Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18s

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
We beat Barnet today,2-1. Two great goals from OliverMuldoon,one free kick from 25yards and another volley from the same distance which took a slight deflection.Muldoon also missed a penalty in the second half.We were all over Barnet in the first half but we got a bit sloppy in the second half and it was a terrible back pass by Gomez which led to their goal.

Team
Phillips
TerellThomas,Joe Gomez,Harry Lennon,Tareiq Homes Dennis
Oliver Muldoon,Diego Poyet,Harry Gerard,Michael Martin
Tobi Sho Silve,Tomi Adeloye.

Subs Darien Neavin for Tomi Adeloye,Kasey Palmer for Michael Martin.

Comments

• Options
    Jason Euell tweeted that the U16s won 4-1, anyone know who's this against?
  • Options
    Cheers Dick. Enjoy these reports
  • Options

Jason Euell tweeted that the U16s won 4-1, anyone know who's this against?

They were playing on the next pitch,I thought it was Barnet.Thanks for the feedback Henry,sorry for the poor quality of the report but I knocked it out in 5 minutes as I had to get to the Valley.
  • Options
    Muldoon sounds decent. Any other stand out players?
  • Options
    Stebo said:

Muldoon sounds decent. Any other stand out players?

Muldoon is a great prospect but it went to his head a bit in the second half shooting when he should have been passing.Diego Poyet played well,but he has to watch his tackling as he was lucky not to be sent off,as was Harry Lennon.Harry Gerrard is a very neat and skilful player as is Tareiq Homes Dennis who has been converted to a left full back.
    Tobi Sho Silva had a game he would want to forget,as he missed from a yard and he also missed another couple of opportunities,but his strength and speed causes defenders problems.
  • Options
    Agree, a poor back pass but to say he had no options is an understatement. The U18's are clearly a very good squad. I just felt they've coasted it a bit in the few games I've seen so far this season. They need to be stretched more and no doubt will be over the coming weeks when they face more competitive opposition!!!