans, because we perceive that he doesn’t care about Charlton - so hopefully it cheered him up that some pissed up loon of a Charlton fan was so desperate to tell him how much he meant to that fan as a little boy

I didn’t of course see Charlton TV on Saturday (too busy swigging beer, and forgot to put the TV on in our box !!) - but interested to hear from those that watched it what Paul had to say about Charlton ?
  • Options

The Daily Mail article posted on this thread confirms that Paul himself admits he was a twat for a very long time, but having kicked the booze, he is now in a much better place, and now helps other alcoholics to kick the booze

As I said on the Plymouth post match thread, he was visibly shocked that the rather pissed Lord Flash came hurtling out of an exec box and told him that he was Lord Flash’s first Charlton hero, and could I have a photo with him, Curbs and Scott - he was very humble in thanking me for saying that

I don’t do Twatter, but I imagine that at times he has had some stick from Charlton fans, because we perceive that he doesn’t care about Charlton - so hopefully it cheered him up that some pissed up loon of a Charlton fan was so desperate to tell him how much he meant to that fan as a little boy

I didn’t of course see Charlton TV on Saturday (too busy swigging beer, and forgot to put the TV on in our box !!) - but interested to hear from those that watched it what Paul had to say about Charlton ?
    If you go on to YouTube Flash you can watch the pre-match programme where he talks about his time at Charlton.
  • Options
    Kips said:

If you go on to YouTube Flash you can watch the pre-match programme where he talks about his time at Charlton.
    Perfect - just watched whilst having a sandwich 
  • Options

He said that he would always be eternally grateful for Charlton, for enabling his dream move to Luton  ;)
  • Options

He said that he would always be eternally grateful for Charlton, for enabling his dream move to Luton  ;)
    The memory lane section was rather short !!!

Wish Scott had asked what it was like playing with Killer
  • Options
    I remember that Reading game. Seem to remember quite a bit of trouble after, but I was rather young and it may have been nothing really. Pretty dure it was my first away win.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

if you could see the game from two miles away you must have cracking eyesight you and your brother!

You deserve a LOL. 
    I should've used a semi colon not a comma :o